It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Touching is only wrong when it is male on female, how screwed up is that?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep
Compassionate female touch is amazing in my opinion. I came round from surgery a few years ago in pain and crying, I'll never forget the nurse who stroked my forehead telling me everything will be okay.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I've been in a similar situation. A few years back I had to have a berries check (catch my meaning?) for cancer and the Doctor was female, she told me to go behind the curtain and drop my trousers but then walked in with a male Nurse, without warning and it was a bit of a shock, I said that it was fine for it to be just her I wasn't going to accuse her of anything and her words were "Oh he isn't here to be a witness for you. He is here for my protection" which took my breath away (and that was before the cold hands) I asked what she meant, that I've never attacked anyone and she just shrugged and said "Sorry it's just that we have rules we have to follow" and then went on with the appointment.
Had to quote this crazy story, what a mad one that healthcare workers need backup for protection.
I've been reading stories about paramedics being attacked in some parts of the UK, I'm like WTF? They are the last people to be attacked doing their job to save lives.
I used to throw stones at police cars as a youth, but ambulances and fire engines were sacred.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

All i know is that when i had a nasty pile, and with the prostate exam to be safe, i requested a lady Doctor carry our the procedure.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Lol you nut!

Smaller fingers I guess as well.
Seriously though when I'm treated for anything I'm just massively grateful to whoever is providing it to me.
Can you imagine having to pay thousands like in the US?!
I'd be screwed right now, self employed so medical condition = no work at times = no income.
My savings have dwindled just paying the bills this year so to have medical bills on top I'd be ruined.

...I have paid tens of thousands in taxes since the age of 16 though so this year of being a drain on the system I don't feel guilty about.
Every person who has been involved in my health this year has been kind and compassionate, but yesterday being stroked when I was in a mess with vertigo was special. There were two student doctors watching and I hope they learned that human touch from my experience.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Put it this way, if i had actually had anything wrong with me, i would not have given a rats arse, as to who or what addressed it as long as they fixed the problem.

God bless the NHS mate, because they Tory bastards are trying to make it a privilege instead of our right.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Those Tory bastards can try but I think the NHS is safe for now. There would be riots if they tried to turn it into a US style system.
It is one of the few issues that every citizen on these isles can agree on, we may bicker about everything else like a dysfunctional family, but the NHS is sacred to all of us...except Tory bastards of course, but even then grassroots Tories want to keep the NHS as it is, it's only the people at the top looking at ways to save money.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Thing is those Tories at the top role the crap, and it generally flows downhill.

To be honest i don't see our NHS resembling anything like its supposed to be one or two decades down the line.

If the Tories stay in power our NHS will be privatized beyond recognition, the fact is it already has been to a significant extent.

Our NHS is not as sacrosanct as one might think.

Hopefully, I'm very wrong on that score, all the same.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I don't think the Tories will win the next election, it will be a coalition of Labour, Plaid Cymru, The SNP, and any Lib-Dems which get elected.
I can see my next MP being Lib-dem again, the only possible option to get the Tory out down here. Labour is a wasted vote.

I have another appointment for first week of January for this treatment trying to realign crystals in my inner ear, not looking forward to it, I'll be expecting caring strokes again lol, honestly mate the treatment is horrible, dizzy as # as they move my head around.
Grateful for the treatment though for sure, just unpleasant.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Good luck mate, hope all goes well.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Cheers mate

If I get caring strokes off the doctor and nurse then I'll cope.
Massive difference compassionate touch makes when one is vulnerable.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Yh it was a crazy moment. I try to get male Doctors now when it comes to any touching examinations and have told the Doctor why, he said that it was now normal practice to either have another person in the room to witness the examination or to have a person of the same sex.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85
I wouldn't mind male or female for any examination, I go into 'child mode' when I need treatment and defer to the professional treating me.
Yesterday was a challenge though, shaking my head around to induce my vertigo, then some weird head movements to try get some crystals in my inner ear back to how they should be, I should google it because a lot of what the doctor said wasn't going in because I was so dizzy.
...the gentle strokes when I was in distress totally helped though, I wonder if they teach doctors and nurses to do that or is it just their kind human nature?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
MALE-on-MALE is wrong too. Look what Congressman Adam Schiff did!
twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Ah, I was going on about compassionate gentle touching, stroking and kind words...the Twitter link is just violent abuse.
Violent abuse is always wrong.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Oh don't get me wrong I don't care if it's a bloke or woman the only issue I had was to be made like I was some dirty old man (33 yrs old today
) and having some male nurse standing there with my having my twig and berries checked out. I mean at the least he could've stood the other side of the curtain if I'd have attacked her surely she could've screamed or something lol. I just felt like I had a reputation, which I don't...I promise lol.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85
Lmao! Only women dealt with me yesterday, female doctor, female nurse, and two female trainee doctors watching.
Strange they got a male nurse in to watch, maybe it's because of dealing with the genital area...all the work on me was shaking my head around lol.
...the compassionate touch off a woman medical professional though, can't beat it.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
The problem is todays attitudes.

A male gently touches a woman in any capacity, she cries that he's a sex offender and the world rallies around the woman #metoo.

A female gently touches a man in any capacity, he complains that it's inappropriate and he is laughed at and ridiculed.

That is the problem.

You mean... He thinks she's coming on to him and possibly he's getting aroused.

As one or more posted had it, touch is natural and necessary when done in a non aggressive manner. Though, people shoothe in different ways and there are those that suffered trauma in their young lives to the point that they don't trust even the most innocent of touches. Sadly, they have to live life without because of some less than human.

I suppose it's all about comfort zone. Babies require touch. Humans require physical contact in some way, shape or form. I think personally without it, we'd go mad.

Can't lie to me and tell me hugs don't feel.... GREAT! Not those fakey pat pat pat I'm done now hugs.... I mean when was the last time any of you had a true, honest, long, hold on for all your worth, breathtaking hug? All troubles go away at that point.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
I mean when was the last time any of you had a true, honest, long, hold on for all your worth, breathtaking hug? All troubles go away at that point.
I had one today from a woman I love deeply...made the world feel amazing for a few seconds.
EDIT
I lifted her up off her feet and we held each other.

edit on 19-12-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Best feeling ever!

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It's all wrong because equality was always about privilege for women not real equality.
They scream for more and more protection like idk...helpless animal? Maybe wildlife refugee would be a good place for them, Zoo and if not then perhaps gym to stop this stupid argument of "weak sex"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join