It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

decisions. . . . . decisions. . . . . .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I am faced with a dilemma.

I have been offered a much higher position in an organized corporate take-over of the company I work for.

This position would be more serious, with many more Gunther's, and I'd probably have to frown more. It would also make me a permanent citizen in Portland and take me away from my peaceful coastal town.

The alternative is to stay in my coastal town, have my few Gunther's and do what I've always done, but under new leadership (which I would be doing myself if I wanted to).

I have to make a decision by Thursday. @ nine-ish. AM.

So do I become the Über boss, a monster-corporate nightmare of epic proportions with a large expense account and the ability to destroy lives at a whim where I'd also have the largest penis in the room because I am the god-boss of all that I survey. . . . .

Or finish out my elderly years as a humble director with my tiny team of Gunther's doing what I have been doing while counting the days to my ultimate retirement where I would spend all my days at various parking lots dancing for nickels because I'm bored sh#tless?

Ultimately I will have to make my own decision, but I'm curious what everyone else thinks. At the very least, it'll be an amusing thread to trash me.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Can't you just cut to the chase and get to dancing for nickels???

Sounds like you don't want to take the position and that you're also close to retirement. Why add the stress of having to frown more often?!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The word on the worldly street now with the youngins....

Is to simplify....my buddy's daughter insists for him too!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Option three- Vote bernie, quit your job, and get all of your stuff for frees!!!!

My personal take is I would never take a job that i disliked unless it gave me so much money and free time that it made it worth while. Or it was a job were i felt good that I helped the community.

Id probably stay where I was at. But I am a rural bumpkin, so what do i know?

edit on 12-11-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Can't you just cut to the chase and get to dancing for nickels???

Sounds like you don't want to take the position and that you're also close to retirement. Why add the stress of having to frown more often?!

Actually taking the position would quicken my retirement because the pay would be rather insane.

But the stress and responsibility have to be taken into account.

And I dance for nickels on the weekends now. It's how I pay for my bourbon.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
The word on the worldly street now with the youngins....

Is to simplify....my buddy's daughter insists for him too!

I have a child that will be starting college soon and will want to make sure he isn't loaded with debt.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Dude .... Portlandia. They better be offering you a heckuva lot to put up with that.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Option three- Vote bernie, quit your job, and get all of your stuff for frees!!!!

My personal take is I would never take a job that i disliked unless it gave me so much money and free time that it made it worth while. Or it was a job were i felt good that I helped the community.

My wife, my bride, my reason for living, is also leaning that way as well.

But then she says, we could have fun in Portland!

I just wish she was bossy and just told me what to do instead of being a wise and beautiful wife.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Dude .... Portlandia. They better be offering you a heckuva lot to put up with that.

Yeah.

Kinda like, "Are you sh#tting me?" kind of money.

Yeah.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I always tell my own husband there are very few jobs and very places I would absolutely say no to ... if the price were right, but some of those price tags are very, very high.

EDIT

Seeing your reply above, it would come down to how much you think you can tolerate. It doesn't sound like you think you'd exactly be happy per se. it sounds like you are pretty happy as you are. However, if the window of time were right, it just might be tolerable and let you work toward some other goals that are also pretty important.

And if that's the case, only you know you and what that situation would be.

A few years of discomfort might allow you to ultimately achieve quite a bit more.
edit on 12-11-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Grambler

I just wish she was bossy and just told me what to do instead of being a wise and beautiful wife.

I have the same problem.

I will ask my wife if she where she wants to go out to eat.

She is always being polite and says whatever I decide is fine!

That sucks!

Making decisions is hard. Curse our considerate wives!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Tough one. Really tough. I'm happy for you and your tough decision though. Sounds like you're a weiner either way.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Tough one. Really tough. I'm happy for you and your tough decision though. Sounds like you're a weiner either way.

I actually have that on my business cards.

Okay, they aren't business cards so much as just selfies I took in the bathroom.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Wait...didn't you just get promoted several notches a few months ago? Am I remembering correctly?

And congrats, btw.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

destroy lives at a whim...

largest penis

Call me crazy, but I think you've already made your decision. You just want validation from us small-penisy peons whose lives are a shambles.

edit on 12-11-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Wait...didn't you just get promoted several notches a few months ago? Am I remembering correctly?

And congrats, btw.

I did, and have been doing double duty for a position I never wanted or asked for.

Now they want to double-down and give me even more power and authority.

Which is madness because all I would do is curse James Bond and try to find elaborate ways to kill him which always fail.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

largest penis

Call me crazy, but I think you've already made your decision. You just want validation from us small-penisy peons whose lives are a shambles.

*nods*

I do want my penis validated.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

C'mon, isn't she like me?

That's my favorite ploy. I do it all the time, and then when he makes a choice ... it ends up being the very last thing I actually want.

Honestly though, the hell of it is that I actually didn't have any strong feelings one way or the other until he says something and it's like ... "Geez, Hon, why'd ya have to pick that?!"

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

largest penis

*nods*

I do want my penis validated.

Me too #

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
You mean there is no factory penis inspector like there are factory underwear inspectors?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join