It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikki Haley spent over $52K in State Department money on curtains

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I did.

What's your point?

Other than Trump administration is terrible.

BTW, your Ben Carson link isn't working. You probably want to fix that.
edit on 14/9/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
Some fake news website

Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, is drawing criticism over curtains in her official residence costing nearly $53,000 -- purchased amid deep budget cuts in the State Department. Trouble is, the purchase was approved in 2016, under the Obama administration.

But the paper didn't mention until the sixth paragraph that Haley's spokesman said the Trump administration had no input in the purchase decision.

Some online critics apparently missed that detail.

So more of the same.

Obama bad administration blow-back on Trump's face and liberals goes nuts.

Nothing new here.

I'm not worried about which administration did it. I really don't understand the need for such spending. Doesn't matter which administration it was under. Why are you spending $52K of tax payers money on curtains? And, why does this not throw up red flags and cause a deeper investigation into other expenditures? And why is saying that you only have a part time maid acceptable as a reason for the expense???

Seriously, I wouldn't care who it was in the government doing that type of spending. I'd still want it looked into more. But that's just me. Maybe it is different with people who have a favorite party. I personally do not.

Ok, too much politics..off to play elsewhere. Hope you all have a great weekend!

blend

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

I agree with you 100%.

She should be accounted for and an investigation needs to take place as for the need of this expensive spending.

I just provided the OP some proofs that this isn't on Trump, for more that he wants it to be.

But he sure as hell should be looking into it.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Wow Im going to show this one to my husband. Two years ago he had a word or two about me spending two thousand on the drapes in the living room from JC Penney.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Wondering the same thing about your response and reason for jumping to her defense.

link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

One hell of a reach you got there. You live on this earth how come you haven't reviewed each element individually?

link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo
I once knew a girl who tried to invent curtains (or was it blinds?) that were completely silent during opening and closing. Drove her husband half mad. I'm pretty sure they cost less than what Nikki Haley paid for her quickly closing curtains. Wonder if she ever got them right.

Funny, Twin Peaks had the same story.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Wow Im going to show this one to my husband. Two years ago he had a word or two about me spending two thousand on the drapes in the living room from JC Penney.

He should have had a word with you. For one JC penny is cheap, for two how many damn drapes did you buy and three they have layaway.

2k on drapes? Maybe you should have some respect for your hubby and talked to him before this kind of waste.

P.S Average Americans don't have money to spend on things they need and you plopped 2k on drapes. I hope you guys are very very well off... Perhaps even rich... don't know how you'd expect to stay well off with spending 2k on D.R.A.P.E.S.
edit on 14-9-2018 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: vinifalou

Yes yes yes, Obama bad. You need to actually read the OP.

Maybe you should read it
All of it..

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The nerve Silly!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: 4003fireglo
I once knew a girl who tried to invent curtains (or was it blinds?) that were completely silent during opening and closing. Drove her husband half mad. I'm pretty sure they cost less than what Nikki Haley paid for her quickly closing curtains. Wonder if she ever got them right.

Funny, Twin Peaks had the same story.

OMG! That's her! Is that her Facebook page? She didn't have the eyepatch when I was... when we were friends.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

The ceilings are eleven feet high and the drapes start just below the crown molding. They go all the way to the floor and are yellow silk with victory valances and white curtains underneath. Special order fabric and custom made and that includes the hardware and installation. One window is twelve feet wide. I already had this conversation about justifying the cost but thanks. There are only three windows in the living room.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I can imagine one of the two words beginning with the letter F.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
sounds like security to me...

$50,000 ? for real?

The United nations rep for the USA probably spent twice that on making her car secure and ensuring her IT isnt being snooped.

Maybe they are bullet-proof curtains.

edit on 9/14/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

I dont agree with silly on to many things politically but her marriage is between him and her.

My wife buys "#" all the time and if I question the purchase her response is....

"I have a job"

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Its not like they arent going to last for years. Does a fifteen year old who helps out a few days a week count as a part time maid? She vacuums and dusts but doesn't really touch the drapes.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Yeah but OP would b totally ok if she'd set up a bathroom server. That's somehow allowed.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

No Im sure that word wasnt used.
Think trump is saying that about Nikkis drapes?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

No Im sure that word wasnt used.
Think trump is saying that about Nikkis drapes?

If you spent 2 grand on drapes I would be swearing. I have brown paper stuck to my 3 1 metre wide (3 feet) and 3 metre (9 feet) high windows which start at 4 feet of wall. It cost less than a dollar and is effective at restricting view from the outside. OK, it doesn't look very homely on the inside but it saved me 1999 dollars.

Disclosure: I live in temporary housing.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
What's changed?
Did Haley bring in a new supplier? Is she doing something that is irregular?

Can you provide the historical costs of decorations so that we can see whether this is out of the norm.
Just want to determine whether this is a complaint against the money being spent or whether it's because you don't like the administration.

I'll put it this way.....

When Budget constraints were limiting security increases at US facilities in Libya, when budget constraints were reducing military spending, when budget constraints were threatening to delay social security payments ; You won't find the OP making one post about how the State Department spent millions on glassware and alcohol while being ran by a former presidential candidate....

Not one...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join