It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RSC Actor Who was ‘Dead’ for Seven Minutes Now Paints the Afterlife

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
Nothing wrong with being an atheist, or not.

The thing is, saying someone is an atheist only based on a few definitions of god or spirituality, but not all, seems to me to be incomplete.

There also is an occult, esoteric belief that such consciousness or energy must have some scientific basis. Perhaps unknown as of yet. They sound like you..

That’s why I think people need to stop thinking in this dualistic binary of western religion versus materialistic science or atheism. It’s really reductionist and is very culturally constrained.

a reply to: Annee

Atheist means Lack of Belief in a God/Deity

It has no other meaning.

Labeling other beliefs as God has no meaning to me.

I support science and a scientific reason for those things that are not yet known.
edit on 21-11-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

The thing is, saying someone is an atheist only based on a few definitions of god or spirituality, but not all, seems to me to be incomplete.

There also is an occult, esoteric belief that such consciousness or energy must have some scientific basis. Perhaps unknown as of yet. They sound like you..

That’s why I think people need to stop thinking in this dualistic binary of western religion versus materialistic science or atheism. It’s really reductionist and is very culturally constrained.

It has no other meaning.

The problem is your definition of god/deity. If your operational definition of ‘god’ only includes a few culturally constrained ones, but idea of energy matches with other definitions of deity, higher power, etc, then?

To paraphrase: “I’m an atheist because I disbelieve in only a few versions of deity or higher power.”

That’s different than those who disbelieve in not only those but also disbelieve in some kind of evolving or conscious energy .
edit on 21-11-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

So, the afterlife is Box art and sloppy paint blotches? Makes no sense. Someone trying to use their own tragedy to make a million dollars and doesn't want to be forgotten after he dies again. Maybe so he can leave a little something behind for his family.
edit on 21-11-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

It has no other meaning.

The problem is your definition of god/deity. If your operational definition of ‘god’ only includes a few culturally constrained ones, but idea of energy matches with other definitions of deity, higher power, etc, then?

To paraphrase: “I’m an atheist because I disbelieve in only a few versions of deity or higher power.”

That’s different than those who disbelieve in not only those but also disbelieve in some kind of evolving or conscious energy .

NO. I am not responsible for other people labeling their belief as god.

I support science and a scientific reason for those things that are not yet known.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: gortex

Sounds like a crazy trip on that chemical in your brain that causes you to dream that cannot be mentioned.

Researchers speculate it's released during dreams, birth and death.

Maybe spirit molecule is the "kosher" term

I heard ways exist too boost your brain to those levels of spirit molecules without anything but a serious desire for it to be so.

Lasts for weeks on end and has no off switch..apparently.

Alternatively one can experience it with some sort of shaman.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Yes but why would you ?

Science is not going to find the answer and is not designed to even ask the hardest questions.

Actually science would be firmly against your beliefs that something else is going on.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
That art....wow the colors in a red iron steel structure how cool

Looks like an old magnetic computer memory core.

Matrix confirmed

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I felt there was a whole set of possibilities. Various lives and reincarnations that were being offered to me. But I didn’t want them. I made it very clear that I wanted to return to my body, to my time, to my wife and to go on living. I needed to be proactive. I said I was coming back. I said it as a demand not a request.”

This disturbs me about reincarnation situations.

Who exactly is offering these possibilities? And what are the motives behind recycling our souls/spirit so quickly without due diligence, and total understanding.

If options were being presented so fast, it sounds to me like a "Snake Oil Salesman's Pitch". I understand he was dying, but the fact there was an apparent rush job to pick, or him having to demand is concerning.

Personally I want plenty of space, no deception, no rush, and the ability to do exactly as a wish, without the rush.
edit on 22-11-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I had a similar thought. The same way a dream can seem to be long but only take place over a couple hours.

Maybe that last second or two of being alive gets stretched perceptually to make it seem an eternity.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal
The idea of using regression hypnosis in this way has always been of interest to me, but it has real problems. Commonalities do not infer the experience of the subject was a real experience, it simply means that that people react similarly in this type of regressive state.

