It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: China Releases First Panoramic Shot From The Dark Side Of The Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Kinda looks like swiss cheese I suppose.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
a reply to: Kandinsky

I am no expert but as far as I know the longest humans can survive in space without risking serious life thretening health conditions is 6 months.

But several people have successfully lived in space for more than 6 months at a time. Some have lived in space for a year or more at one time.

There are detrimental health effects, but (as mentioned already) those effects can be mitigated while in space by exercise and other methods.

The many people who have lived in space for more than 6 months did have some detrimental changes to their bodies (some of which, such as muscle mass, can be reversed after living on earth again), but it's not as if they cannot function anymore after living in space for 6 months to a year or more.

edit on 1/11/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The surface colour looks quite different from the first released image.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skush
The surface colour looks quite different from the first released image.

The first image might have been a photograph of a video monitor displaying the image rather than supplying a direct image file.

China had done that before with the first photographs from their first lander.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It's the far side of the moon. Not the dark side. It gets as much light as the front side. We just don't see it.

Its gets a lot less light as there are areas that remain in total darkness due to the craters.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Well it looks like your saying with excercise we will be just fine in space, however the facts say otherwise.
Not to be off topic I was just trying to answer the question as to why we probably dont have moon bases and such.

However I have noticed the links seem to not have gotten the point through that we cannot live in space and be healthy after a certain time. 6 months is considered a safe zone. No one has been in space up to 2 years. Please look at those who have stayed for over a year which is a record they talk about the health dangers. Also walking and performing simple tasks are almost immpossible.

So even if people went to mars the probelem is they wouldnt be able to do anything for weeks or even months for their bodies to properly recover from the long trip in space.

Astronaut Scott Kelly on the devastating effects of a year in space:
www.smh.com.au...

We May Finally Know Why Astronauts Get Deformed Eyeballs
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Space Could Leave You Blind, And Scientists Say They've Finally Figured Out Why
www.sciencealert.com...

Beings Not Made for Space
www.nytimes.com...

Earth Living Is Tough for Astronaut Used to Space
www.space.com...

www.quora.com...
After a long duration stay of around six or more months, it usually takes a week or more, before come back to normal state. The balance of our body is totally disturbed and feeling dizzy all the time except the lying position.

And for fast recovery of body’s balance, they used to walk which is considered an important physical activity that accelerates their recovery.

2. Recovery in terms of Vision:

48% of astronauts suffer for their vision (both near and distant). Their vision are affected due to the excess pressure on the optic nerve in the microgravity environment. Its get better for many astronauts eventually but some are left with permanent blurred vision.

edit on 11-1-2019 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

The longest consecutive spaceflight was done by Valeri Polyakov, who spent nearly 438 days on the former Russian Mir space station. And Gennady Padalka, who recently stayed on the ISS with Kelly, has spent a combined 878 days in space.Oct 29, 2015

Source

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Space makes you go blind? Just do it until you need glasses.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Space makes you go blind? Just do it until you need glasses.

Well I wonder what the moons gravity would do over a long period of time.

Considering how dangerous space is I wouldnt doubt if similar health effects would occur from living on the moon for more than 6 months.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Your links and quotes there don't really support your earlier post. They're big issues and 'non trivial' as folk like to say these days, but they're still surmountable. A lot of energy has gone into finding ways for people to adapt to zero gravity and it looks like they're on the right track.

Thanks for the links and for taking time to post them. Solid ATSer

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Ummm...because if I did that, the picture comes out smaller, as seen below. I thought by posting the enlarged picture vertically, it would save people the extra step in zooming it in their Paint program. Sorry if you found the posted picture so troubling SMH.

ok, I guess that explains it. Do you think we will get photos from the darkside? How long will it take that rover to get there?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Ummm...because if I did that, the picture comes out smaller, as seen below. I thought by posting the enlarged picture vertically, it would save people the extra step in zooming it in their Paint program. Sorry if you found the posted picture so troubling SMH.

ok, I guess that explains it. Do you think we will get photos from the darkside? How long will it take that rover to get there?

The rover is already there where it wants to be, on the Moon’s far side.

There is no “dark” side of the Moon. Generally speaking, all sides of the Moon get equal amounts of light over the course of a 28-day lunar cycle.

There is a side, however, that is always facing away from Earth (often called the far side) and a side that is always facing toward Earth (called the near side). We can never see the far side from Earth, even when the far side is lit up.

It is this far side that some people call the dark side, but that is a misnomer since it isn’t always dark. The rover landed on that far side, so it’s already there.
edit on 1/11/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Descent and landing video: www.youtube.com...

Yutu-2 rover deployed: www.youtube.com...

Closeup of the landing site, taken from an LRO image:

(The lander landed in-between those three small craters)
edit on 11-1-2019 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

If the Moon landings were faked, NASA really got the thickness of the soil and colors right. (By looking at the treads of the rover)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Yeah the lack of gravity turns bones to mush.

en.wikipedia.org...

Future Soldier 2030 Initiative was a US Army program that was launched in 2009 with the mission to research and develop future soldiers' equipments, weapons and body armors. The program investigates various futuristic technologies, including mind boosting drugs, powered exoskeletons and artificially intelligent assistants.[1][2]

Cancellation In late 2015, the Future soldier initiative was largely cancelled and shelved by its backers

Newspeak for meaning the project has gone off books and Dark.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
fake. Shot in a China movie studio. Fake.

Fake news.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This is an amazing picture! Vivid and detailed. Thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

It's the far side of the moon. Not the dark side. It gets as much light as the front side. We just don't see it.

If the Moon doesn't rotate, does that mean it's not naturally occurring? (Alien made)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It rotates, it's just that its rotational period happens to match its orbital period.
edit on 11-1-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join