It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria - Turkey - Rojava 2019 Border Dispute and the International Coalition

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The Syrian Elite Forces will be restructured under a deal and sponsored by Turkey, France, and USA to maintain security over the border region. The SEF is mostly Syrian Arab group, which is why Turkey is ok with it.
At least thats the allegations as of recently.

Exclusive - The General Commander of the Syrian Elite Forces tells HJN: the SEF will be restructured under a French/U.S./Turkish sponsorship, the SEF will be an agreed alternative forces to deploy on the borders NE of Syria.

I guess we just move on to the next letter of the alphabet?

Video of what appears to be US Army Helicopter patrols. Are those AH-64's or AH-60's ?? Its hard to tell, looks more like Apache than a Hawk.

edit on 12-29-2018 by worldstarcountry because: i forgot the video lol

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

this chapter of WW3

Glad this turned out to be not much of a world war.

As far back as the 1990's, the Congo collapsed into a series of wars that would rival any other in terms of their death toll since WWII, and this was directly following the French-led Rwandan Genocide resulting in 1 million dead Tutsis at the hands of the Hutu regime in Rwanda, and directly preceding and running concurrent to the Yugoslav Wars, the British–American invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq in 2001 and 2003 respectively, and the current crises involving ISIL, Syria, Ukraine, and others which have been directly related to these conflicts. It should also be pointed out that France and China have led the international resistance against NATO and America, particularly since 2003. All-in-all, an estimate 8-million-something have died if one tallies up all of these interrelated conflicts.

It should also be noted that even George W. Bush had no choice but to acknowledge his conflict was a Global War on Terror.

Global=World.

A Third World War on Terror.

But it is in all actuality a result of Bush's imperialist foreign policy.
edit on 29-12-2018 by IndyFront because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It is reassuring to know that we will continue to support our staunch friends fighting terrorism from the lands of the Middle East, of which who the Kurds are one of the most effective and professional.

Lindsey Graham
‏Verified account @LindseyGrahamSC

The President will make sure any withdrawal from Syria will be done in a fashion to ensure:

1) ISIS is permanently destroyed.

2) Iran doesn’t fill in the back end, and

3) our Kurdish allies are protected.

Somebody is delivering something . Or I guess they could also be picking up.

Looks like a truck broke down. Or they could simply be delivering it to a new post fresh?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
God Bless you President Trump!

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Turkey continues it massive build up of forces to secure their border tightly.

The Kurdish Council meeting on creating a big alliance for securing concerns of Rojava.

Rojava Resistance
‏ @RojavaCudi

20h20 hours ago

The Kurdish National Congress has established a committee to communicate with all the Kurdish parties in Rojava with the aim of creating a uniting big alliance and developing a Kurdish strategy to confront Kurdish and self-governing dangers of northern and eastern Syria.
#Rojava

International Forces continue to maintain established ties with our friendly forces in Kobane.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
There are too many flags flying within firing range by rival multinational modern forces in the Manbij area. I hope 2019 sees some reason prevail, but if it all blows up to # at least we will see it happen right here.

This report from 24 news has an in depth analysis, debate, and updates on the military and political situation.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Coalition Troops check in at a Syrian Army checkpoint in the area. They are adamant about not taking pictures.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The Russian Military Police are now patrolling neighborhoods and villages within minutes from US forces location west of Manbij.

Also, the YPG shot down a Turkish commercial hobby drone trying to monitor across the border. I guess they use these because they are cheap, somewhat discreet, and offer fairly high quality resolution. Footage was recovered from the memory card which shows they launched from a nearby base. They all posed for the departing flight apparently.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
as has already been covered in these two threads, we lost 4 of our brothers yesterday in a suicide car bomb attack inside of Manbij. ISIS claims responsibility and Southfront found the background on the attacker as well. I just wanted to add that Turkey is the only actor claiming there is still ISIS along the border zone. They always point to the Kurds in the north and call them ISIS. Many of the interviews on the local media such as Orient News and Step News with the residents on the ground are always complaining that ISIS always came from the direction of Turkey, it continues, they are terrible and the Turks are giving them the fullest support.

I still see comparison photos as I read updates on twitter of fighters and commanders wearing ISIS flags and colors, and then recently have been spotted in the FSA ranks waving new flags and colors. I will start adding those the moment I see the next one.

