It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Active Shooter Thousand Oaks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The shooter knew the layout of the bar. Most people Don't know where the office is in a bar . Sounds more like a disgruntle employee or ex employee ... Especially because he went after all the other employees working there .... Sad .

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   
So is he down or not? They can't seem to decide.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
So is he down or not? They can't seem to decide.

They seem to be saying that they believe the shooter is dead on the scene. That information is not confirmed.
edit on 8-11-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

So apparently the Thousand Oaks mayor is confirming that the shooter is dead.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Saw some coverage of this on a YouTube channel called Newsunit, who appear to have access to a scanner.

All I can say, is that I hope those who survived, and the families of whatever victims may have perished, are given the help they need to recover, and that the perpetrator or perpetrators of this incident are apprehended or dropped before they get a chance to do anything else.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: conspiracy nut
Or perhaps, chicano??? Beanie and long beard?? Sounds like ol skool chicano bangers description to me.

I've heard three different descriptions so far, all from kids who were inside when it happened.

One guy described a "possibly middle eastern looking guy with black hair and a beard" wearing a beanie and shooting with a handgun, not semi-automatic. He was one of the first people to get out, and he was also at the front and saw the cashier and bouncer/bartender get shot.

Another guy said the shooter was "short and chubby" with a black trench coat and a beanie and a long black beard and black hair (how do they know the hair color if he's got a tight hat on?).

A girl just described the shooter as a tall white guy with a black baseball cap and a ski mask covering only the bottom half of his face, and the gun was semi-automatic and not a handgun.

I think it's safe to say we don't know yet what the shooter looked like, accurately. Can't expect these people to recall accurate details when they've and while they've just gone through a trauma.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

If it was a handgun, does it not stand to reason that it is likely to have been semi automatic, since most handguns are in this day and age? Or is this yet another example of nomenclature being deliberately designed to occlude the truth? And furthermore, if it was not a handgun, was it a rifle? You would have thought that even a person with literally no information about guns, other than what they will have seen in countless movies and television shows, would know the difference between a handgun, like a Glock or a 1911, and a rifle, like an AR-15 or AK. I can understand someone not necessarily being able to tell the difference between an AK and an ARAK, or an AR and an ARAK, or a being unable to tell whether a handgun is being merely shot very fast by the operator, or being a fully auto modification of a regular pistol or handgun, but I cannot understand someone not being able to tell the difference between a rifle and a handgun.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
its thousand oaks people. This has nothing to do with the elections.

This is some stupid kid who thinks hes a gangster. If youve been to thousand oaks and know the people you know this is just some dumb kid.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

originally posted by: OzManHero
a reply to: theantediluvian

not much being said yet

Several people, including one officer, have reportedly been injured in a bar shooting in Thousand Oaks, California. A massive police presence is reported at the scene.
Unconfirmed reports say the shooter is still at large and that police are still working to secure the scene at the Borderline Bar & Grill.

How could THIS happen?
I thought California had strict gun laws.
You know, cuz it makes people "safe".
Isn't that why we have governments? So they can keep us "safe"?

No way this is real. Has to be fake news.

There's always one douche who has to go there.

Sad and pathetic.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

If it was a handgun, does it not stand to reason that it is likely to have been semi automatic, since most handguns are in this day and age? Or is this yet another example of nomenclature being deliberately designed to occlude the truth? And furthermore, if it was not a handgun, was it a rifle? You would have thought that even a person with literally no information about guns, other than what they will have seen in countless movies and television shows, would know the difference between a handgun, like a Glock or a 1911, and a rifle, like an AR-15 or AK. I can understand someone not necessarily being able to tell the difference between an AK and an ARAK, or an AR and an ARAK, or a being unable to tell whether a handgun is being merely shot very fast by the operator, or being a fully auto modification of a regular pistol or handgun, but I cannot understand someone not being able to tell the difference between a rifle and a handgun.

Exactly what I thought. Prayers to those affected.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
This is the Borderline Bar & Grill

This is a full time country themed venue.

edit on 8-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

This interview with this man about the Thousand Oaks shooting is incredibly, incredibly sad: "I should have stayed. ... I'm 55. They're young. I should've stayed until he changed his clip. ... I'm so sorry. ... It still feels like I didn't do what I should've done."
Source
Everyone needs to read what he said or listen to on video.

Nothing groundbreaking that I read, can you explain a little about why everyone needs to see that?

My heart goes out to all those affected but another round of senseless violence.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

No. The point of my post was that three different people who were there all described three different detail sets, some completely contradicting one another. One guy saw a small handgun, another saw a long rifle. Either the shooter had both of those guns, which is very possible, or in the trauma of the moment, the witnesses didn't see clearly the exact details or they did but in their shaken state, described it inaccurately.

No one was trying to deliberateky obfuscate anything. These were people who had just experienced a life-threatening trauma, and had been inches from death. I think it's fair to say they were a bit shaken. Furthermore, plenty, plenty of people don't know or recognize the differences of a handgun and a rifle.
edit on 8-11-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Well, clearly they need to hire better guards is the theme I see arrising. Wtf kind of cheap ass rent a cops are not watching the hands of people approaching them and the venue? That what I really want to know.

I have to agree with you there. 18 years on the doors in Scotland, where we don't have to worry about guns being pulled (had to deal with a few knives in my time) and one of the first things I look at, before faces, on anyone approaching my door, potential customer or not, is their hands and what they're carrying.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I wasn't suggesting that you, or the victims were trying to obfuscate matters. What I was suggesting that nomenclature is sometimes EXTREMELY obfuscatory in and of itself, which may go some way as to confuse the issues.

I can understand someone being shaken, but I would have to disagree that "plenty of people" do not know the difference between one thing and another. Practically everyone over fifty, and under thirty five will have some idea, because of the sheer number of veterans amongst the older demographic, and the number of gamers, movie nerds and so on in the younger. I cannot believe that there are folk out there who could not at least tell the difference between a handgun and a rifle, unless they cannot also tell the difference between an apple and a cucumber. Plenty of people in the remote rainforests of the Amazon might not know the difference, plenty of people on the Sentinel Islands, yeah, sure, they don't know the difference between shorts and trousers yet. That's fair enough. But plenty of people in America? Like, maybe a statistically invisible percentage of people in America are TOTALLY clueless about the difference between a handgun/pistol, and a rifle, but I am willing to bet that none of those folks were in the building at the time.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

That's what I thought when I heard the initial reports of long beard and beanie.

A friend of mine, let's call him Brucetopher to protect his identity, would be mistaken for a Middle Eastern man by that logic, he wears beanies a lot and has a long beard, he identifies more as a Scottish Redneck though, he has cowboy hats too and has a rebel flag on his wall.

In fact, come to think of it if a long beard and beanie makes you Middle Eastern I have quite a few Middle Eastern friends.

I do actually have a few Middle Eastern friends who do wear beanies [in the winter] and none of them have long beards.

I wonder if you'd have a hard time identifying my Middle Eastern friends from my Heavy Metal and Hipster friends in a lineup?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
11 confirmed dead and multiple injuries.

Suspect not identified yet.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I thought it was eleven confirmed SHOT, literally just heard that on a report, up from six confirmed shot, but shod does not mean dead. Can you link me to the confirmation?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Listening to a live press conference with the sheriff now.

13 total dead: 11 patrons, 1 sheriff deputy, and the shooter.

10-15 injured.

Shooter was already dead when officers went in.

"Horrific scene in there. There's blood everywhere..."

edit on 8-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join