It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
It’s all good I was thinking about having some bushmills Irish whiskey on the rocks, been a long week.

Tried the 10?
But I digress...great thread, and yes, it exemplifies what is great about ATS!

Yessir I try not to waste the 10 though just plebbing it up with regular bushmills, quality stuff I’m a Jameson’s hater.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Clendennan

I can say for a fact it’s one of the places I would consider, but I also look at the treatment the MSM has given the topic (‘ALIENS!’).

It’s also a way to keep your digital footprint low for the viewing public which can maintain some modicum of privacy. Not to mention, if you wanted to drop a breadcrumb and have folks dig on it like a rabid pack of dogs, well, there’s your place.

But the point stands, never believe what you read there without due diligence. This was one of those more rare instances where things pointed less to LARP than otherwise.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ToasterBorst

Check out the comment about the failed missle test. Someone said it went down a couple miles from the observatory so they evacuated. Mentions strange smell and helicopters showing up.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 898929

Check out the comment about the failed missle test. Someone said it went down a couple miles from the observatory so they evacuated. Mentions strange smell and helicopters showing up.

Interesting, very interesting....

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal

Several other forums on this topic are being inundated with posts about a failed rocket nearby, not getting much traction though. Its been being mentioned since this morning.

I for one welcome our new Alien Overlords

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

lol I was just typing that, its in at least three other forums...it doesn't make much sense and doesn't account for everything though, I think we are past the point that if anything odd was going on, weve missed it by now. Theres too much mud in the water at this point, unless a leaker or a video comes out later.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I would think if it was a failed missile launch you would send the military, not the FBI—especially with the proximity of Holloman versus FBI field offices in Albuquerque and El Paso. That just doesn’t make much sense to me.

link   
a reply to: caterpillage

m.youtube.com...

That's the link for Paul Martinez videos with the drone. He actually has quite a few of them now.

link   
Interestingly we now have sent a probe that can see the far side of the sun.
It does have a camera.

"WATCH: EARTH-ORBITING TELESCOPE SEES FAR SIDE OF SUN
How can a telescope orbiting Earth detect light emitted from the far side of the sun? NASA scientists tried to figure out the answer after the Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope recorded gamma rays, the highest-energy form of light, originating from solar flares on the far side of the sun."

The mission is made possible by a shield constructed from a carbon-carbon composite, which will keep the probe’s instruments safe in the 70-degree range. Launching as early as July 31, 2018, the probe will make 24 orbits of the sun. It will get within four million miles of the star with the gravitational assist of seven Venus flybys.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

First I've seen mentioned about a failed missil test here, though if that were the case I would have expected the security to be MUCH higher aswell. Also wouod expect that to be a rehearsed scenario, come in, clean up, press statement, and gone withim the shortest time frame possible. Idk though... Guess we can throw that on the dry erase board with the others. Eventually something will stick lol

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Another wild theory being put forwad is coronal mass ejections made those people on the various planes sick all at the same time in high altitude... sounds ludicrous but its out there

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Has anyone tried to get info off of Radioreference?? I'm at work doing odd searches and that site came up. Perhaps there were calls made that were recorded by the site??

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fiscal

I would think if it was a failed missile launch you would send the military, not the FBI—especially with the proximity of Holloman versus FBI field offices in Albuquerque and El Paso. That just doesn’t make much sense to me.

well the fbi would go if they thought it was directed down somehow ...

but im not buying that nor the downed missile anyway, I buy neither. im just saying its out there being pushed.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Yea that's what I was thinking. What about the people that weren't evacuated, and you would think military and hazmat would be crawling all over the place.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Clendennan
Another wild theory being put forwad is coronal mass ejections made those people on the various planes sick all at the same time in high altitude... sounds ludicrous but its out there

I don’t buy that the plane would be downed before a CME was big enough to make you physically sick.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Interesting, I know they lost the STEREO Behind satellite - which was the far side observer - have not kept up with its replacement ?
Stereo Behind Status

Main Stereo Site

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I keep thinking about starfire wonder if they run lasers out of the NSO for adaptive optics?
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

spaceweather.com (scroll down a bit in that site) has started posting radiation doses of flights .... why hmmmmm

edit on 9142018 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal

Yes they did mention going to a meeting today and also coming back with more info. The thread is archived now so the update we will have to look for.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I didn't go through 85 pages to see if this was covered yet.

Lots of very useful information about the observatory:
Sunspot Observatory Wiki Page

I just went to Google maps and I think there is another possible issue.
Look where the observatory sits:

On the western side of the Sacramento peak [5], there are wide open views of Apache Point Observatory and Sloan Digital Sky Survey telescopes. From the overlook beside the telescope, White Sands National Monument stands out as gypsum white [6] against the sandy background of the desert. On a clear day it is possible to see all the way south to the cities of El Paso, Texas and Juarez, Mexico and all the way north to the Trinity test site. The overlook can also be used for viewing rocket launches from White Sands Missile Range.

The location of the observatory was also originally built by the government in the late 40s

It became an important mission of the USAF to establish a solar observatory and "after the war, when the Air Force recognized the need to organize its own long-range program of solar studies, it quite naturally turned for specialized assistance to the recently formed High Altitude Observatory (HAO)".[1] In September 1947, the USAF issued a contract to HAO and Harvard University to conduct a survey and thereby identify an appropriate site for a new solar observatory and to determine which instruments to install at the new site.

The answer might be far more simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join