As far as I am concerned Erdogan was behind this attack through his countries intelligence apparatus.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
So about an hour ago Rojava Resistance posted an image of Ilham Ahmed, co-chair of the Syrian Democratic Council, shaking hands with a US Senator. He looks like Maryland Democrat Senator Chris Van Hollen, but its only a guess.

A rumor about recent reports of an official meeting with Hezbollah as an effort to mediate with Assad on the future of Rojava has been denied by Riad Darar , Co-Leader of the National Council. But I already know the future of Rojava, it will be an independent state that will thrive with a rich culture and achieve much greatness both technologically and financially in the near to mid future. Only if we give them our full support, and hopefully Israel does too as this entire decade has kind of been their plan since 1982.

As well today, allegedly 700 additional soldiers have deployed to NorthEast Syria for the attempt to capture al-Baghdadi, the man with more lives than Osama bin Laden. He has been killed by both Russia and America, and I think once by Turkey, as well as by Syria I think. The guy just keeps coming back though.

Ilham Ahmed (Syrian Democratic Council) meeting with US Senator in Washington, US Senator says that US will protect the achievement of the Kurds in Northern-Syria and say´s that #Turkey threats is only psychological war. #Twitterkurds #US #Syria #Rojava

Riad Darar , Co-Leader of the National Council denied this and said: "I was surprised by this and there is no official delegation from the Syrian Democratic Council requesting mediation from the Lebanese Hezbollah," said in a statement to Kurdistan 24."

SOHR: 700 US Special Forces soldiers arrived in Northern-Syria to capture most wanted terrorist ISIS Leader "Al-Baghdadi" in the east of the Euphrates. #Twitterkurds #ISIS #US

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry
Well I see she also met with Trump where he emphasized our commitment to keeping them safe.

President Trump briefly spoke with Senior Syrian Kurdish politician Ilham Ahmed and reiterated that they will setup a safe zone for the Kurds #TwitterKurds

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Well clearly this situation has taken a turn for the worst. I guess I can still cover this area. I forgot I even made this thread. I'm learning to do translations on this mobile, so I guess I can start slowly updating again. This was a surprise attack against National Syrian army (free Syria army rebranded) infantryman or terrorists or whatever.

southfront

The Al-Waqas Brigades of the NSA confirmed the fact of the attack. It identified the killed militants as Omar Qasim, Ahmad Najar, Khalifah al-Za’l, Abd al-Muni’am Abdullah, Amar al-Lakah and Taqi al-Din al-Ali.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well according to Sec. of Def. Mark Esper, US troops will still be in Syria in the Deir-Ezzor area to keep oil infrastructure from falling into any ISIS hands from potential resurgence. Interesting enough ..

ANNA
translated with google services
he US Army will maintain a presence in northeast Syria. The US military will continue to maintain control of the country's oil fields in the province of Deir Ez-Zor. Information on this was confirmed by US Secretary of Defense Mark Esper.

The decision to withdraw US troops from northeast Syria has not been finalized. This was announced today by US Secretary of Defense Mark Esper at a meeting with his Afghan counterpart. In addition, he said, the US military will maintain its presence in the oil fields in the province of Deir Ez-Zor. According to Esper, this is due to the need to protect infrastructure from the capture by militants of the Islamic State terrorist organization banned in Russia and “other forces,” which obviously means the Syrian government army and its allies.

Today, the U.S. Army has faced several incidents in northeastern Syria. Kurds threw stones and rotten fruit at American vehicles passing through settlements. This reaction was caused primarily by the actual betrayal of the Kurdish formations by Washington, which in fact left them alone with the Turkish army.

Recall that on October 9, after receiving guarantees of neutrality from the United States, Turkey launched a military operation against the Kurds, called the "Source of Peace" in the north-east of Syria. On the night of October 9-10, Turkey and its allies from the Syrian National Army embarked on the ground phase of the operation against Kurdish forces. On October 12, they managed to take control of the center of Ras Al Ain and cut the M-4 Aleppo-Hasaka highway. Yesterday, Turks and militants stormed the village of Tel Abyad, but failed to take control of it. On October 14, the Syrian Arab army, acting in agreement with the Kurds, entered the territory they controlled in order to restore the power of official Damascus and create a barrier on the way of the Turkish army and its allies. Turkey and its allied militants launched an attack on Manbij, but did not achieve significant success, limiting themselves to taking several adjacent villages. On October 15, the city was taken under control by the Syrian army. The next day, the CAA occupied the city of Kobani. On October 17, Turkey agreed to a truce with the Kurds to divert their formations from the border, but within a few hours the clashes resumed. Yesterday, Kurdish fighters, by agreement with the Turkish side, left the city of Ras Al Ain, which they defended from the beginning of the conflict.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Slightly concerning if true. Six Syrian Army killed by Turks www.dailystar.com.lb...

