It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#TheBestMenCanBe #Gillette

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: Boadicea

"I don't believe for a minute that you would be okay with some guy talking to your wife about these things, and I don't believe for a minute that you consider this a decent conversation to have with me."

My wife read it, her sisters and daughter read it, all her female friends read it, we went to get our taxes done; she had read it. Overwhelming popularity but no woman here even met anyone that ever read it. Then someone else said probably men or trans men bought all the copies.

I just think at least one of you is not being altogether honest. If you don't want to talk about it, fine.

Don't go into attack mode. If you bully me I might cry.

Nobody I know read it.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I'm impressed!

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

I think we're arguing about things we may actually agree on.

I thought we were basically agreeing... until you came up with that crap.

Shall we start over?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Sure.

Are YOU a redhead?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I can forgive you for all of that...toxic femininity...

Don't bother.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Okay. Whatever. I won't make you cry.

Since you didn't believe me the first time, no reason to repeat myself only for you to not believe me again.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Nope!

In fact, it's the strangest thing, I was a towhead as a little girl, my hair gradually darkened into a light brown, and now instead of going gray, I'm going blond!!!

Don't ask me how that happened. I have no idea.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Ummm...sorry...62% of women have fantasized about being forcefully ravished/raped by a hero figure...

Ummm...sorry...62% of collegewomen, and the study in question did not ask one consistent question, but varied between "overpowered" -- which can be interpreted as emotional rather than physical, in other words "seduced" -- or "rape," which is literally a violent act.

But you gotta dig deep to protect your fragile male ego from us womenfolk, eh?

Just keeping things in perspective...

Better than you realize... much better. Thank you!

Ummm...see...there you go with the slam again...and you call my ego fragile...

What is it that your burying...that has you so riled up and antagonistic...

Whatever it is...it wasn’t me...I didn’t do it...stop projecting your angst on to me...

Look...I get it...you’ve been hurt in the past by some knucklehead...how far that episode or episodes went...only you know...I don’t...nor do I have any desire to...

However...projecting onto the entire male population isn’t getting the help you so obviously need...

Here’s to hoping that happens...perhaps then you can move beyond your issues as per the discussion at hand...

This thread has certainly been an eye opener...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

However...projecting onto the entire male population isn’t getting the help you so obviously need...

Don't be so generous. I'm not. I'm calling out the bullies and abusers in general, and you in specific. Not the "entire male population."

I know and love and have known really awesome men my entire life. I know the difference.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I've had the same experience.

The hell is going on today?

Anyway. I ask because for some reason, I always picture feminists as redheads (I know there's probably some form of racism in there somewhere, must be). Maybe it's because of those I've known in the past. Probably.

But I'm highly attracted to redheads, so by association (as strange as it may be) I end up having a thing for feminists too. It's like a opposites attract, f# me like you hate me kinda thing.

Too much information, I know. It's that kinda thread.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Don't be so generous. I'm not. I'm calling out the bullies and abusers in general, and you in specific. Not the "entire male population."

I know and love and have known really awesome men my entire life. I know the difference.

Do you know who the worst and most persistent bullies in my life have been? Even with the one abusive relationship I was in, the girls were still the worst.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Im surprised no one pointed out that in the commercial it was the white man showing aggressive behavior and a black man stepping in.

The problem is its always directed at men especially white men.

You wont see a commercial about stopping the rash of female high school teachers sleeping with underage male students.

You wont see a commercial about the problems with extreme Islam ideology and the terror it causes.

You wont see a commercial about the black male and the amount of homicides they commit much much more per capita than any other race in the country.

and so on and so on.....

Its safe and accepted to attack men especially " straight white men" Its the in thing for progressives. Ohhhh that dreaded white man!!!

a reply to: InTheLight

Very naive lady arent you? How many story's are out there about bully's being reported to the school administration and it got worse and nothing was done about it till it was to late or not at all?