This is also the problem with NDE's. There are indeed similarities, regardless of religious belief, but as a whole, the experiences are open to interpretation. With permission, I have spoken at length with a handful of people who have died and come back. One of the common issues is the persons ability to separate what actually happened from their impression of what actually happened. Their minds have a tendency to filter according to their bias the series of events they experience.

I would not go so far as to say NDE's have no value, because I think they do, but I would say they should be interpreted comparatively, rather than literally.

edit on 11/22/2018 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

It has no other meaning.

NO. I am not responsible for other people labeling their belief as god.

Again, definitions matter. A lot of people base identities on reductionist or incomplete metrics.

If your whole concept of theist versus agnostic versus atheist is only based on a judeo christian conception of spirituality or god, then it means you are still stuck philosophically in the judeo Christian worldview of spirituality.

If it’s true that certain other cultures or philosophies posit deity to be the energy you describe, then you can’t really say you reject all deities or conceptions of them.

Too often I’ll meet people or friends who say “I’m an atheist because I don’t believe in some dude in the sky like the Bible, but maybe there is something out there or energy.” That’s agnosticism bordering on esoteric belief.

An atheist would be someone like Richard Dawkins, as he also rejects these concepts of a conscious energy force or what have you.

Also, I’m a scientific person too.
edit on 22-11-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I beilve in '___' and he sure got a good dosage of it.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

D M T

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: gortex

I felt there was a whole set of possibilities. Various lives and reincarnations that were being offered to me. But I didn’t want them. I made it very clear that I wanted to return to my body, to my time, to my wife and to go on living. I needed to be proactive. I said I was coming back. I said it as a demand not a request.”

This disturbs me about reincarnation situations.

Who exactly is offering these possibilities? And what are the motives behind recycling our souls/spirit so quickly without due diligence, and total understanding.

If options were being presented so fast, it sounds to me like a "Snake Oil Salesman's Pitch". I understand he was dying, but the fact there was an apparent rush job to pick, or him having to demand is concerning.

Personally I want plenty of space, no deception, no rush, and the ability to do exactly as a wish, without the rush.

Don't get any of that "rush-job" you're describing from the OP?

Also: how does the universe usually respond to your wants?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I am not a lot of people.

God is a man made word that has no meaning to me.

Secular spirituality is the adherence to a spiritual philosophy without adherence to a religion. Secular spirituality emphasizes the personal development of the individual, rather than a relationship with the divine. Secular spirituality is made up of the search for meaning outside of a religious institution; it considers one's relationship with the self, others, nature, and whatever else one considers to be the ultimate. Often, the goal of secular spirituality is living happily and/or helping others. en.m.wikipedia.org...

Or you can read Sam Harris' book: Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion
edit on 22-11-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

a reply to: Nothin

Not sure if you are asking questions, or giving input.

Just as there is deception in life, there is deception in other realms as well. Since full awareness is elusive currently, spiritual discernment is a must, and a universal right for all.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

a reply to: Nothin

Not sure if you are asking questions, or giving input.

Just as there is deception in life, there is deception in other realms as well. Since full awareness is elusive currently, spiritual discernment is a must, and a universal right for all.

Both, in the least.

Would it not seem then, that the "rush-job", ("deception in other realms"), you wrote about: is from a belief of your own, and not mentioned in the OP?

How do you figure that there are any types of "universal right", in that NDE place, somewhere between life and death?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Thanks for the interesting post.
I added Journey of souls to my kindle.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
indeed...NDEs are life changing events on many levels....

some sell books about their experience

...others like myself are just grateful & actually do wonder what's -in - store - in -my - timeline... I have suspected that I might be a future 'sage' for the remaining 'Family'/Relatives spread over SC-PA-WV... who knows

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

We have political disagreement. No big deal. I’m happy to find an area where we agree.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join