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
It use true, and they also currently have about 14 Syrian army POW's from a day or two ago. The army has also invited the. SDF officially to join them in the fight against Turkish aggression as representatives from the largest tribes have petitioned the government to grant all members of the SDF a general amnesty.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It's on various sites and that includes continentals ones but there's been no mention of it in the British media which is amazing.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Looks like Lebanon slipping into civil war as we speak www.debka.com... Blimey the whole region is kicking off add to Iraq too where security has killed hundreds of 'protesters' just now. Makes one wonder where we'll be in a few months by Christmas?

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If you want any reliable updates from a news source on this specific area of interest, I suggest Al-Masdar News. The militants are on video abusing the captives, slapping them around and such.

In the first video below, the Turkish-backed militants can be seen dragging the Syrian soldier in an area near the Ras Al-‘Ayn front. The end of the video shows a dead Syrian soldier with a bullet wound; however, it is not clear whether or not he was executed or killed during a shoot out because the film looks edited.

A second video released this week shows Turkish-backed militants questioning a wounded Syrian soldier. The militant questioning the soldier becomes aggressive and repeatedly slaps the wounded soldier.

Another video released by the Turkish-backed militants show them beating a Syrian soldier as he is walking.

And then what I used to do, would be to follow all three of those militant accounts, and search through their followers and those they follow. Run everything through translators and find some really hard to find stuff to post here. But I don't have the time anymore since I have to use wi-fi hotspots after terminating my at home internet.

These methods are effective for anyone researching any conflict including militants in the Ukraine, Asia, Africa, central and south america etc..

Twitter is not the only outlet either. Your average fighter just like your average everyday human has an unnatural tenacity for posting sensitive content on a variety of platforms, including snapchat, instagram, and facebook as well as twitter.

Most of the good stuff is on twitter though, followed by instagram and then facebook. Very little is found through snapchat, mostly because the app is designed to erase posts to begin with.

I have been mentioning Iraq in posts for two months, nobody batted an eye. The only thing that has got me shaken was finding out today Israel closed all its embassies. Protestors being gunned down around the world is common enough, so are the civil wars. But believing that Israel is closing its embassies due to a wage strike?? Anybody who buys that is welcome to several bridges I have for sale. What bothers me is not the pathetic fake excuse, but whatever the real reason is. Thats what bothers me.
edit on 10-30-2019 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I just noticed David Eubank is now along that border, hopefully not with his family this time. When I was covering Mosul he was there with his family on their humanitarian missionary mission. While I am certain he is an intelligence asset fulfilling a psy-op for the Christian right in America under the guise of the FreeBurmaRangers as well as general intelligence gathering, at least he gets some good footage and an on the ground perspective from the hot-spots. I suggest keeping an eye on him as well as he reports back from the border zone.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Many thanks for the heads up and advice on news outlets
Really appreciated, I'm a Jpost, Lebanon Star, SANA guy but do need to stretch things a bit more. Cheers. Know where you're coming on nobody batting an eye on Iraq, just amazing when hundreds have been killed by security forces. Maybe we have become so desensitivised that it's just another day when at the same time there is a whole region right next door to Europe and noth africa going up in flames, totally amazing.

Know exactly where you're coming from on the emabassy closures by Israel, something is in the pipeline. I been trying to guess what it is, maybe taking out Hezbollah in Lebanon while the civil war teeters to resume there, maybe an (as promised) an Israeli attack on Iran, there was something the other day in a paper about Netanyahu accusing Iran of installing missiles into Yemens to target Israel from there. Wouldn't be surprised if we wake up tomorrow and Israeli airforce has attacked positions in Yemen like it's doing in Syria and Iraq right now

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join