It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a new coffee maker - recommendations?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I had an old cuisinart coffee maker that finally broke. It was ok but I didn't love it.

I just bought a replacement coffee maker (I think it's mr coffee). It's cheap and brews ok, but one thing really bothers me is that it
isn't very hot at all. It's like a little over lukewarm coffee.

I have a feeling there are a lot of seasoned coffee drinkers on here. I'd love to hear what coffee maker you'd recommend
The cuisinart I purchased had rave reviews, now I think half of them had to be fake. I really don't trust reviews anymore anyways.

Looking for just a basic coffee maker that makes coffee flavored coffee that is hot (no need for fancy anything, just coffee)
What do you recommend - or even don't recommend?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Looking for just a basic coffee maker

Your wife ( or girlfriend )

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Don't get anything fancy, they break.

Mr. Coffee (must have just been a bad day at the factory)
Proctor Silex
Cuisinart

Stick with the cheap ones, they're the most reliable.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

ummm, I'm the wife, so yea, no..

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Need a new coffee maker - recommendations?

Maybe one from Mexico. The Chinese ones are kind of nice too, but stay away from Filipino or Indian ones. English are not too good either. Might try Italian or Swiss, maybe Spanish. They will all want something in return though. Like citizenship.

edit on 4-10-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: alldaylong

ummm, I'm the wife, so yea, no..

Right.

Ok your husband or your bit on the side.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I prefer my coffee with cream, not indentured servitude.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
BUNN Velocity Brew is my favorite. Cranks out 10 cups worth of precious in no time.
edit on 4-10-2018 by jamesmm791 because: because

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

It's a little pricey but I just got a Bonavita and LOVE it.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I disagree, although there is some truth to it, the fancier it is with the more parts/options many times the more that can break.

link   
Unless you need the ability to program it to brew at a specific time, my vote goes to a French press. Very basic, will never break (unless you drop it), and brews a waaay better tasting cup than any standard drip machine. Cheaper, too. They also come in several sizes, depending on how many cups you want/need to brew at a time. Just make sure you get a coarse-ground coffee instead of the standard grind.
Just put the grounds in the press, heat up water in a teapot (or regular pot), pour onto grounds, stir, wait a couple minutes, press the plunger down, and done. Couldn't be easier, no electronic/moving parts to break or wear down, and they last forever. My grandmother gave me hers (she'd had it for decades) for my 20th birthday, I've now had it for 15 years and it still works like it's brand new.

link   
I'v had a few coffeemakers and in the end I went back to Folgers instant and a tea kettle. Reminds me when my Mom was alive and we would have a cup in the morning before doing chores. A familiar taste and memory.

I tell virtually no one, but for the BEST coffee you will ever smell or drink, 'The Straw Ibis' and 'Highlander Grog'

Logan Utah
caffeibis.com... under flavored coffee's , but you can't go wrong with any of their Roasts.
edit on 4-10-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The best coffee still comes from an old fashioned perk coffee maker. Presto makes one and so do others. All chrome exterior and continues for decades to have the best flavor-no matter what coffee you put in it. Old reliable. Not watered down, not luke warm-just right.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
ANYTHING but a Keurig.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

I would need a coffee maker to make me coffee before I was ready to fumble with a french press.
I actually have one, and yes it makes good coffee but I like to basically have a pot keeping warm so I can get a cup whenever.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Ah, gotcha. Then I'm of no use in this discussion, haha. I've never owned a drip coffee pot.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jamesmm791

I was actually considering getting a commercial bunn but this one looks interesting!

To Plotus

Folgers instant

I'm am totally not an instant coffee type of girl, I know others that swear by it. I hate to say it but to me it tastes like dirty cigarette water.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Have you considered cold brew? Look into the toddy cold brew system.

Also, person above is right.. for the best quality brew, its hard to beat a French press. For espresso, I dig my basic Bialleti.

For ease of use, I love my keurig.
¯_(ツ)_/¯

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Hamilton Beach #46205 standard model has been great for 5 years and going strong every day. Has some great
features that are handy. Amazon sells it.
Buy the goldstone brew basket with it. Paper coffee filters suck!

edit on 4-10-2018 by Tompdx3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Keurig...easier way to sample 100's of different coffee without breaking the bank

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join