It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
a reply to: BigDave-AR

spaceweather.com (scroll down a bit in that site) has started posting radiation doses of flights .... why hmmmmm

This interests me

thanks for this

link   
Ive scanned Youtube for anything new. All Im seeing are people rehashing old video for hits and likes. Nothing new.

link   
Well shoot, maybe it IS the post office we should be looking at...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
What a weird day. How would have thunk it. Fox news carrying 3 UFO related stories today plus this incident. They even interviewed Nick Pope. Big day for disclosure freaks.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

If you click on the article, you'll notice 4 other embedded stories....all having to do with aliens.

JUST a theory- but the term 'hide it in plain sight' keeps wandering through my head.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I just wrote a longer post at the end of page 85, but I suspect it will get lost.
Here is another possibility, look where the observatory sits.

Check the previous post for the date of construction

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: MrBuddy

If you click on the article, you'll notice 4 other embedded stories....all having to do with aliens.

JUST a theory- but the term 'hide it in plain sight' keeps wandering through my head.

Yeah they’re related articles I don’t see it as unusual for them to put the ufo spin and link to other stories about ET stuffs.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Clendennan
Another wild theory being put forwad is coronal mass ejections made those people on the various planes sick all at the same time in high altitude... sounds ludicrous but its out there

Not such a wild idea. The human body is a battery. Anything electrical affects it.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 898929
a reply to: Fiscal

I'm just not buying it. 4chan is notorious for vague answers and never really getting the breaking info. It could be true, just doubt they would do their leaking there.

A thought occurs..

This site HAS to be known by even people wandering Sunspot. How come none have come in here to lay their cards on the table? I'm finding it...ummm, yeah.

You don't think the govt spooks are giving us the business, do you?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Possible good news:

www.space.com...

Article states that Shari Lifson (AURA spokesperson) will email out an update on the situation today.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fiscal
Possible good news:

www.space.com...

Article states that Shari Lifson (AURA spokesperson) will email out an update on the situation today.

LOL so no questions.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I can't for the life of me figure out how to upload a screenshot, but Sean Williams (the local interviewed in one of the news videos) updated his Facebook again 10 minutes ago. His post says

You know??? I don't give a rat's a$$ what happened in Sunspot. Hey, you guys in charge!! Get your $hit together and LET ME GO HOME...

Couple of comments so far, one from someone who doesn't look to be local but floated a theory earlier about the whole thing being related to terrorists funding ISIS:

I’m telling you it’s a global wide EO 13224, they can do what they want as long as they want. It could be a long while for you unfortunately

And this one, from someone who does look to be local to the area:

There's been choppers going back and forth and a squdron of fighters flew towards there. All this has been going on since this morning.

Interesting if true.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Possible good news:

www.space.com...

LOL so no questions.

At this point, since it is an "ongoing security concern" im ruling out ...

missile launch
aliens
causing the coronal ejections by reporting back to other arrays
did I say aliens ....

im going with ongoing investigation and continued background checks of employees to find out who planted the transmitter/thingon that one tower, which reports to the Chinese. Also, checking the other observatories for similar as well as their computer systems.

that's what Im going with.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I’m leaning towards stolen adaptive optics technology/software ending up in another countries hands....

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
I’m leaning towards stolen adaptive optics technology/software ending up in another countries hands....

I don't know if they'll ever admit to either

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Possible good news:

www.space.com...

The update will be: we have vacated the sunspot observatory unroll further notice for a security issue we are dealing with. We are hard at work with the appropriate authorities.
Seriously people. Were on it, leave us alone.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

If so, We'll never find out.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Interesting, I know they lost the STEREO Behind satellite - which was the far side observer - have not kept up with its replacement ?
Stereo Behind Status

Main Stereo Site

Something been sitting back there since 2016 ]

The attempt to recover the spacecraft was not successful. STEREO-B has now been out of contact since Sept. 23, 2016.
[/quote

Of course, nothing has been done like this one

MORE Powered by JW Player 8.2.3 After decades of scientific brainstorming and years of construction, NASA's Parker Solar Probe is safely on its way to flying seven times closer to the sun than any mission has before.

During these periods, which scientists call fast radial scans, the spacecraft will swoop in at a speed that closely matches the sun's speed of rotation, and then swoop out again. While the spacecraft keeps pace with the sun's rotation, it will be able to watch how the same region of the sun behaves over a period of about 10 days. "We're really able to hover and stare at it," Fox said, giving the team "the ability to spend days looking at the dynamics of how one region of the sun is changing — or maybe it isn't changing."

www.space.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I believe you’re probably more accurate than I’d hope. We’ll see how close that is soon, hopefully.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Ive scanned Youtube for anything new. All Im seeing are people rehashing old video for hits and likes. Nothing new.

Those of us that are old keep hoping some spectacular thing will happen before we croak.
I guess the young have similar feelings so it is easy to not resist being ridiculous in our direction of thought.

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join