It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#TheBestMenCanBe #Gillette

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm not sure how much this matters to anyone at this point. There is a new development re: this commercial. Daily Mail has publised an article called Meet the VERY woke women (and their eye-popping campaigns) behind Gillette's controversial 'toxic masculinity' ad.

It was directed by Kim Gehrig, an Australian-born and London-based ad director who has previously shot commercials for Uber, Gap and UK's John Lewis

Her ad for feminine hygiene firm Libresse - known as Bodyform in the UK - featured singing female genitals

The article covers her work which is interesting and controversial. Especially the Libresse ad which, even though it was acceptable for a nationwide TV campaign in the UK, would probably get me suspended here. At any rate, it is posted in the article farther down the page and also on YouTube which I also hesitate to link to.

If you're interested in these kinds of issues, it's probably worthwhile to go over and have a look.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   

edit on 18-1-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: ker2010

Thank you for doubling down on proving the point... just couldn't keep that toxic masculinity in, could you???

Keep it up. Keep telling the whole world. Keep showing the whole world. Keep letting EVERYONE know exactly who you are and why the Gillette ad hit the proverbial nail on the head.

You're nailing it, Dude.

There is no toxic masculinity. There are only good and bad people..

YES YES Ill Scream to the top of my lungs! I will not conform and be molded into the emasculated men you type of women want nor will my son. And I don't give a rats ass how many stars your far left man hating brigade gives you.

I will not be scared to go up to a woman and ask for her number!

I will not tell my son wrestling with his friend is bad!

I will not tell my son to allow himself to be picked on and not fight back!

I will not sit back and allow my race and sex to be the only ones allowed to be criticized unfairly and freely!

AND MOST OF ALL!!... I will not be scared of made up SJW words used to divide and demonize people!

PS Damn right I nail it every night thats what real men do!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I love the smell of Turd Wave Feminism in the morning.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   
It is darkly hilarious that the people defending and lauding this propamercial is the same ones that scream misogyny whenever a individual woman is criticized.
Zero self awareness.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
ozzy man reviews the gilette ad !

www.youtube.com...

what I think is funny si that gilette made example of the things we see on tv can affect us as we grow older

so should we have a critical look at every gilette advert ever !

we should , because have gilette ever used gender stereotypes to sell their products in the past ?

well here is a look at gilettes ad history !

all gilette ad's

Should you take moral advice from a company whose initial ad campaign was to suggest that you are un-civilised

Early Gillette ads targeted men exclusively; they appeared principally in newspapers and general circulation magazines, and stressed the civilizing aspect of shaving. "The country's future is written in the faces of young men," one blurb from 1910 declared, continuing, "The Gillette is a builder of regular habits. Own a Gillette—be a master of your time—shave in three minutes." ADVERTISING Another ad from the same year indicated that Gillette's razors separated independent, civilized men from brutes and effeminate males: "Woman is the great civilizer. If it were not for her, man would revert to whiskers and carry a club. . . . "

See how this is going from the jump ! we need razors otherwise women wont talk to us and we shall remain as brutes in caves with whiskers!

and society wants to brand gilette as some sort of paragon of virtue in the modern world!

they are corporate scum who will literally say anything to sell their products the same as nearly every other corporation in the world who tells you that you need their product to be accepted by everyone else

edit on 18-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Gillette has its own YouTube channel, you can see their ads there. The feminists don't really see this as a commercial. To them it is more of a public service announcement.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Aye I see what you mean !

If the feminist movement is about equality then why aren't feminists attacking Gilette for suggesting men are uncivilised if they don't shave ?
women kick up fuss about having to shave for society , so why aren't they attacking Gilette for stereotyping men ?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Wish I could say but I've never really understood women.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
BINGO!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

well the good news is you don't need to understand them just accept them!

I can give you a wee tip that always helps , just carry snacks , and use the words "oh you look stunning "

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

quite funny how he points out that girls fight as well , I've seen some seriously viscious girl fights with high heels being used as weapons !

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

In the case of modern western female feminists it's not hard.
Just mix narcissism with a extreme focus on group identity and you have a modern western female feminist.

But, my experience is that generally, there are exceptions of course.

Women generally run mentally on a emotional processor.
That is variables, A+B=C.

Men generally run on a logical processor.
A problem solving, 1+1=2.

Which works if you account for the roles in human society that each sex evolved into during our hunter-gatherer period.
We didn't leave that period too long ago in the big scheme of things.
Another example of behaviors that we have left over from that time is the tribialistic silliness that infects our cultures aka group identity.
edit on 18-1-2019 by HarbingerOfShadows because: This is the song that never ends.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

Been married most of my life. Besides having sisters growing up.

I think they just route their thinking through some brain centers we don't have.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

nice find
Women just can't see how incredibly sexist all this is.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I don't think they have anything we don't have.
I think it's just a case of different emphasises.

Emphasies?
edit on 18-1-2019 by HarbingerOfShadows because: The TV made me do it.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Last post in this thread and here is an amazing response to what a man is !! I had to share...

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
If anyone's interested.

edit on 19-1-2019 by HarbingerOfShadows because: I like cheese.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I would give you 5 stars if I could.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Another response video.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join