It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: LIVE: Senate To Take Cloture Vote On Kavanaugh Nomination

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

USA! USA! USA!

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: ketsuko

According to MD police, the most likely charges brought forward are outside the statute of limitations.

Article going over this topic.

As for thorough, it would be an investigation not limited to only what the people who want Kavanaugh confirmed more then anything want investigated. Its pretty simple and has been explained many times by many different people on ATS.

In other words, the Democrats who all came out to begin with and announced they would vote no want full control of the process.

Does that sound fair to you? Not to mention, since this was done through the Congressional Committee system, the Democrats are not the party in charge by reason of which party holds a majority. This basically asks the party in power to cede their rights to the party not in power.

I never said the DEMS should be in charge just that the White House shouldnt be in full control. The FBI is very capable of investigating things on their own.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
What would happen if one or more of the senators who voted "yes" died by Leftist Authoritarians before the final vote tomorrow?

They'd call it legitimate rape.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Flake voted Yea!

Its not a victory yet. Remember McCain and the ACA vote, he voted yes until the final vote.

Exactly. Vindictive SOB.
edit on 10/5/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

According to MD police, the most likely charges brought forward are outside the statute of limitations.

As for thorough, it would be an investigation not limited to only what the people who want Kavanaugh confirmed more then anything want investigated. Its pretty simple and has been explained many times by many different people on ATS.

In other words, the Democrats who all came out to begin with and announced they would vote no want full control of the process.

Does that sound fair to you? Not to mention, since this was done through the Congressional Committee system, the Democrats are not the party in charge by reason of which party holds a majority. This basically asks the party in power to cede their rights to the party not in power.

I never said the DEMS should be in charge just that the White House shouldnt be in full control. The FBI is very capable of investigating things on their own.

Huh, you mean like they have in 6 previous background checks, including during the Obama admin when we didn't have issues of who was in charge in the evil White House? Hmmm?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
51 49

Kavanugh will be confirmed in the next vote.

With Murkowski voting no and Manchin voting yes. I’m a little worried this isn’t a done deal .

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Did they not 6 times on their own accord?
edit on 10/5/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/5/2018 by BigDave-AR because: Think too fast type too slow > extra DIV

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

That is some mighty tough talk to have absolutely nothing to back it up except Liberal Leftists saying so....
Oh , wait ,. that is exactly what happened , isn't it ?
Were you in charge of the FBI investigation ? No
Do you even know what the investigation involved ? Not just no , but Hades no
Why speak of something you have absolutely no clue about ?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

51 49

With Murkowski voting no and Manchin voting yes. I’m a little worried this isn’t a done deal .

If it comes down to it.

Pence gets a vote.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Who was it that said “elections have consequences,and at the end of the day, I won”.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.” – President Obama to House Republican Whip Eric Cantor, January 23, 2009.

edit on 10 5 2018 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

51 49

Manchin wouldn't vote yes unless he already knows Collins is voting yes to cover for him. I believe it is in fact a 'done deal' (unless you consider Manchin stupid enough to stick his neck out for no reason).

link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Who was it that said “elections have consequences, you lost, get over it”.

The same person who held the beer summit.

link   
a reply to: neo96

I thought the vice president only got a vote in the event of a tie and the nuclear option requires 51.

But I hope I’m wrong.

What do you think Collins he’s going to say had 3 o’clock ?

Edit;

Just thought about it and yup I was wrong .
edit on 5-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The fact remains Kavanaugh is an extremely anti Fourth Amendment judge.
If they wanted to turn him off from right-wing and libertarian voters they should have gone with that.
Not some fraudulent sex allegations

link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Collins, Flake, Manchin, and Murkowski are some kind of voting pact. Expect three to likely vote yes to cover one voting no.

At worst, they'll go 2-2 to force the Pence tie-breaker, but there are rumors they've had meetings deciding to make sure that the confirmation happens and how best to make their block's votes do that while still covering a no from one of them.
edit on 5-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

Huh, you mean like they have in 6 previous background checks, including during the Obama admin when we didn't have issues of who was in charge in the evil White House? Hmmm?

Hum people had plenty of problems before this confirmation. In 2006 it was a rough nomination due to all the BS he was carrying at the time. His links to domestic spying, torture, Bush election during the recount, ect.

link   
a reply to: dashen

Cause "Stone Cold Brett Said So"
(paraphrase of Steve Austin's WWE saying)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Vice-President Mike Pence acknowledged on Sunday that he may be required to cast a tie-breaking vote to secure the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh as a supreme court justice, in what would be a first in US history.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

51 49

feinstein blackmailed her.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

LOL!

Makes me want to vote twice!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join