It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a new coffee maker - recommendations?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I've bought lots of coffee pots over the years in office settings.
Bunn is great for fast brewing high capacity but pricey.

Keurigs suck, period, avoid like the plague..

For all other situations just buy a mid range brand like a $40 mr coffee.
Not the $10 pos.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Instant? Instant disqualification of having an opinion!

Gotta be fresh ground from daily ground beans for me.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I have a K cup for traveling, it's a small one. Otherwise no thanks.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I've tasted Keurig coffee a dozen times and have to say i'm not impressed.
I do like the temperature, but something is off with the flavor, maybe the plastic has an impact on the flavor or
something.

I'm also not into the weird flavors.
I seriously only like coffee flavored coffee, I know that sounds boring, but that's what I like.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Stove top percolator.

edit on 4-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The weird flavors are designed to hide the fact the coffee itself sucks.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
For convenience, you really can't be a Keurig. Yeah, the coffee isn't the best, but it will do. I've used them for years. I even have a generic k-cup that I can put fresh grounds in when I want the fancy beans.

However, if you want the best tasting, I think a french press is the way to go. I don't use my french press as much as I feel like I am always in a hurry, but when I have time, that is my preferred method. My mother recently bought me a fancy water heater. It looks like a coffee pot but heats water to 200 degrees in about 1 minute. I just do that then pour in french press and let it steep for a few minutes.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hamilton Beach Brew Master. No pot and it keeps coffee super hot and it's programmable!

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lilroanie

Hamilton Beach Brew Master

I like the temp quality of this one but it has a design feature that I totally hated on my cuisinart, the water reservoir on the side. If you aren't careful with those types they can easily develop mold because the water doesn't always dispense fully. The ones with the reservoirs at the top don't seem to have this issue.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Same happened with my cuisinart, my new bonavita doesn't have this issue.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I just have an old Mr Coffee. I make a pot in morning, pour most into preheated thermos and the rest into a large insulated travel mug. Can refill the mug twice during the rest of the morning. Coffee in sealed thermos is still hot and tastes the same as first cup.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Get a French press. I can’t go back to a regular coffee maker after using one.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Don't Lose Yourself In The Mean Time And Brew Coffee In Pot With Strainer On The Stove...
That Is Nasty As Hell Tastewise.

Also... I don't know....
edit on 4-10-2018 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: alldaylong

ummm, I'm the wife, so yea, no..

Did you just assume he assumed your gender??

I dont know what to say *explodes*

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Mine has res on top? See the different models because I've had 2 over the years and both on top

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I have a turkish coffee grinder, that makes powdered sugar like coffee grounds. I put them in my ibrik (read as milk pot for a lowly white man and not some arabian prince) and add sugar and enough water for 2 cups. I slowly bring it to the boil, no stirring, till it starts to foam from the outside in, and when it has completely foamed the entire surface, I take it off the heat, and pour 3 small pours into my cup. I return it to the heat to repeat that process till my cup is almost full, then I scoop some foam from the top of the pot, into my cup.

I sit with my black foamy brew, with a small glass of filtered water. I sip the coffee, and after every sip I wash my palette clean with a sip of water. Every sip of coffee is then flavoured succinctly. Black as hell, sweet as heaven.

Sure, it takes me 45 minutes to make 2 cups of coffee, but if you want it done right, machines don't work.

edit on 4-10-2018 by Parishna because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I keep it super simple. Super fast brew with the BUNN and Don Francisco's Gourmet Coffee.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
With all the consumer reports and social media critics as well as the infinite resource of the internet itself, has anyone offered "switch to tea?"

But a Mr Coffee (the cheapo ones) or any clone does the job, however, a true master gets a counter top electronic water heater and a hand held filter (one may tear one from a mr coffee in a pinch) and drizzles the perfectly heated water, slowly, over the grounds.

I don't usually have the time or patience to make my own this way, and cannot remember the perfect temp setting as it's on my heater in the kitchen and , well, lazy.

But that method makes a noticeably superior cup o coffee.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

I like 'em for a single cup - but in eny event they're kind of a bitch ot clean.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

No need for me to switch to tea, I actually drink more tea than coffee and have mastered that to my liking.

I guess you could call me a lazy coffee maker. I don't want to fiddle with anything, I want to put in grounds, put in water and let the machine do it's magic.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join