It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

decisions. . . . . decisions. . . . . .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ascend to the BOSS LEVEL!!!

Otherwise, why’d you play the game, man?

I never realized I was just a corporate tool to subvert the working class.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Hot sweaty ones!

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Nyiah

That's where I am.

When they spoke of the salary I actually told the HR lady to "Shut up!"

And then laughed. And maybe wee'd a little in my pants.

It's really obvious they want him for the job, because they've been asking for a year+ now. I'm fairly sure they're wanting him to take over for someone retiring down the road, otherwise asking him for this long doesn't make much sense (unless they'd be firing someone, or making room for another position?)

The perks are huge, but so are the stresses, and I completely understand that.

But it would be nice to have our income double to start out. He's admitted that much, and window shopped to mull it over further. Not that we NEED a cabin cruiser, but it would be a nice weekend toy

link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

a reply to: KansasGirl

I want to do it, just for the power and authority and a bigger office and a new toupee.

But I also like the slower, simpler life.

I had my excitement and drama with my old company (US Army) a few years ago. I like things slow and mellow.

But I also like a challenge.

Ultimately, I will probably do what my wife wants since she is WAY smarter than me.

It sounds like you should do it, depending on how many years you have left. How many?

If the pills keep working I have a decade left.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

As you know, they’d be paying well for good reason
(Not because of your skills or experience but because it will suck donkey ba...you know what, TAKE IT)...and learn to love balls!!

hahahahahahahahahaha

Killer answer!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Stan Lee died, he has now got nothing, hope the memories he left behind are good for those he loved and left behind

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Stan Lee died, he has now got nothing, hope the memories he left behind are good for those he loved and left behind

You do have a sobering point.

You can have everything you want, but it doesn't matter much when you kick the bucket, because you can't take it with you.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I talked at great length with my boss today.

He stated in engineering terms. . .

When the money does not compensate for the stress level, then it's not worth it.

We even made graphs.

We're geeks.

But he said if it was up to him, he'd want me to do it because I'd have his back. He's a vet and we go back a ways.

Also, the evil company-takeover would promote him even higher than me and I think he's freaking out a bit and wants me there to take care of things when he freaks out.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

He died doing want he wanted at the age of 95.

I hope to get to 75 without pooping in a diaper, personally.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

When the money does not compensate for the stress level, then it's not worth it.

We even made graphs.

We're geeks.

But he said if it was up to him, he'd want me to do it because I'd have his back. He's a vet and we go back a ways.

Also, the evil company-takeover would promote him even higher than me and I think he's freaking out a bit and wants me there to take care of things when he freaks out.

Ahhh, hopes of partners in crime, I see

Edit: this could end very badly for your Gunther and his Gunther.
edit on 11/12/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

We even made graphs.

We're geeks.

Ahhh, hopes of partners in crime, I see

Edit: this could end very badly for your Gunther and his Gunther.

Sadly, I am his Gunther.

He's always dealt with the politics and I always was the one who got their hands dirty.

It works well for both of us.

He's always had my back and I always had his.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Just make sure that it's always Taco Tuesday (even if it's Friday) for all your new Gunthers.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Just make sure that it's always Taco Tuesday (even if it's Friday) for all your new Gunthers.

I did get a promise for a shiny new stick to poke them with if they slow down!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
HR: "You've not listed any career goals on your annual review. You know this is mandatory, right?"

Me: "Why would I want to put down any goals beyond what I do now? I love what I do! Why would I write down something I can be down-graded next year for???"

HR: "Well, because it's required!"

Me: "And what if I don't...are YOU going to fire me??? I don't even work for you!"

HR: "Who DO you work for?"

Me: "I have no F#'ing idea, I have about (7) bosses...who do YOU work for????"

HR: "Uhhhh...We're not here to talk about me, we're here to talk about you, and your career development"

Me: "What career development??? I've worked for this company for 27 years...how long have YOU worked for this company?? My career development is OVER...why should I fill out this form again? Oh yeah...for YOUR career development! Yeah, i get it. Are you serious???"

HR: "You're being difficult, and I can't "help" you unless you cooperate"

Me: "Help me???? How exactly are YOU going to 'help' me??? I'm 54 years old, how old are you? I've earned more money for this organization than you can even imagine! My "utilization" numbers have been up over 97% for the past 20 years! What are your utilization numbers...oh yeah, you're pure overhead, so they're 0%. Remind me again why I should fill out this form?"

HR: "Because it's a required form"

Me: " Tell one of my (7) bosses to stuff that form where the sun doesn't shine, and come out to the job site where I'm 100% billable and he's maybe 20% billable (80% Overhead), and fire me! I'd love a really long vacation!!"

HR: "Uhhhhhhh...."

Me: "....Have a nice day! We're all done here!
edit on 11/12/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Would this new job give you more opportunity for creativity and implementing your own ideas?
If so...that can be even more personally rewarding than the higher salary.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah, seems I've reached some sort of plateau where . . . .

MY BOSS: Corporate needs this done.

ME: Are you ####ing serious? What do I look like? A miracle worker?

MY BOSS: This is what they want done.

ME: *sigh* When?

MY BOSS: Next week.

ME: I'll do it but I'm going to piss in your gas tank and ruin your day.

MY BOSS: Fine by me, I'll just drive my wife's car to work. Punk.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
If you want to get rid of someone, advance them then you can fire them for screwing up their new job..........

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Would this new job give you more opportunity for creativity and implementing your own ideas?
If so...that can be even more personally rewarding than the higher salary.

Yes.

I would be able to "interpret" corporate demands to the benefit of the Gunther's and our customers.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If you want to get rid of someone, advance them then you can fire them for screwing up their new job..........

Good lord, I just wish they'd hurry up! There's talk of a sweet severance package.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
replied to wrong post, sorry.
edit on 11/12/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join