It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Cowboys vs Aliens 2011 Movie

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Anyone else remember the Cowboys vs Aliens movie?

I do, and so do lots of other folks..

But alas - Cowboys vs Aliens never existed.

The movie is now called (and always has been):
Cowboys And Aliens
www.imdb.com...

..not a typo.

So what do you remember.. vs or &?

As a side note: It's my opinion our choices are becoming more important. The world is turning angrier and I think there's more to it than meets the eye. I think it's tied into the Mandela Effect somehow (I don't know how) - but the phrase "for those with eyes to see" stands out. I'm not saying it's easy - but if you can see it, you have a choice to be better (including myself). I'm not necessarily talking about the anti-ME folks - it doesn't always look like they have a choice (though I hope I'm wrong). To see what I mean, read on.. (but keep in mind this thread is about the movie title, not the choice to rise above anger - that's just a psa).

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Easily the most forgettable movie ever made, and one of the worst ever.

It's too bad the "Mandela effect" didn't erase it from existence completely.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

From the moment I read your post I was thinking "No, but I remember Cowboys and Aliens then realised the point you were trying to make. Could it be UK v US release title? I daresay someone may have addressed that...
edit on 3/9/18 by djz3ro because: Format

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Not convinced yet about the ME-thing but I'm willing to help out. I do remember it being "cowboys vs. Aliens".

But here's the thing. I never saw the movie and I am not sure how I learned about the movie when it was released. Maybe it was some collective mistake back then about the title and I just rolled with it.

No dvd's laying around to prove it was either "&" or "vs."

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoMon, 03 Sep 2018 06:32:55 -0500am303220189 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Definitely "Cowboys vs Aliens"... I wonder if we are going to see much more significant discrepancies in our matrix in the near future...

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

There is of course the off-chance that my subconscious is mixing up "cowboys and aliens" with that animation movie "monsters vs. aliens" which was about the same time I believe...

The mind is a curious thing...

Peace

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
No, it was always cowboys and aliens.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It has always been '&' in this part of the world
At the theatre and on DVD as well

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I checked...it was released 2009

If it was really "cowboys vs aliens" in 2011 then Dreamworks would have sued their asses.

Brain mixing things up I guess..

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoMon, 03 Sep 2018 06:55:48 -0500am305520189 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Didn't see the movie, but we got the honking big Slurpee cup from 7-11. I just checked the thing- we have had it since 2011, and it's been in regular use by us. It was ALWAYS Cowboys VS Aliens. I'm one of those people who like playing with the lenticular effects when its on stuff- I'm fascinated by it (and I guess, amused easily). I've pretty much been staring at the thing on and off for years.

Until I just checked the damn thing, it's now &. WIFE says it was VS.

What in the *hell* is going on in this world. I KNOW my memory isn't faulty. I've stared at the cup for 7 damn years. drinking from it, and when it was retired to serve as kid's bathtime splash cup. it's been sitting in the bathroom for at least 2, and the whole year we've been at the new place.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
There's also 'Alien vs Predator' which is in a very similar vein and a good candidate for the source of any confusion over the movie names.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

Nice one...

Forgot about that movie. Released in 2004

Peace

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

It was always "Cowboys & Aliens," a play on the game American children used to play:

www.imdb.com...

The listings you found are probably just typos, like Rod Sterling for Rod Serling.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Terrible movie.
Should of been Aliens and Indians.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I just watched it and the everything wrong with.......and it is cowboys vs aliens.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Nah it's definitely Cowboys & Aliens, always has been, I remember when the movie came out I was watching an interview and they (Director, Actors) were saying it's a western but instead of Cowboys & Indians it's Cowboys & Aliens. Think about it, who says Cowboys vs Indians when you used to play that game as a kid.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I just came to a conclusion of sorts:

The Mandela Effect seems to exclusively affect pop culture and some political stuff, BUT NOTHING PURELY SCIENTIFIC. An exception seems to be the Bolton Dinosaur.

Why has not the speed of light been retested? Has anyone checked the official metric kilogram to make sure the weight is consistent? Atomic weights of elements? Something is up, and the more I ponder it, the more I worry. I also have noticed certain... people who come in here and tell us our memories are faulty have a...certain political mindset- and that's all I'm saying. I'm noticing a hell of a correlation on the posts from certain individuals. The same crowd seems to like to filter into the paranormal threads and remind certain among us how nuts we are.

This has been sitting in the back of my mind percolating for a couple months. Both items, in fact. I'm starting to feel like I'm in a movie about pod people who are taking over the earth, and any time someone discovers them, they discredit the person by calling them nuts, and getting the gullible to agree with them. :/
edit on 3-9-2018 by wylekat because: YOU try writing a post with a 5 year old bouncing off the walls!

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Cowboys and Aliens
But they were versus each other..

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

and getting the gullible to agree with them.

That is ironic.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I've always known it as Cowboys and Aliens as it's a wordplay on 'Cowboys and Indians'.
(Well Cowboys & Indians but it's how we pronounce it
)

I thought there was a bad knockoff called Cowboys Vs Aliens. Or similar, like one of those crappy Asylum films where they title a film extremely close to popular major Hollywood film and rip it's very basic premise and chew it up and spit it out.
But I could be wrong regarding that.

But yeah, films always been Cowboys & Aliens for previously stated reason. No Berenstein/Berenstain Bears here for me.
edit on 3-9-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: added stuff

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join