Verbal Judo is a great skill to have, talking yourself out a conflict is all good and dandy. I learned a lot about verbal judo as a bouncer. I also learned there is a small percentage of situations in which talking does not work. In your utopia world talking works 100% of the time. Unfortunately in the "real" world sometimes you cant talk your way out and have to get "hands on" with someone or continued to get bullied and take physical damage to your face. Sorry dear not all people can be reasoned with.

Most bully's need their ass kick one good time.. Its a pretty good solution and effective most of the time for the one being bullied and usually makes the bully have second thoughts before they pick on someone else.

Or you could have your kid go to the school administration numerous times and be ignored and eventually go hang themselves somewhere or shoot up the school because the pressure was to great.

Women like you want emasculated soy boys who have their testosterone removed and balls clipped. I can only imagine if America was invaded how fast we would be conquered with the type of men you feminazis want to raise.

Not my son, he will be the one taking up for your son at school, you can thank me later.

edit on 15-1-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Did you miss the part in the vid where the black man was difusing a potential violent situation?

Did you miss the part where the black man was teaching his daughter that she is strong?

You miss a lot.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

And people say Globalism/Corporatocracy isn't a cult/religion?

Men are toxic. Know thy sin and repent ye sinners!!

Reminds me of my youth in the catholic church being taught about original sin....

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

I've had the same experience.

The hell is going on today?

So I'm not the only one -- but still weird, right?

Anyway. I ask because for some reason, I always picture feminists as redheads (I know there's probably some form of racism in there somewhere, must be). Maybe it's because of those I've known in the past. Probably.

But I'm highly attracted to redheads, so by association (as strange as it may be) I end up having a thing for feminists too. It's like a opposites attract, f# me like you hate me kinda thing.

Well, if it helps, I believe the original Boadicea was a redhead AND perhaps the ultimate feminist long before it was cool to be a feminist!

Too much information, I know. It's that kinda thread.

Yeah, it is that kind of thread.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Do you know who the worst and most persistent bullies in my life have been? Even with the one abusive relationship I was in, the girls were still the worst.

Right... those would be the "mean girls" that I called out FIRST in my very first comment on here, and said that I would have liked to see Gillette address their bullying also. It would have been better if they had done it in this one, which would have been quite appropriate since they do market to women also, but since they didn't, in a future one.

And what does that even have to do with me saying --

For people whining and crying about how this is insulting to "all men," I sure don't understand the hostility when I clearly and unequivocally say that it doesn't apply to all men.

Sheesh!

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

And just FYI... I know that I share my views on many current issues with certain feminists, so I won't argue the name, but I have never considered myself one. My focus has been on my family as a mostly stay-at-home mom and wife.

However, my "feminist" ways came from the opposite angle. My dad was the perennial Boy Scout and insisted that his daughters be just as resourceful and self-sufficient as his sons... we were taught that if it's worth having, then it's worth working for, and that if you want something done right, that you've gotta do it yourself. "Be prepared" and "no excuses" were the house rules!

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Gillette tells men they're reulsive creeps ... now give them your money, you piece of trash!

Warning! Some satire may be involved.

Gillette has learned that in [current year], it's not enough for a company to make a product that people want. It's not enough to make them feel inadequate about themselves, and then sell them the supposed cure for that inadequacy. Consumers, men in particular, must be made to feel worthless. They have to be reminded that their needs and desires are wrong under any circumstances, that their instincts are loathsome, that their very existence is a malignancy, and that they're responsible for all the world's ills whether they want to admit it or not.

Now give them your money, you piece of garbage.

But seriously, this is like Starbucks writing about racism on all their cups before handing them to customers. Sure ... not all their customers are racist, but that didn't stop them from seeming like corporate scolds now did it?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

In addition to launching their new ad campaign and redefining their slogan, the brand has launched a new charitable program to promote the positive impact some men are making and continue to dismantle the "toxic masculinity" way of life throughout the country.

"Gillette believes in the best in men," Coombe said. "By holding each other accountable, eliminating excuses for bad behavior, and supporting a new generation working toward their personal ‘best,' we can help create positive change that will matter for years to come."

Well said, Coombe.

www.eonline.com... -re-not-stopping-there

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join