It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Weagle

I don't blame the guy for camping out to watch his home. Videos have been showing that other people are walking around the grounds and entering buildings. There could be looting.

Ok well, they were offered a hotel so the others would be too, this could get expensive for them, wonder who will pay in the end.

Of course we have to consider that IF they took the people somewhere they may have thrown this guy in to mislead.

edit on 14-9-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Thanks. I couldn't get it to embed originally.
edit on 14-9-2018 by Skunkwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: BigDave-AR

That wouldn’t fly with me I’d drive right through that tape and get my things out of the house, what are they going to do, charge me for breaking into my own home?

Nowadays they don't have to charge you with anything but if the gov is involved I would think it is risky to do anything they tell you not to. See how much our country has changed.

Meh I’m not sure any prosciutto or judge would pursue charges for getting your stuff out of your own residence if they couldn’t prove that were in great danger or impeding a federal investigation. Even then a good lawyer could argue that the crime scene that you are allegedly tampering with is unsecured and there was no malice in your actions.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Charlie- Yeah not buying that either and that would be transmitted power imagine the power before all the loss!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Give me a break. This "whistlelblower" saying that we can control the chromosphere of the sun with HAARP "Gigawatts".

The Earth could be a giant Tesla generator and we would be barely able to shock birds.

What a crock of #.

Just linked the video man

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal
>Were you there at the time of the raid? What happened?

I was traveling to Las Cruces, as far as I can tell.

I didn't hear anything until I got into Las Cruces; when I did my boss said "don't go back to Sunspot; NSF's closed it due to 'ongoing security issues' -- they'll let me know more within the week." -- And that was the last I'd heard of it from him, other than reiterating not to return to the site the other day.

actually I saw the Sheriff blast past me last week when I was heading to Las Cruces (where NMSU is).

NSF is going to have project managers in a sort of open-house event at NMSU tomorrow (today Sept 14); I plan on going and seeing them.

>Do you know if the facilities that have been shut down, such as the one you work at, also do any kind of military activity tracking?

Sunspot used to be Air Force, and they had some interesting equipment for tracking/analyzing "space weather" there, but that was decommissioned [IIUC] even before they pulled out of Sunspot entirely.

>Have you folks had a security incident before, perhaps recently?

Not to my recollection.

> Anyone at work acting weird? Coworkers gone for long periods of time, etc?

Nope; about the weirdest thing regarding things like vacations is the operator (a NSO guy) was forced to take accumulated leave right before the shutdown. [Because of how undermanned the telescope is, he can't really take any vacation.]
The timing is a bit odd, especially combined with the rather ham-fisted way his superiors (or HR?) shoved it on him.

I feel like that last part is extremely interesting but I dont want to lose my head here. More to come please be patient.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

You do realize telescopes are trained on coordinates in the Universe right? And just because telescope 1 located in NM and telescope 2 located in Hawaii happen to be trained on the same heavenly body that in no way implies they have either the same viewable range, optics, magnification power, similar or like technologies, filters, etc.

You are implying that just because there are multiple telescopes in the world then they all see the same things and you would be wrong.

Try to use a little bit of thought please.

edit on 14-9-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Someone tipped them off to a threat, or saw something and it escalated up the chain after the event was verified. Right out of the movie Contact same scenario. The feds don't come rolling in and fly technicians in and out of the area with computer equipment if there was not something substantial. I read something about a witness being evacuated saw techs/scientists with computers coming off the helicopter. Sounds like Big Brother is grabbing data which fuels the idea that the observatory saw something other worldly that they shouldn't have. I also read that they are "upgrading". I imagine they are upgrading and possibly installing taps for remote monitoring. The only threat around are the witnesses.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

That last part is very interesting. I agree

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

If they are solar observatories and we have only (1) sun it seems the focus would be on a shared subject ... No ?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I listened to the posted video of the guy Clyde Lewis was interviewing and made it about 45 seconds in before I shut it off. His claim is that Sunspot is part of an "internet" of sorts that has the ability to manipulate the sun. That somehow, the powers that be, can force something as large as our sun to produce CME's on cue.

The power it would take to force a fusion reaction above and beyond what the sun already produces is astronomically astronomical. Electricity can't do it and all the nukes on the earth wouldn't even make it within 10 million miles of the sun before they melted.

