It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am done with politics and I am no longer voting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I'm done. Raise gasoline to $10 per gallon. I just don't care anymore.

$10/gallon gas will get your attention, and you will care. So will $4/gallon gas, $5/gallon gas, $6/gallon gas, $7/gallon gas, $8/gallon gas and $9/gallon gas.

#DriveAway

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Trump does make politics entertaining though... I will give the guy that.

To be totally honest, I can't even remember the name of our current prime minister off the top of my head... I suppose I could google it, but I just don't care enough to go to all the effort.

His just some extremely unremarkable guy who means nothing to me... Really couldn't care less whether the conservative or progressive party is in power either... Same s# with a different name.

US politics on the other hand... well, that's like reality tv, for people who don't like reality tv... Or a team sport, for people who hate football.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It must be exhausting to be a leftist continually hoping the next fantasy story gets you what you want and continually having to pretend you actually believe the snip the MSM pushes on you.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Hey, comrade, do what you want, but I suggest all citizens get up off of their butts and VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

$10/gallon gas will get your attention, and you will care. So will $4/gallon gas, $5/gallon gas, $6/gallon gas, $7/gallon gas, $8/gallon gas and $9/gallon gas.

#DriveAway

Yep, there goes you trump tax rebate, straight into the pockets of the Oil cartel.

Savy investors saw this coming the day trump won the election. Speculators are doing a happy dance.

Doin business the American way....

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
the hate is getting stronger on ats.
excellent.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Get rid of social security. Raise gasoline to $10 per gallon. I just don't care anymore. The government does not represent me in any way, shape, or form. I'm done.

No body wants to do any of those things dfnj

I do understand your sense of frustration, entirely. But as much as you feel that way right now, it may surprise you to know some of us on the right also feel that way. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm personally getting sick of the same old system that does nothing but protect itself and use/abuse us while throwing us under the bus at the first chance it gets

With Trump, I guess all of that feels like it is on "pause" but I know Trump won't last forever (8 years, max) and we'll be right back to the same broken and probably illegitimate system. Which is why its even harder for me to understand why the left is suddenly supporting the surveillance state, unwarranted intrusions, violation of attorney/client privilege and generally supporting the abuse of the legal system to political ends

With the tectonic shifts in the Republican party, if the left-wing were to join forces with us we could actually fix this government and its significant mistakes over the last ~100 years or so (and keep the parts that weren't mistakes! like civil rights movement for instance)

It is sad, but don't be discouraged. What is stopping you from aligning yourself with the right wing anyways? What point of view or position do we hold that is so incompatible with your own beliefs? Especially when you consider the non-aggression principle and our positions of maximum-liberty. The divisive/wedge issues don't have to be addressed at all (since it isn't government's place to address them, generally speaking)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: six67seven

#DriveAway

Yep, there goes you trump tax rebate, straight into the pockets of the Oil cartel.

Savy investors saw this coming the day trump won the election. Speculators are doing a happy dance.

Doin business the American way....

I'd have thought the left would love high petrol prices... isn't the world supposed to be run on cow farts now, or else the world will end?
edit on 3/10/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The loss of your political engagement, which is your duties as a citizen, will only contribute to the problems that make you scurry in disgust in the first place. To run is a selfish, but also self-defeating choice.

(post by Muninn removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'll keep on voting REPUBLICAN, eating PEZ, Taco Bell and sucking Nitrous Oxide out of the whipped cream containers at the store when no one's looking. And I will continue to watch the left flail in angst and misery with a smile on my face.

That's the NO2 lol.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Can I has your stuff?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
good on you for choosing not to participate.

please do your best to encourage all like minded people within your preferred echo chamber to do the same.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Oh it's definitely going to get a lot worse for you.

wait until Trump has the all the right people in office and the leaders of both sides start getting executed for crimes against humanity.

Then the bankers will get exposed for being baal/satan/cain worshippers and the blackmailing system they run will come crashing down.

They are all paedophiles who get off on domination over other humans and humanity itself.

This is why Trump declared a national emergency and signed a bill into law saying all criminals caught trafficking humans will have their assets frozen.

2018 will be glorious

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Stop. Using. Logic.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul

originally posted by: whywhynot

Who is getting rid of SS and charging $10 for gas? Now be specific. I see successfully renegotiated trade agreements, record low unemployment, new stock market record levels and North Korea firing no more missile tests.

Here you go:
www.cbsnews.com...
www.fool.com...
www.thinkadvisor.com...

Thats just the first three in the list I just googled for you. If you want to try it yourself browse to google.com and enter "plans to reduce social security benefits" without the quotes. I don't see any mention on the left planning this, but lots of GOP issues.

In fact, I think cutting social security benefits are a key point in the Koch bros plans for America.

All of that is mere speculation or fearmongering by Lefty. Come back when it actually happens.

Jees

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: deltalima74
a reply to: whywhynot

Stop. Using. Logic.

I’d try using emotion but I’m a conservative.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The only way government will represent you is by voting for the people you want to see running it.

Granted, change is slow. That's because people don't educate themselves and/or don't vote.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Your post made my day Plotus

I wondered where all the propellant was at on that last can I bought

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
what you gonna do the day everyone is going voting? cheesecake? it requires you be a man of steel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join