It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikki Haley spent over $52K in State Department money on curtains

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

So now that you know obama spent this are you going to make a thread about it?

Are you democrats still outraged?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: vinifalou

Yes yes yes, Obama bad. You need to actually read the OP.

I read it. Its fake news. Trump nor Haley had any say, it was done under Obama.
edit on 14-9-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hehe. The U.N.

That place is like Affirmative Action for evil rich folks...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

Fire that wasteful bitch. Then look into the system that people feel emboldened to do this in.
no man.....

No...now we have to understand....watch that movie with Eddie murphy .....nutty professor

WOMEN WILL SHOP TAM.....TAM ,....YOU CANNOT STOP A WOMAN FROM SHOPPING

am I wrong? No....anyway in the movie the women in the audience in that scene....were all nodding in approval......idk
edit on 14-9-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Nikki didnt buy this, the Obama admin made the purchase.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
When in doubt blame obama, or Clinton, or both.

One thing is for sure, these so called conservative scumbags love enriching themselves off the tax payers dime.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Its not doubt it's fact. The obama guy responsible defended it.
edit on 14-9-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Wahmen, eh?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
When in doubt blame obama, or Clinton, or both.

One thing is for sure, these so called conservative scumbags love enriching themselves off the tax payers dime.

Have you ever heard of a "Fiscal Year" ?
Do you understand how federal budgets, allocations and a fiscal years operate ? But when the State department spent 5 million on glassware, and 1.3 million on alcohol under a former presidential candidate ; You had nothing to say about spending....

One stupid article comes out trying to pin this on Trump and suddenly you care...

edit on 14-9-2018 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

So your argument against OP is to say "whaaaaa he didn't complain about the other thing so he can't complain about this!!1!" Man up buttercup.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rookseven

So your argument against OP is to say "whaaaaa he didn't complain about the other thing so he can't complain about this!!1!" Man up buttercup.

I didn't argue anything. I was pointing out hypocrisy, which becomes even funnier when it's learned that the Obama Admin budgeted this.

Between us... 50K dollars for designer drapes at more than one facility is actually a good price...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

originally posted by: Rookseven

I didn't argue anything. I was pointing out hypocrisy, which becomes even funnier when it's learned that the Obama Admin budgeted this.

Between us... 50K dollars for designer drapes at more than one facility is actually a good price...

There's a reason Obama did this. The UN ambassador used to stay at the Waldorf Astoria but it was purchased by the chinese. The Obama administration thought that was a security risk so they move everything over to a rented penthouse in the 50 United Nations Plaza. This is why new curtains were needed and if you believe these are just normal curtains your a fool.They would be used for sound dampening.

So bottom line Obama moved the ambassador residence and because of that there was expenses involved. By the way the chinese company that bought the waldorf does indeed have ties to chinese intelligence looks like a good call from Obama.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Rookseven

No the comment is Obama did this, this was arranged under Obama and Nikki and Trump literally had no say.

But you want to bitch because you're partisan.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

So we can both agree this was a ridiculous thing to be upset at Trump for. Personally I didn't find the purchase that extravagant or worrisome.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
So OP, now you know these curtains - and the residence - were ordered during the Obama administration I was just wondering if it's still a bad thing??????

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Bullet proof curtains are not cheap.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Another shining example of fiscal conservatism in action folks.

Nikki Haley spent $52,700 in State Department money on “customized and mechanized” curtains for her luxury apartment across from the United Nations on the East Side of Manhattan, a report said Thursday.

The curtains were purchased to adorn the UN ambassador’s 6,000 square-foot full-floor penthouse atop an apartment building on First Avenue, according to The New York Times.

New York Post

Don't worry folks! Nikki and company have already blamed Obama, just to save your breath.

A spokesperson for Haley said plans to buy the curtains were made during the Obama administration.

What's funny is that Ben Carson used this same excuse for their $32K dining room set, before moving on to blaming his wife and then later cancelling the order when the heat got too high.

Hey! hey look! What is $52K? A drop in the bucket right?

Right.

Articles like this show you how easy it is to spin things for middle America and an uneducated populace. The trick is to focus on one thing while down playing something else.

First, it is curtains/window treatments for a 6000 square foot apartment. That is a MASSIVE place. It is literally a mansion in the sky. It isn't some 1,000 square foot 2 bedroom apartment with maybe just two or thee windows. I bought decent window treatments for the living room in my house. Basically four windows and it was more than $1,000. These were not even motorized or anything fancy. It would not surprise me that it cost $50k for window treatments.

A 6,000 square foot penthouse in NYC would probably cost around $20 million if not more. You don't furnish a $20 million apartment with temporary stick up blinds from Target. Those curtains will probably have a useful life of 10-20 years.

Second, it isn't Nikki's Haley's apartment. It is an apartment she gets to use because of her position. She isn't "personally" decorating it to her tastes.

The larger question is if having a 6,000 penthouse even necessary? Probably, given the entertaining aspects of the job, not to mention the security. Regardless, people are focusing onthe $50k without putting it in context.

This article is the equivalent of someone complaining about how much landscaping cost at the White House. OMG, the White House spends $50k/yr mowing the lawn! Umm... it sits on 18 acres.

I believe government waste too much money, but at the same time, this is nothing but a hit job.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

After it was determined that Obama's administration is responsible, I doubt the OP cares much anymore. The air has been let out of his tyres again.
Never fear, though, I am sure he is busy penning his next thread about some business somewhere going bust.

edit on 14/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The real problem is this:

6,000 square-foot full-floor penthouse atop an apartment building on First Avenue

The UN is all about overspending on officials. Why the US has such a place is crazy. Who wouldn't want to be UN Ambassador?

The US government always overspends like this. I wish it were different.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

The real problem is this:

6,000 square-foot full-floor penthouse atop an apartment building on First Avenue

The UN is all about overspending on officials. Why the US has such a place is crazy. Who wouldn't want to be UN Ambassador?

The US government always overspends like this. I wish it were different.

UN Ambassador is a big position and you do deal with global dignitaries and a lot of entertaining. I don't expect top government officials to be using AirBNB. You also have security issues as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join