It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RSC Actor Who was ‘Dead’ for Seven Minutes Now Paints the Afterlife

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Coming from a Kandinsky pfft. Go back to work.

I will say when I was 10 my mom was killed in a non conventional brutal way. The day after I was in my grandparents backyard and a car drove by. Someone waved from the passenger seat at me that looked 100% like my mom. This is a small town so the chances of it being a stranger in the town was slim. I don't know what to make of it, but I always thought it was her way of saying I'll always look out for you. I told everyone, and they all looked at me like I was crazy while saying there was no way it was her, but I knew it was.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
What if, all that we experienced in the "afterlife" or something similar is the brain going into overdrive at the onset of death?

That its the biological way of easing ones own demise? Those last few seconds within the mind could pave way to all kinds of lives and actions, spooky quantum mechanic stuff, squeezed into a few seconds....

Evolution is not kind. How and why would such a process form when we mostly die well past child bearing years.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
What if, all that we experienced in the "afterlife" or something similar is the brain going into overdrive at the onset of death?

That its the biological way of easing ones own demise? Those last few seconds within the mind could pave way to all kinds of lives and actions, spooky quantum mechanic stuff, squeezed into a few seconds....

What if our entire lives were just constant replays of the one real life that we once lived, compressed into the final milliseconds of consciousness, over and over again forever? That's why we get things like deja vu. We get the feeling we've done something before because we have, stuck in an endless loop replaying the same life over again, and once in a while we get a vague memory of it through some other quantum quirk.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
After what I have personally experienced, out of body, and reading this bookYou still live after death

I completely believe. And it doesn't seem to matter what religion you are, if any.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

...and you know this how?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

No, it doesn't.

Religion is only a path, not the destination. Or, perhaps, a room within a greater mansion.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The thing is, that energy consciousness can be considered “god.” It’s mostly western religions that make it human like and so on. For example, in esoteric yoga or Hinduism the highest god is the all encompassing energy. At the end of the day some of it is semantics. Is it atheism if you believe in a conscious energy yet it’s not anthropomorphic, or is that based on western or exoteric interpretations of what god means?
a reply to: Annee

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
But those seconds would seem like an eternity, like a 30 second dream that feels like hours ,

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I believe that there is something inside all of us that makes us "tick" humans and animals alike .
The only thing I can call it is a Sprite or soul , that is using our bodies as a vehicle.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Maybe, but I've connected and interacted with other people I've only known online -- in that out of body state.

It's normal for me. I've always been this way.

After reading that, I'm pretty sure it was you who pulled me out of my body and attacked me one night.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hey gortex, with this threat and TheGUT’s thread about orange orbs, reminds me of my lurking days!!

I know not everyone around the world celebrates it, but it it a time of saying it out loud...

Thanks for being you!

And to the rest of us Yankees, happy Thanksgiving!

More orbs and NDEs please! Sure beats politics!!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
That art....wow the colors in a red iron steel structure how cool

I had no time to pass with my timeline slip.....when I died at 1 am at DFW airport o the ramp at Branniff....just 5 seconds of wonder at the peace......then, in a new reality. Not hurting you know, like as if i got hit by a 747 loader in my 6 baggage car tug, which ended up way on down there up against a jetway pylon....i was uninterested........here safely in the new timeline..

I take it you are a member of the frequent die-er program too eh? Catch is the waking up in a new body you are somehow related to. some get special treatment and wind up in a direct ancestor or younger self.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Annee

Maybe, but I've connected and interacted with other people I've only known online -- in that out of body state.

It's normal for me. I've always been this way.

After reading that, I'm pretty sure it was you who pulled me out of my body and attacked me one night.

LOL

Attacked you in what way?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
But those seconds would seem like an eternity, like a 30 second dream that feels like hours ,

Or a dream where you live 25 or so years in a matter of hours and have 3 kids. Or where you are the opposite Sex and get raped in a alleyway and left for dead with your guts hanging out.

Who is to say Dreams aren't past lives we are reliving? If thats the case ive died hundreds of times.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
The thing is, that energy consciousness can be considered “god.” It’s mostly western religions that make it human like and so on. For example, in esoteric yoga or Hinduism the highest god is the all encompassing energy. At the end of the day some of it is semantics. Is it atheism if you believe in a conscious energy yet it’s not anthropomorphic, or is that based on western or exoteric interpretations of what god means?

