It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What An Awful Country To Live In.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Just seen this.

Automated phone calls in Florida and Georgia have dragged an already toxic political campaign to new lows.

They targeted two candidates who could become the first African-American governors of those states. One message falsely claiming to be from US celebrity Oprah Winfrey called Stacey Abrams in Georgia "a poor man's Aunt Jemima" - referencing a controversial image of a black woman depicted as a slavery-era "mammy" figure - and other racial slurs.

The robo-call also described Ms Abrams as "someone white women can be tricked into voting for - especially the fat ones". It was paid for by The Road to Power, a white supremacist group

And this.

Robo-calls in Florida targeting Andrew Gillum featured a background of jungle and chimpanzee noises.

And this.

On Monday, Facebook, NBC and even the president's favourite network, Fox News, announced they would stop broadcasting a 30-second ad paid for by his campaign. The clip falsely claimed Democrats let into the US an undocumented Mexican immigrant who murdered two California sheriff's deputies in 2014

www.bbc.co.uk...

Has The U.S. gone full retard ? This type of language and action should not be anywhere near politics in a civilised society.

Americans need to wake up, and fast.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Call the police on them. Oh wait, this isn't the UK.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Florida and Georgia are not really a good barometer of the rest of the country the crazy in Florida is well documented, and from my experience in Georgia is the crazy seems to run around and seek out cameras, and the regular folks just go about there day.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

Call the police on them. Oh wait, this isn't the UK.

Thank God it's not The U.K.

The type of language illustrated belongs more in Zimbabwe.

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Yeah it makes you wonder why 14 000 migrants are walking 2000 miles to get here.
edit on 5-11-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think we can all agree robocalls are about the worst thing in history.

As for the content, definitely sounds subpar. I'd like to see where the rabbit hole goes. Those type of ads are only going to help the Democrat candidates, which both sides know. I'd like to know where they are actually originating from.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Robocalling isn't hard to setup.

It doesn't take much money. This is just the top page of a Google search "create robocalls". There's a reason why they're so pernicious and people hate them so much.

It's not like this likely has anything to do with anyone's official campaign because all a group has to do is set this up on their own.

link   

When i hear it i will believe it..

link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

It seems to me TPTB and MSM are trying to force America to be turned into just like UK is now politically. Where your opinions will be used to arrest you.

link   
Sure. Let's all move to Somalia.

link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Florida and Georgia are not really a good barometer of the rest of the country the crazy in Florida is well documented, and from my experience in Georgia is the crazy seems to run around and seek out cameras, and the regular folks just go about there day.

I agree...at least in regards to Florida. There's a whole catalogue of crazy from down there. Can we trade Florida for Puerto Rico? Make Florida the territory and take PR as the state? LOL

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Thank God it's not The U.K.

The type of language illustrated belongs more in Zimbabwe.

So does state censorship of jokes.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

It seems to me TPTB and MSM are trying to force America to be turned into just like UK is now politically.

You mean a more civilised society?

Yes you must have meant that.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

It seems to me TPTB and MSM are trying to force America to be turned into just like UK is now politically. Where your opinions will be used to arrest you.

Probably won't happen. Unlike the UK, the American people won't concede their human rights so easily.
edit on 5-11-2018 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I suppose that there are no racist idiots in England ? Of course, I know this to not be true. Plenty of the same across the pond in your neck of the woods. Of course I wouldn't make a statement like your title based on one group of racist idiots. Of course, I wouldnt even comment on your national elections. Of course the hypocrisy runs deep in some and they feel the need to demonize a country of 350 million based on the stupidity and ignorance of a few. Never mind that the Monarchy in some countries is by accounts of the press is extremely racist since they have been, well a family.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Probably won't happen. Unlike the UK, the American people won't concede their human rights so easily.

Just carry on with your so called " Human Rights " and continue to turn your country into a Cesspit.

If your happy with it, then so be it.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Just carry on with your so called " Human Rights " and continue to turn your country into a Cesspit.

If your happy with it, then so be it.

This has to be some sort of satire.
edit on 5-11-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Patriot Act?

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Yes , we in Georgia have very few
But , they exist
We lock em up when we can

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Patriot Act?

Yes it's a thing please tell me which human right we gave up in that ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join