It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Active Shooter Thousand Oaks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Officer just stated that it's still an active situation and aprox 6 victims (+ 1 officer). No stated casualties.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Police spox said they cannot confirm that they have the shooter in custody. He's estimating about half a dozen people shot.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OzManHero
a reply to: theantediluvian

not much being said yet

Several people, including one officer, have reportedly been injured in a bar shooting in Thousand Oaks, California. A massive police presence is reported at the scene.
Unconfirmed reports say the shooter is still at large and that police are still working to secure the scene at the Borderline Bar & Grill.

How could THIS happen?
I thought California had strict gun laws.
You know, cuz it makes people "safe".
Isn't that why we have governments? So they can keep us "safe"?

No way this is real. Has to be fake news.
edit on 8-11-2018 by MteWamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Who knows how much of this will turn out to be accurate but they're saying the description of the shooter is man dressed in black, with a long beard and wearing a beanie. The one apparent witness said he walked up to the bar, shot the security guy out front and then entered and tossed some sort of smoke bomb.

ETA:

They just showed a wounded kid on a gurney, clutching his abdomen. Looks like the place was indeed filled with college kids.

Damn.

Wait, did you just say "beanie"?

link   
Meanwhile, at 11:46 p.m., multiple people were reported as covered in blood at the Tipsy Goat, another bar in Thousand Oaks. The Tipsy Goat is at 159 Thousand Oaks Blvd., quite a distance from the Borderline. It was unclear how or whether the incidents were related.

Any reports on this situation ???a different location??

link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Guns aren't evil, people are evil. But let's wait til we know what's going on before politicizing this.

ETA: No offense. I'm only awake because I set an alarm to wish my friend a happy birthday and woke up to this....
edit on 8-11-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Well, clearly they need to hire better guards is the theme I see arrising. Wtf kind of cheap ass rent a cops are not watching the hands of people approaching them and the venue? That what I really want to know. It's so nice of the media to have brainwashed us just the right amount for the last five generations that we no longer treat something as simple as going for a walk outside with the proper instinctual vigilance it deserves. Because people forgot how dangerous the world really is and how unstable people are.

If you went for a walk in the woods in the year fiteen hundred with your ears covered and not watching every corner instinctually, well let's just say that would be tempting fate.

So why do we walk around in our lives as if all the strangers in the world we see everyday may not pose us any harm!? It never required much more brainpower than breathing. So why have so many generations lost theze natural instincts??

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Guns aren't evil, people are evil. But let's wait til we know what's going on before politicizing this.

ETA: No offense. I'm only awake because I set an alarm to wish my friend a happy birthday and woke up to this....

I know, I know, sarcasm too soon...Excuse me. I wasn't purposefully making light of it. It's like tourettes, except a lot more sarcastic...

Sorry. I'm a bad, bad man...

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   
A witness just said the suspect looked middle eastern. That's what I thought when I heard the initial reports of long beard and beanie.

edit on 8-11-2018 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I saw that first mini update that the officer from the Sheriff's Departmemt did. It was strange how he didn't even know (or he's just saying he didn't know) the whereabouts of the shooter.

Strange partly because at that point, they had been showing, for the 15 minutes prior, police and other rescue personell nonchalantly walking in and out of the place. So it seems they must know the shooter is contained, they just can't share it yet.

edit on 8-11-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Well, clearly they need to hire better guards is the theme I see arrising. Wtf kind of cheap ass rent a cops are not watching the hands of people approaching them and the venue? That what I really want to know. It's so nice of the media to have brainwashed us just the right amount for the last five generations that we no longer treat something as simple as going for a walk outside with the proper instinctual vigilance it deserves. Because people forgot how dangerous the world really is and how unstable people are.

If you went for a walk in the woods in the year fiteen hundred with your ears covered and not watching every corner instinctually, well let's just say that would be tempting fate.

So why do we walk around in our lives as if all the strangers in the world we see everyday may not pose us any harm!? It never required much more brainpower than breathing. So why have so many generations lost theze natural instincts??

Good points. I had this same realization a number of years ago and realized how much awareness I lack in public vs when I am out in the woods, alone, especially at night. I probably have a higher chance of being attacked in public/town than I do in the woods at night.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut
Or perhaps, chicano??? Beanie and long beard?? Sounds like ol skool chicano bangers description to me.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Wow, I can relate. I just got back from seeing "Bohemian Rhapsody", which was AWESOME, and I cried, and wanted to do a thread and gush about it, but NOOOooooo! I come home to this, and the Tucker Carlson thing.

You know, THIS is why we can't have nice things....

My fiance and I were going to see it yesterday, but I was told it was trash. We're both huge Queen fans though. Maybe I will see it now.

I'm truly sorry if I came off as abrasive.

As more reports come out the damage seems to be less than originally reported, thank God. It worries me that this guy is still on the loose. What drives someone to do something like this? Why here? Why now? Who is this person?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Now it is up to 11 from 6 injured
edit on 8-11-2018 by OzManHero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Or some kind of miltant African American. everything is speculation at this point but a witness did say the suspect looked middle Eastern and had glasses on, earlier reports were of a man dressed in all black with a beanie and long beard.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Another proof of sensationalism in media,meanwhile this goes on in depressed areas everyday,but never makes the news,unless snowflakes are involved

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

one of the interviews from a person that was carrying one of the kids that got shot said it was either white or Hispanic short and stalking in a trench coat

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
ROFL, how does one look middle eastern I often wonder. I know Latino folks And Mediterranean and Mesopotamian looking mofos get mixed up all the time. Hell, I was often called flavor of the week chinese, Japanese, tai etc... Until high school, and my parents are South American!

Anyways, let's not forget to check local authorities for any planned or recent active shooter training simulations in the jurisdiction in question.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Hey don't shoot the messenger I'm just reporting what an eyewitness said. Who knows but the modus operandi sounds more like a terrorist attack IMO.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join