It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA offers to show proof of moon landing to Warriors’ Stephen Curry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
www.espn.com...

Stephen Curry went on a podcast and stated he didn’t believe the moon landings transpired. Apparently, two other NBA stars were there and agreed with him as well. So now NASA, has offered for him to tour the lunar lab at the Johnson space center. Here’s a quote from the article:

"We'd love for Mr. Curry to tour the lunar lab at our Johnson Space Center in Houston, perhaps the next time the Warriors are in town to play the Rockets," Allard Beutel, a NASA spokesman, told The New York Times. "We have hundreds of pounds of moon rocks stored there, and the Apollo mission control. During his visit, he can see firsthand what we did 50 years ago, as well as what we're doing now to go back to the moon in the coming years, but this time to stay."

I guess all you need is to be is an NBA superstar to get an invite. My question is, all they have is rocks to show him? How could he tell the difference from an earth rock as opposed to a lunar one?

I’m pretty sure we went to the moon. However, if NASA really wants to put this conspiracy finally to rest — show us something better than freaking rocks!

And oh yeah, they are going back to the moon, and this time to stay.... why didn’t we stay in the first place? Or did we?

Never A Straight Answer

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Isn't he the same dipsh*t that said the earth was flat a few years ago?

Edit :
www-independent-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org... ltics-conspiracy-theories-a8564476.html?amp&usqp=mq331AQHCAFYAYABAQ%3D%3D&_js_v=a2&_gsa=1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&share=https%3 A%2F%2Fwww.independent.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld%2Famericas%2Fkyrie-irving-flat-earth-theory-basketball-nba-boston-celtics-conspiracy-theories-a8564476.htm l

Sorry it was a different guy.
edit on 11-12-2018 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Isn't he the same dipsh*t that said the earth was flat a few years ago?

No, that was Kyrie Irving. He said it last year and then came out with an apology for saying it this year.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is just a PR Stunt by NASA, and one we should support.

If popular all star athletes start spouting this nonsense then it stands to reason there loyal fans will believe which only erodes our national confidence in our space program.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

if NASA really wants to put this conspiracy finally to rest — show us something better than freaking rocks!

Whats better than an actual piece of the moon?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What would constitute as mind changing proof at this point?

I would agree it is not rocks - haha.

If someone has had their mind made up for this long though, what would change it?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Intelligence isn’t required to play basketball. Obviously many of the NBA players are morons.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

What exactly do you think they can show him besides rocks, and pictures/video that's already publicly available?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

if NASA really wants to put this conspiracy finally to rest — show us something better than freaking rocks!

He’s a basketball player, not a geologist. He wouldn’t know the difference, was my point. I’d like to see the rocks. However, I’d prefer to see the classified film footage that’s been suppressed from the public.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I’m pretty sure we went to the moon. However, if NASA really wants to put this conspiracy finally to rest — show us something better than freaking rocks!

What would you suggest ?

I have no idea who Stephen Curry is but he's clearly an idiot , why is NASA rewarding him for idiocy ... who cares what he thinks.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

What would you suggest ?

I have no idea who Stephen Curry is but he's clearly an idiot , why is NASA rewarding him for idiocy ... who cares what he thinks.

That was also my point. Why is he getting preferential treatment? I’d say that there are far more intelligent individuals that claim the moon landings were a hoax. Why not give the same treatment to them — to finally put this conspiracy to rest.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

What leads you to believe footage is being "suppressed from the public"?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

You said "show us"

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

He’s a basketball player, not a geologist. He wouldn’t know the difference, was my point. I’d like to see the rocks. However, I’d prefer to see the classified film footage that’s been suppressed from the public.

And what proof would there be that it was the 'real deal' and not some doctored footage made just for that situation? Honestly, there is little that NASA could show that someone determined enough to disbelieve will truly accept as "proof."

You'd have no way at all to determine if that footage was the real thing any more than you can prove what they've already shown us is the real thing. If you doubt, you'll doubt no matter what.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I'm not so sure it can be put to rest , the evidence is there to show conclusively that NASA went to the Moon yet people ignore the evidence in favour of their pet belief , I think it better to not give the conspiracy theory the attention it craves than pander to it.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

why is NASA rewarding him for idiocy ... who cares what he thinks.

The 13 million people who follow his twitter feed?

His team was named Sports Illustrated’s “Sportsperson of the Year,” he was named the Western Conference’s player of the week, and his comments denying the moon landing happened made him the enemy of science teachers everywhere.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24026169]Metallicus[

It's strikingly obvious for the first time in history that intelligence is not needed to be President anymore either.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

Love him or hate him, he is pushing to renew the moon landing program.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Sometimes it's more the motive you question in guys like Curry, sure he may be an idiot besides, but do you ever see them coming out with anything......anything at all to back up their claims, especially since Bart Sibril shot himself in the foot in his ridiculous no-Mooner film that ended up actually proving the Apollo missions did happen, and that Apollo 11 did go so far into deep space that a Moon landing was a no brainer. It's the distance that is a major key, landing on the Moon...tricky perhaps, dangerous perhaps, but still doable as long as they got that far.

edit on 11-12-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It's fascinating when ppl are so into the idea of it having happened , they become ultimate bigots about it . These people hide here , saying they all politically aware most of the time , and then they come out with their total bigotry right in your face .

bigotry /ˈbɪɡətri/Submit noun intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself.

It's only particular instances , such as this one of course . As they're paid to hang around , sniping at heretics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join