I am aware.

However, my reference to god is the man made religious one.

I support science and a scientific reason for energy that evolved to have consciousness.

Even if that is still scientifically unknown.

Knowledge is what is known. There are still many things that we have yet to have knowledge of.

I am atheist.

But, because of experiences I've had since first memory I believe something more is going on.

edit on 21-11-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

link   
Nice Op thanks.

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: gortex

Pictures of Shiv's artwork

Do I believe in an afterlife ? , I don't disbelieve in it and think it possible that there is more to our existence than we understand.

wow! that is awesome. He's captured the feeling of transition between 3d reality and ethereal space wonderfully. Very inspired work.

I think you're spot on on describing that art piece. It comes off as dark but that transitional plane may be just that. Especially if it resides where the energy is often said(paranormal wise)misplaced, confused and angry.

link   

He prolly touched your butt and deserved it lol!!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: gortex

Sounds like a crazy trip on that chemical in your brain that causes you to dream that cannot be mentioned.

Researchers speculate it's released during dreams, birth and death.

Maybe spirit molecule is the "kosher" term

That sure must be a POWERFUL drug to keep you alive after you die and you get to keep on being conscious of it all, and then when they get your heart going again after a time, you can come back to life and the physical world again!

I get a real kick out of deniers.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with being an atheist, or not.

The thing is, saying someone is an atheist only based on a few definitions of god or spirituality, but not all, seems to me to be incomplete.

There also is an occult, esoteric belief that such consciousness or energy must have some scientific basis. Perhaps unknown as of yet. They sound like you..

That’s why I think people need to stop thinking in this dualistic binary of western religion versus materialistic science or atheism. It’s really reductionist and is very culturally constrained.

edit on 21-11-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I was raised a Christian and remained a devote Christian until I was 25 or 26. To be honest, one of the major reasons I defected from Christianity was due to my debates with another ATS member 'Amantine' on creationism. See I was raised in an denomination that believed in the strict interpretation of the Bible. The world was 7000 years old, man existed with dinosaurs, etc. Oh god was I deluded.

So when I first joined this site I was positive I was right and that the world was created by God and I had proof. So anytime an evolution debate showed up in the Science forum I jumped on it (Back then there wasn't the Origins and Creationism forum, I honestly believe it was all the debates between Amantine and myself clogging up the Science forum that promted the creation of the Origins and Creationism forum). My main debate partner was Amantine. I argued with him over and over positive I was in the right. Over time however, Amantine was able to poke many holes in my long held beliefs. It caused me to reexamine my entire belief structure and ultimately led me to leave the church and become an atheist.

Well, fast forward to about a year ago. I am a voracious reader and usually go through 2 books a week. So, we were on vacation and I didn't bring a book with me. I had planned on buying a paperback while down there but as it turned out there were some books in the condo we were staying at. So one of those books was "Journey of Souls" by Michael Newton and another was "Evidence of the Afterlife" by Jeffrey Long. I read the Journey of Souls first and it was the account of a hypnotist, Michael Newton, who stated he had developed a hypnotism technique that would take people back to before they were born. The book is an accounting of many of these sessions he had with various patients.

According to Newton, everyone he was able to successfully bring back to this point told a similar story. Supposedly, our consciousnesses comes from somewhere else, it is not natively a member of this reality. Also, our purpose for being here is for lessons to learn how to become closer to God.

The second book is mostly recounting the stories of people that have had near death experiences. To my surprise, many of the people in this book present stories that line up with stories from the first book. So I began to investigate and apparently near death experiences are quite common and people generally report the same experiences regardless of religious background.

What I discovered during my investigations is that many physicians have actually had patients that have had near death experiences. In some of those experiences the patients were able to describe the operating room and the conversations of the doctors while they were dead.

There are tons of videos on Youtube on the subject if you want to research it more. I don't know if I believe all of this but it really makes you think.

Health Buzz: Near-Death Experiences Are Real, Doctor Says
edit on 21-11-2018 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join