The sun contains over 98% of the mass of the ENTIRE MILKY WAY SOLAR SYSTEM. Our species put a satellite into orbit merely 70 years ago. To think that we are capable of manipulating something that colossal, and do it precisely, is the stuff of dreams and delusions.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Yeah, a lot of interesting tidbits in that thread. For those that haven’t seen this particular thread (and I wouldn’t advise most folks to go digging there for obvious reasons), but the thread gives enough detail / evidence that I find the anonymous poster to be credible. Can’t speak for threeeyesopen’s view on credibility.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

Yep. Also in reference to the poster I was just talking about, he references Internet at that location being limited and that they usually physically carry data back to NMSU for processing.

This would fly in the face of the Ground Zero interview’s allegations.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Now, James McAteer, director of the Sunspot Solar Observatory, has seemingly ruled out one of those theories. McAteer told local news outlet KOB that the “telescope did not see aliens. All data will be made public in its unaltered form. Nothing is hidden or kept secret.” McAteer, a professor at New Mexico State University, clarified to Gizmodo that we probably wouldn’t even find extraterrestrials with a telescope. “Any aliens in our vicinity of the Universe are very likely microbial,” McAteer told Gizmodo. He also dispelled other theories. “There was no killer solar storm. Solar storms happen all the time. No observations of an imaginary planet.”

gizmodo.com...

So they ruled out sun spots and seeing aliens.

That still leaves maybe they moved some parts and hacking.

They then claim they do not know why so take it with grains of bs and you could not tell the difference.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

>Don’t a bunch of people live up there? Did they have to evacuate on moments notice?

Not a whole lot anymore; it used to be about 90 people or so... but the NSO pulled out FAST when they got funding for the facility in Hawaii so there's only a few houses up there that are occupied anymore. -- Actually it's kind of sad: all the organizations that were/are involved there are stuck in "bean-counter" mode and unable to see potential, only costs/expenses.

>U still getting paid?

For now.
I hope that continues, too. (I actually have a huge chunk of work I can do off-site, so it's not like I'm being paid to sit around.)

>Were there any new hires or employees acting suspiciously, like making frequent trips to the post office?

The new-hires are (1) a computer-science guy, and (2) a electrical engineer. Both less than a year, neither really used the post office, TTBOMK.

>So, what are most talking about? Is there anyone acting odd?

Not really; mostly it's the stress of everything being up in the air and unknown. (Kind of like being in the Army and getting "hurry up and wait" instructions.)

>Also, if this were related to the Sun activity, wouldn't there be other observatories see these trends?

One would think so; but the Dunn is still the most advanced operational solar telescope, so there is that.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal

Is that the 4chan post your talking about? Honestly it's hard to believe someone would go there to answer questions about it if they worked there. That's an extremely toxic site and full of LARP.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 898929

Unless they wanted anonymity?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

The amount of rehash and trickle of details is getting to levels of ridiculousness that I’ve rarely encountered.

Thanks for posting the article. I think it’s interesting that the data / footage bit popped up in the comments.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

>OP are there any foreign nationals working at the observatory? Russian or Chinese specifically. This really feels like espionage.

No; there was talk of hiring a new operator, who was coming in from Spain, but that fell through.

And again, let me reiterate: all the data collected is made publicly available.

Now, I wouldn't put it past them to try to run espionage on the telescope, but there is nothing of espionage-value there.

>OP did you left this behind? Video from inside the building (x files game left in the trash.)

LOL - I know exactly where that is; on the left from where I would enter there's an office that has *EVERYTHING* still there. (The guy was apparently in his 80's when they cleared out of the "main lab" and so he just left everything, rather than moving it all.)

In my opinion someone working there left that game in the trash, but that's maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

That about sums it up for information we can use here, there was a lot of spam and other stuff to go through. Also these questions were not asked by me, just want to clarify that.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Just for the heck of it, I did another search just now for any new information and came across this USA Today article. There's no new information, but I see a trend in the MSM and how they are covering this whole thing.

If you click on the article, you'll notice 4 other embedded stories....all having to do with aliens. One of which is about a man that is breaking his silence about being abducted after 40 odd years.

Does this even make sense to anyone? This is a pattern across all of the MSM outlets. All have similar embedded stories with wild theories or are offering the wildest of theories from other forums as an idea of what all of "us" in internet land are thinking.

I feel this is mainstreams way of making the public at large not care about the story by focusing on only the most outlandish of theories out there. Thoughts?

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 14-9-2018 by MrBuddy because: rw

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join