It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikki Haley spent over $52K in State Department money on curtains

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
To be fair, the old curtains were simply dreadful.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
No she didn't, these were planned during the Obama admin.

The NYT even mentions it, albeit by the 6th paragraph.

www.nytimes.com...

The government leased the apartment, just blocks from the delegation’s offices, with an option to buy, according to Patrick Kennedy, the top management official at the State Department during the Obama administration. The full-floor penthouse, with handsome hardwood floors covering large open spaces stretching nearly 6,000 square feet, was listed at $58,000 a month. The current ambassador, Nikki R. Haley, is the first to live in the new residence, which has spectacular views. But a spokesman for Ms. Haley emphasized that plans to buy the mechanized curtains were made in 2016, during the Obama administration. Ms. Haley had no say in the purchase, he said.

Way to promote fake news SG!
edit on 14-9-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Trump isn't going to say anything. He probably has gold curtains that retract at Trump Tower and they probably cost $500,000.00 He probably thinks these are a bargain...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

More disgusting fake news, this pathetic hit piece should be moved to Ludicrous Online Lies.........

tweet from the pathetic 'New York Times Communications' account..
edit on 14/9/2018 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yup.

/thread

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
Some fake news website

Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, is drawing criticism over curtains in her official residence costing nearly $53,000 -- purchased amid deep budget cuts in the State Department. Trouble is, the purchase was approved in 2016, under the Obama administration.

But the paper didn't mention until the sixth paragraph that Haley's spokesman said the Trump administration had no input in the purchase decision.

Some online critics apparently missed that detail.

So more of the same.

Obama bad administration blow-back on Trump's face and liberals goes nuts.

Nothing new here.

"I love expensive curtains all of a sudden!". Awesome.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

read further . The money was from the obama administration . Nice try

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Here's an update for you.

You should probably add it to the OP.

New York Times admits creating 'unfair impression' about Nikki Haley's $53G curtains that were OK'd by Obama administration

The New York Times has added an editor’s note and changed the headline on a story that was widely criticized for reporting U.N. ambassador Nikki Haley has extravagant curtains in her official residence costing nearly $53,000, because the purchase was actually approved in 2016, under the Obama administration.

“An earlier version of this article and headline created an unfair impression about who was responsible for the purchase in question. While Nikki R. Haley is the current ambassador to the United Nations, the decision on leasing the ambassador’s residence and purchasing the curtains was made during the Obama administration, according to current and former officials,” the editor’s note states.

"The decision on leasing the ambassador’s residence and purchasing the curtains was made during the Obama administration."

- New York Times

Can we now formally call The New York Times FAKE NEWS and move this thread to the HOAX bin already

Thanks.

ETA: I see someone posted already. Thank you!
edit on 14/9/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
They were cheated. I would have done it for $49,000.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Whoever got the contract was probably a friend/relative/crony of some Dem politician and they had to split the money with him/her.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Let me guess: yet another misleading drive-by attack on the administration which the OP quickly abandoned after being called out on?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

No, no I'm still here reading.

Coming up 2 years and it's still Obama's fault. Amazing content on this thread.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Looking forward to your mea culpa.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The Obama administration ceased January 2017. Since then, it's been a GOP legislative and executive. The decision is in their court and it always has been. Plain and simple.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

The Obama administration ceased January 2017. Since then, it's been a GOP legislative and executive. The decision is in their court and it always has been. Plain and simple.

So even though members of the previous administration admitted that they ordered the curtains, even though the NYT apologized for misleading people with their story. . .

You're sticking with your story.

Wonderful.

Embrace ignorance.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

You're sticking with your story.

Wonderful.

Haley and this Administration have had every opportunity to make a decision on the matter of spending. They've had this ability since the beginning on last year. Blaming the 'plans' of the previous administration is a way to escape responsibility of the decision making of those currently in power, plain and simple. It's Trump and the GOP in power now, not Obama. You're already well aware of this as are others on here.

Let me just add as well, I get that you don't care either way DB. I'm already well aware of this, I assure you. You don't understand the point of these threads.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Aren't you tired of getting lied to by your own sources?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

The curtains were delivered last year, weren't they? To an apartment she had never visited.

But please, continue with the irrational narrative.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Aren't you tired of getting lied to by your own sources?

The OP would rather trust the lie than admit the truth.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join