It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What An Awful Country To Live In.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Election campaigns In The U.K. don't turn into racists bigoted arguments.

Come over here and try it some time. You maybe surprised.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
"Americans need to wake up, and fast"

The same thought can be applied to your country as well.

link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Just carry on with your so called " Human Rights " and continue to turn your country into a Cesspit.

If your happy with it, then so be it.

Fundamental human rights, to be clear. Hey, at least in the US they don't have to worry about the Stasi when some Englishman gets his knickers in a not.

link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: Propagandalf

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
a reply to: Propagandalf

It seems to me TPTB and MSM are trying to force America to be turned into just like UK is now politically. Where your opinions will be used to arrest you.

Probably won't happen. Unlike the UK, the American people won't concede their human rights so easily.

Just carry on with your so called " Human Rights " and continue to turn your country into a Cesspit.

This has to be some sort of satire.

No , a fantasy

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

It was paid for by The Road to Power, a white supremacist group

As much as I'd like to stop the idiotic hate of white/black/brown/beige/a sickly pale pasty/or any other supremacist group, We as a nation of laws that matter, MUST protect their right to be idiots. When they go full retard and break laws, we can do something about that. But being a proud American has some baggage, and it includes trusting the Constitution that has served us so well for so long.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You are correct
They wait until Parliament is in session
As seen on TV
On BBC even

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Just seen this.

Automated phone calls in Florida and Georgia have dragged an already toxic political campaign to new lows.

They targeted two candidates who could become the first African-American governors of those states. One message falsely claiming to be from US celebrity Oprah Winfrey called Stacey Abrams in Georgia "a poor man's Aunt Jemima" - referencing a controversial image of a black woman depicted as a slavery-era "mammy" figure - and other racial slurs.

The robo-call also described Ms Abrams as "someone white women can be tricked into voting for - especially the fat ones". It was paid for by The Road to Power, a white supremacist group

And this.

Robo-calls in Florida targeting Andrew Gillum featured a background of jungle and chimpanzee noises.

And this.

On Monday, Facebook, NBC and even the president's favourite network, Fox News, announced they would stop broadcasting a 30-second ad paid for by his campaign. The clip falsely claimed Democrats let into the US an undocumented Mexican immigrant who murdered two California sheriff's deputies in 2014

www.bbc.co.uk...

Has The U.S. gone full retard ? This type of language and action should not be anywhere near politics in a civilised society.

Americans need to wake up, and fast.

Why are you trolling?

It's called freedom of speech. Yes we get some nutcases that exercise it in very distasteful ways.

The good far outweighs the bad.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: ScepticScot

It seems to me TPTB and MSM are trying to force America to be turned into just like UK is now politically. Where your opinions will be used to arrest you.

Probably won't happen. Unlike the UK, the American people won't concede their human rights so easily.

Patriot Act?

Yes it's a thing please tell me which human right we gave up in that ?

That a serious question? Maybe start with right to privacy and work your way along.
edit on 5-11-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

You are correct
As seen on TV
On BBC even

You have never heard racist remarks in The U.K. Parliament.

If you think you have then put up or shut up.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Patriot Act?

That a serious question. Maybe start with right to privacy and work your way along.

Awesome tell me what right to privacy I have lost via the PA?
I can still choose to encrypt whatever I want.

I already know where this is going though so lets just let the OP continue to complain about the US from across the pond..

link   
a reply to: proximo

Why are you trolling

Why would you think it was trolling ?

That is not what you call " Freedom Of Speech ". It's outright " Hate Speech "

And you know it.

link   

We're an awful country full of awful people.

And we smell bad and we drive on the wrong side of the road.

And our butts stink.

Like poo.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Come try it sometime.

The US is so sensitized to everything that no one can say anything these days. If we actually jailed people for saying offensive things, people would be in jail for talking about black holes and brown bag lunches. I'm being serious.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Maybe our trick is working and people will stay away!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Sounds like the kind of thing democrats would do to underpin their constant lies about where the actual hatred and bigotry exists - at their own doorstep.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Just seen this.

Automated phone calls in Florida and Georgia have dragged an already toxic political campaign to new lows.

They targeted two candidates who could become the first African-American governors of those states. One message falsely claiming to be from US celebrity Oprah Winfrey called Stacey Abrams in Georgia "a poor man's Aunt Jemima" - referencing a controversial image of a black woman depicted as a slavery-era "mammy" figure - and other racial slurs.

The robo-call also described Ms Abrams as "someone white women can be tricked into voting for - especially the fat ones". It was paid for by The Road to Power, a white supremacist group

And this.

Robo-calls in Florida targeting Andrew Gillum featured a background of jungle and chimpanzee noises.

And this.

On Monday, Facebook, NBC and even the president's favourite network, Fox News, announced they would stop broadcasting a 30-second ad paid for by his campaign. The clip falsely claimed Democrats let into the US an undocumented Mexican immigrant who murdered two California sheriff's deputies in 2014

www.bbc.co.uk...

Has The U.S. gone full retard ? This type of language and action should not be anywhere near politics in a civilised society.

Americans need to wake up, and fast.

I live in GA. Haven't gotten any robocalls. I usually just hang up or dont answer when I dont know the number though.

Either way, if true that is sad. I cant imagine anyone with a brain would actually listen though.

I DO know that Will Ferrell and Oprah came to GA to campaign for Abrams....which is really strange since they dont live here or anywhere close.

Also kinda wondering how this makes the US a awful country to live in. Are you suggesting that there is a single country out there without a bigot or racist in it?
edit on 11/5/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

You are correct
As seen on TV
On BBC even

You have never heard racist remarks in The U.K. Parliament.

If you think you have then put up or shut up.

Awww . Did a lil pick ruffle your feathers ?
I am so sorry
(not really)

The UK has its own problems

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Patriot Act?

That a serious question. Maybe start with right to privacy and work your way along.

Awesome tell me what right to privacy I have lost via the PA?
I can still choose to encrypt whatever I want.

I already know where this is going though so lets just let the OP continue to complain about the US from across the pond..

You think encrypting is the same as a the right to privacy? By that reasoning having a hidden gun is the same as the right to bear arms.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We're an awful country full of awful people.

And we smell bad and we drive on the wrong side of the road.

And our butts stink.

Like poo.

What about our teeth??

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

a reply to: proximo

Why are you trolling

Why would you think it was trolling ?

That is not what you call " Freedom Of Speech ". It's outright " Hate Speech "

And you know it.

Speech which here is free to state, whereas in your beloved UK, they would be arrested. You have no free speech if that is the case. You are only free to say and express feelings that are acceptable to your government. That is not free speech my friend....that is anything but.

Our freedom of speech protects that speech which we disagree with....because, wait for it......not everyone can agree what is acceptable. Kind of like the way the original immigrants from England came to this continent to escape the British governments telling them who to worship.

Freedom....it has its warts, but it means my opinion does not have to agree with yours...and THAT IS OK here.

When laws get broken, then you can speak out. Until then, perhaps you should better understand what our freedom of speech means to us and not to you?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join