It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RSC Actor Who was ‘Dead’ for Seven Minutes Now Paints the Afterlife

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Arnie123
What if, all that we experienced in the "afterlife" or something similar is the brain going into overdrive at the onset of death?

That its the biological way of easing ones own demise? Those last few seconds within the mind could pave way to all kinds of lives and actions, spooky quantum mechanic stuff, squeezed into a few seconds....

What if our entire lives were just constant replays of the one real life that we once lived, compressed into the final milliseconds of consciousness, over and over again forever? That's why we get things like deja vu. We get the feeling we've done something before because we have, stuck in an endless loop replaying the same life over again, and once in a while we get a vague memory of it through some other quantum quirk.

And here I figured I was the only sick ba$tardo that thought this....what a hell, eh?
edit on 11/22/2018 by Cornczech because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
a reply to: Annee

Yes but why would you ?

Science is not going to find the answer and is not designed to even ask the hardest questions.

Actually science would be firmly against your beliefs that something else is going on.

Science is to explore and understand the unknown.

My belief? I speak specifically of Energy.

Everything is Energy.

Who's to say Energy can not evolve to have consciousness?

Science still doesn't fully know what causes Left-handedness.

edit on 22-11-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Yes but why would you ?

Science is not going to find the answer and is not designed to even ask the hardest questions.

Actually science would be firmly against your beliefs that something else is going on.

Everything is Energy.

Do you figure we should fund more studies, to help science fully know what causes Left-handedness?
What kind of priorities should we give to those extremely important studies?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Yes but why would you ?

Everything is Energy.

Do you figure we should fund more studies, to help science fully know what causes Left-handedness?

That's your debate?

Seriously?

Every scientific discovery increases knowledge, as well as often, brings more questions.

I'm sure there are thousands of scientific studies going on you would consider frivolous and a waste of money because they are of no importance to you.

Discovering how and why the body works in certain ways -- yeah, probably important to many scientists.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Sure there may be a molecule that mediates the experience, but it doesn't mean that the experience is invalid or that the realm or domain of the spirit wherein he was presented with a myriad of possibilities doesn't contain it's own reality.

We are so conditioned to think only in terms of the material, so the assumption is made that it was just a release of a hallucinogenic substance before everything he was winked out of existence.

I think that's being very narrow and small minded.

The materialist monist POV is what's dead. Everything is a manifestation of Spirit or a reflection of some higher domain or realm.

Life is purposeful, and that's what he seems to have come away with, the notion that it's not just material or a meaningless absurdity.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Current science hardly knows squat, particularly in regards to the body.

A short hundred years from now, they'll look back and laugh at the absurdity of our arrogant presumptions.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Yes but why would you ?

Everything is Energy.

That's your debate?

Seriously?

Every scientific discovery increases knowledge, as well as often, brings more questions.

I'm sure there are thousands of scientific studies going on you would consider frivolous and a waste of money because they are of no importance to you.

Discovering how and why the body works in certain ways -- yeah, probably important to many scientists.

Not really.

It was meant as a humouristic comment, to your statement:
..."...Science still doesn't fully know what causes Left-handedness..."...

Care to go back, and please explain?

One might mistakenly interpret that as a frivolous scientific spending, investigating an invented affliction.
Do you figure there's more to it than that?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: gortex

Sounds like a crazy trip on that chemical in your brain that causes you to dream that cannot be mentioned.

Researchers speculate it's released during dreams, birth and death.

Maybe spirit molecule is the "kosher" term

Is there a particular reason that it cannot be mentioned? Is it an ATS rule of which I'm unaware?

It's fascinating stuff, but it sounds intimidating as something recreational. Much better left to the natural production in the brain!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Wow, nuff' said really, he paints a beautiful picture of a very real possible scenario (entirely true scenario imo).

This certainly bodes well with what I have been shown to be the concept of afterlife. there is so much more that we can hope to achieve here in this physical world. That which can lead us even further in the afterlife with the right set of knowledge.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

I think my point might have gone sailing over your head.

The welder guy dismissed the person in the OP because they're an actor. I was asking what made a welder any better?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It could just be a sales scam to boost his business. Maybe he had some halucinations and is still having them because of some meds he is now taking. Could be heaven, but I just not think heaven would look that way myself. I do not think hell would look like that either.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Could be anything really. There's a regular theme of people becoming very creative after nearly losing their lives. Whatever happens seems to heighten the senses when they recover and there's a tradition of colourful art from these survivors.

They don't paint the same things or similar images of the afterlife which supports your point. Overall I think there's a bit of similarity in terms of the rainbow colours and semi-psychedelic vibes.

It's hard to know without flat-lining and having a look and that experience can wait till much later!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

A short hundred years from now, they'll look back and laugh at the absurdity of our arrogant presumptions.

Known knowledge.

We know more than we knew a hundred years ago.

We know more than we knew yesterday.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Science will embrace it only when it can prove the existence of the energy that maintains it and that the measurement is reproducible. I think it will happen, but may take a significant amount of time.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

Known knowledge.

We know more than we knew a hundred years ago.

We know more than we knew yesterday.

Not always though.

We knew far less during the Middle Ages than we knew in Ancient tunes of Roman and Greek empires for example.

Knowledge is lost from time to time.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

So in a sense we all share the same soul?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I wonder if those paramedics who fought for 7 minutes to save him using CPR was a waste of their time?. Maybe we should just demand we don't want to die, and hey presto.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

no # looks exactly like a '___' trip !

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Not completely related and "death" as such... but I did have an "experience" myself where near the end of said experience, I was shown this...

imgur.com...

I was floating on top of the stream, bare feet, no sensation of wetness. I lack of any other experience I would expect it to feel like floating in the Dead Sea +10.
Anyways, there I was, floating towards that light. I was very much aware of it not being a sun or a sunset... it was... light nothing else. It was sort of radiating with pleasentness and contentment. I was at one time drawn towards it, yet also not able to resist it. Throughout the experience there had been this kind voice guiding me or answering questions.
At this point it simply said (paraphrased... can't recall the exact wording): "No... it's not time yet."
I could sense the warm smile on the lips of the voice when the words were spoken.

Then the experience changed and started to fade out.

Anyways.... just to pull this back to relating to the thread;

I'm an atheist. I still am, but I also am left with the idea that there is indeed something much more complex (or... maybe much more simple) behind all this exterior.

I have never ever experienced anything like this before or have since then... It really was amazing.
edit on 23/11/18 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

well I too was atheist from a really young age !

but through greater and greater self exploration I have become more agnostic and now a little spiritual
there is definitely something going on, humans are attempting to explain it with religion/ philosophy
but it doesnt even come close !

It is something like that , but we lack the sufficient level of consciousness to explain it properly
like GBS haldane , said that its far greater than can be explained by any theories we have
as we are bound by our senses how can we explain the infinite with a limited consciousness!

All I know is that we are all the same thing , just somehow experiencing it singularly but everything is the same
all the same thing !
and somehow light makes it all possible!

but ive also learned that as we grow here in the real world, there is a version of us growing in another world
we cant see !

i was always thinking as above so below, and that we are the below , and that up there is something else going on
but never thought ,we are the above and something unseen grows in the dark below ,
like the carrot or the tree , we see the life in the light above , but never see the roots growing in the darkness
but its not all just about LIGHT !

yes its important, but its the balance between light and dark that makes all this possible

the scales always tipping either way but always trying to become balanced, the heart and the feather are balanced before Anubis and you will go!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join