It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Touching is only wrong when it is male on female, how screwed up is that?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I had a hospital appointment yesterday, the consultant doctor was female, she shook my head around to induce the vertigo I suffer, it was a horrendous experience, proper dizzy and vulnerable for a good half hour, apparently she could see by my eye movement how bad it was, so that was interesting.
Anyway, in my miserable mood she kept touching/rubbing my shoulder in a caring way, same with the assistant nurse, stroke to my back, just caring touches which almost made me cry.

I'm wondering if the doctor had been male and I was female would the touching have happened?
I don't think it would. I think most males (myself included) need to know touching is wanted before they do it these days.
I loved the compassionate strokes and touches today, it made a horrible experience much better.
I guess the 'power balance' we all talk about between men and women is the issue, but I'll take caring treatment from a touchy feely female doctor any day over a guy doctor.
Male female interaction seems a mess to me these days. I have friends who are teachers and they cant give a crying child a hug...but my lovely medical staff today made my experience so much better just from the human touch.
Any thoughts welcome, this thread is just an afterthought because I cannot sleep tonight lol

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Ummm...
Ha...
Haaa...

I’m touched...

I had that benign positional virtigo a couple of years ago...up was down and dizzy as frack for three long months...

The fifteenth or sixteenth Epply maneauver finally did the trick...

It started when I got up in the morning to leave a leak...and promptly fell head first into the closet...I almost pissed myself...almost...

I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy...or on you for that matter my friend...hehe...

I can sympathize...even without getting all...touchy feely...

YouSir
edit on 18-12-2018 by YouSir because: Of the trans positional terminology...

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
So what about when a Male touches himself? Who's to blame?
Can I sue the lingerie ad in the local paper?
edit on 18-12-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
When I touch women, I always identify as one.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Okay, I reread this.

What you experienced is/should be normal for either sex.

The problem is the toxic social environment that makes woman think they are constantly being sexually assaulted.

Its bull#, frankly.

I remember a Buddhist quote that I'm sure to butcher.

But the gist of it was...

"When your actions come from a place of positivity, you shouldn't succumb to thoughts of regret."

Meaning if your actions are meant to be positive, you shouldn't judge yourself how others view it.

Granted that isn't some wholesale attempt at dismissing inappropriate behavior. But often times, even the simplest of human compassion is misconstrued as malevalent.

ETA: I've been in a similar health situation, and as an extremely strong independent man, I appreciate the compassion of strangers in difficult times. Anyone who would infer some sort of negative emotion from that is viewing it solely from a personal perspective. A hand on the back, a soothing voice or a moment of compassion is nothing like an inappropriate sexual touch. Sadly, these days, most people dont have the logical capacity to tell the difference.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

just leave it at that... you already know the answer to the question.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir
I had that treatment today, got an appointment first week January for another possible session.
I so hope it fixes it, could do with working full time again. I am naturally lazy and only work 2 or 3 days a week though but I've had a few no work weeks lately because dizzy and feeling the financial hit.
Life is good though, and the human touch of kindness made me smile tonight. Not treatment, just caring strokes like you would give a child.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Physically Touching Anyone is just a Part of being Human no matter what the Intent . Social Norms cannot Dictate to Human Natures . That's how I Feel about that ....)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock
It is a pity isn't it.
It should be the same but it ain't.
The strokes I got yesterday would never have been dished out by a male doctor to a female patient.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The problem is todays attitudes.

A male gently touches a woman in any capacity, she cries that he's a sex offender and the world rallies around the woman #metoo.

A female gently touches a man in any capacity, he complains that it's inappropriate and he is laughed at and ridiculed.

That is the problem.
edit on 18-12-2018 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop
I've never minded being touched uninvited, but I am a bit of a slut in Christian members eyes for sure.
The touches yesterday were just compassion, they were beautiful.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
It is a pity isn't it.
It should be the same but it ain't.
The strokes I got yesterday would never have been dished out by a male doctor to a female patient.

But 10 years ago it would have been fine.

Sadly, its basically a problem of extreme feminism.

I'm a centrist, that leans left or right on certain issues. Rabid progressivism is what's brought us to the point of even touching a womans shoulder, who we have not given explicit sexual consent to touch, has resulted in "sexual assault".
Its the end result of extremism, which in either direction is debilitating.

Its progressive repressive, it's being championed by fools and the mentality insufficient.

Hold the center line, it's the only ground of the sane thinkers.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Physically Touching Anyone is just a Part of being Human no matter what the Intent . Social Norms cannot Dictate to Human Natures . That's how I Feel about that ....)
A female can touch a man with more confidence that he won't have a problem. As a male, I need to be absolutely sure touching a girl friend or any female is wanted.
...but also as a male I get female stroking so I'm happy, yesterday was horrible but the strokes made it.
...pity many male doctors would be too scared to give a woman a loving caring stroke.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
The problem is todays attitudes.

A male gently touches a woman in any capacity, she cries that he's a sex offender and the world rallies around the woman #metoo.

A female gently touches a man in any capacity, he complains that it's inappropriate and he is laughed at and ridiculed.

That is the problem.

Sorry, I disagree on the second part.

Women are more compassionate and nurturing. Most any man would be fine with a consolation touch from a woman.

Its affectionate, its motherly. A Male doctor had the same capacity to a female patient.

It's meant to be a sign of compassion, a sign of compassion to suffering.

It had been for thousands of years. Only recently have mental midgets morphed it into something sinister.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Decades ago when I was in HS, I learned the school had a strict 'faculty could not touch students' policy.
There was an exception made for post-menopausal women, as there was a psychological nurturing urge in this demographic that could not be overcome.

It's a shame nurturing (at any age) has become demonized. Kind of speaks to why there are problems in society today. . .

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Massively agree.
Exactly how I thought about it yesterday, it is a pity.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Massively agree.
Exactly how I thought about it yesterday, it is a pity.

Hey, I may be the class clown on ats, but dont assume thats a representation of my intelligence.

Not a dig on you. I know I can do better.

In summation, were #ed....the world over when it comes to this nonsense.

Hence why the other thread I'm active in is a emp apocalypse thread. We need to backtrack a bit with regard to progressivism.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
It's a shame nurturing (at any age) has become demonized. Kind of speaks to why there are problems in society today. . .
Sadly I agree.
I would call an older woman to assist if I found a lost child. No way would I put myself at risk.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
Sadly I agree.
I would call an older woman to assist if I found a lost child. No way would I put myself at risk.

From a statistical, biological standpoint, any women should be presumed to be the preferred caretaker of an abandoned child.

That's thousands of years of human nature, animal nature and human biology.

But not now.....that's just sexist you sexist bastard.....science be damned....

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Lol

It is crazy though, those strokes off the doctor and nurse were the most natural thing in the world to me, not sexual, pure loving compassion.
...but a male doctor and a female patient, he could potentially be screwed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join