It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What An Awful Country To Live In.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It's fascinating the lengths "conservatives" are supposedly going to to torpedo their own election whatever.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
VVelcome to zi Zoonited Ztatez of Uhhmerica !!

😎⚔😎

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Propagandalf

None of the cases are actually about anyone's opinions but rather about how they broadcasted those opinions.

So you can have opinions so long as you don't broadcast them. Very greasy, decidedly British way of defending censorship.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
a reply to: alldaylong

When i hear it i will believe it..

Give me your digits and I'll add you to the list

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
There's four or five of ya that perpetually rag on the US. It's cool, means nothing really. Consider having to live in London... or the no-go's or the loss of governable areas. Oh we've got a couple too, and decorated sidewalks in Frisco. But we take your opinions with a grain of salt... Have a Pint..
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: DJMSN

Election campaigns In The U.K. don't turn into racists bigoted arguments.

Come over here and try it some time. You maybe surprised.

I have enjoyed the country side across the pond and found it delightful. I would never judge the entire country on the few people I met. My brother married a lovely English woman whom still has immediate family living in London proper. Of course, I might, if predisposed to bigotry like some, make rash judgements based on what I see. Here is a picture of the House of Commons.

Don't let all that diversity hurt your eyes, as it's awfully bland and lacking diversity. Of course, if I was prone to bigotry and hypocrisy like others, I might draw a conclusion based on a picture like this to say, boy what an awful country to live in as they don't allow people of color to even participate. But since i don't over generalize and make absurd statements, i wont.

That photograph is not The House Of Commons. It's in fact Westminster Hall ( Built 1097 )

www.parliament.uk...

This is The House Of Commons.

Many black and asian faces on show. If you look
edit on 5-11-2018 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Smells like a CNN/Lemon trick 😎

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I just did a view image .
And a zoom
Can you point out the many ?
I was only able to see a couple. Maybe 3
It may be the 55" True4k TV though
You know how blurry those things are

edit on 11/5/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

yer right seems odd that they would play into the dems hands like that

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

Not at all - seems your comprehension skills are about as poor as my writing ability.

Broadcast anything deemed 'hate speech' and you are risking some sort of censure and / or prosecution.

What actually legally constitutes 'hate speech' seems to be changing on an almost daily basis in accordance with PC dictates etc.
Its not much different in the US as far as I can tell.

My issue is with the constant portrayal of the UK as some sort of Orwellian police state....its not.
I can, and regularly do, express my opinions regardless of how extreme or contentious they may be and have never been censured for doing so.
Neither has anyone I know.

For some reason some Americans seem intent on pushing the lie that we in the UK are somehow less free to express our opinions than you Americans are....I guess you're more qualified in explaining why.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

that's why i moved to nz to get away from the awful # and hatred of thatcher politics

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Lol, if I judged all countries by a dozen or so of their citizens, I’d say they’re all #holes. Good thing some of us use context!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Disgusting.

Whoever is responsible should be ashamed of themselves. If they were automated/auto-dialed calls, they may be in violation of a US law provided the call took place across State lines (which is very likely with digital telephones)

Realistically, it could've been those campaigns responsible for the smear ads to make themselves look like victims. Wouldn't be the first time its happened, especially in recent history and especially in regard to race/sex issues. But I wouldn't be surprised if they were real either, given some of the despicable things said by the left and the right

One thing is certain, I agree with your assessment that it needs to end

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Just curious how you can say it is such a horrible country to live in, when you don't even live in the place you are talking about? makes no sense.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

My comprehension skills are quite fine, thank you.

Yes, some opinions are described as "hate speech".

A man in the UK was arrested for this tweet:

I confronted a Muslim woman yesterday in Croydon. I asked her to explain Brussels. She said 'Nothing to do with me'. A mealy mouthed reply.

That's an opinion and no amount of casuistry will alter that.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

i just went home after 25 yrs there was not 1 pub or club in the whole town whole streets gone just open spaces my bucket list had a great hole in it i'm from the north east talk about a divided country

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

There are assholes in every country.
Why not worry about those that you have.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Says the guy who is compelled to cut his bread with only state-approved knives. There are still some Brits with a stiff upper lip, however, hence Brexit.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: queenofswords

Why would you judge an entire country's people

Where did i do that?

I was pointing out what you call normal " Political Practise " as something i would find awful if it happened here.

You should look up the US Constitution and read Amendment 1. Understand that it was placed there to protect speech, but especially political speech.

Now this kind of political speech is not especially helpful to anything, but whom do you think would referee what kinds of political speech can fit underneath the banner of acceptable?

Well, that would naturally be the government now wouldn't it? Don't you think that would be a problem when many of any election's political candidates are going to be incumbents? Do you think any politician of any stripe should have the natural advantage of the referees backing him or her up already when it comes to deciding what should or should not be considered permissible political speech during an election?

In case you were curious, we had a major Supreme Court case about this. It was called Citizens United Case, and one of main reasons why certain factions (government primarily) lost their case was because they admitted that if they won, the decision would indeed give them the power to censor political speech during an election. Certain factions like to whine about it being about corporations being people, but the devil is in the details they like to ignore, and that was a big one.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I'd think they'd be in violation of more than a few FCC regulations concerning broadcast of hate speech...

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join