It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Cowboys vs Aliens 2011 Movie

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Cowboys and Indians - I remember laughing because of the childhood game. Technically, it was a "vs" movie, which means I have accidentally used "vs" instead of "and" in the past.

Fortunately, the only "proof" that I can find to support your claim is that all internet spellings of the movie itself are "Cowboys and Aliens". Which means, that either your memory of what the movie was called is incorrect, or you clearly are from another dimension.

While I support the notion that there is another few dimensions out there, it would be foolish to assume that the human brain "remembers" everything with 100% accuracy.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I remember Cowboys and Aliens

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I really like this movie, and I have never paid any attention to the Mandela effect as I've never had anything to relate it to, but I can 100% unequivocally say the movie I saw many times was Cowboys Vs Aliens, but now there's no sign of it anywhere... confused.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo

Good grief not another idiotic ME thread! You are just trolling!

It has always been Cowboys and Aliens.

Look. Interview from 2011!

You seriously need to take some time out from this guys You Tube Channel.

www.youtube.com...

thanks for link, it seems strange that OP has claimed that some of these he discovered, whoops looks like you found his "reliable" source

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The common game kids used to play with each other is called "Cowboys and Indians". This is a take-off of that name.

I remember when the movie came out I thought to myself it was a moderately clever take on that kids' game name. I would have never thought that to myself if the movie was called "Cowboys vs Aliens".

People who think it's "vs" are most likely confusing it with the film "Alien vs. Predator". It happens; people sometimes are wrong.

edit on 4/9/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well thats odd. I distinctly remember Cowboys vs. Aliens. It was a distinct title, easy to remember, because I remember thinking it was an odd choice for a title at the time. Cowboys and Aliens sounds very weird to me. Its a phrase I have never said in my life up until this thread, and I saw Cowboys vs. Aliens in the movie theatre. This one is a head scratcher to me. I come from the Berenstein Bears / Dolly had braces universe.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I remember when the cartoon movie came out cowboys vs aliens and thinking how it was similar in name to the movie cowboys and aliens.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
The common game kids used to play with each other is called "Cowboys and Indians". This is a take-off of that name.

I remember when the movie came out I thought to myself it was a moderately clever take on that kids' game name. I would have never thought that to myself if the movie was called "Cowboys vs Aliens".

People who think it's "vs" are most likely confusing it with the film "Alien vs. Predator". It happens; people sometimes are wrong.

Whole heartedly agree but in this case it was a also B-Movie cash in using a similar name also known as a “mockbusters” for example Alien Vs. Predator had a Alien Vs. Hunter knockoff, Transformers has transmorphers, Pacific Rim had Atlantic Rim and those were all from one producer. It’s quite the little straight to DVD/cable “scam” to take advantage of people who see the title and think it’s the hit title. So there was an Cowboy Vs. Alien, just not the same movie as the OP thus causing more confusion, so this is not just faulty memory but shady business practices also explaining the Cowboys Vs. Aliens google image hits and one of the giveaways is the screenshot of the terrible looking alien hung that wasn’t in Cowboys and Aliens.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

originally posted by: tommyjo

Good grief not another idiotic ME thread! You are just trolling!

It has always been Cowboys and Aliens.

Look. Interview from 2011!

You seriously need to take some time out from this guys You Tube Channel.

www.youtube.com...

thanks for link, it seems strange that OP has claimed that some of these he discovered, whoops looks like you found his "reliable" source

Well I went to try to set the YouTubed straight only to get a comment back along the lines of gee I’m glad you know everyone’s mememories.....lol looking at the other videos that channel is a joke and a half.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

I am far to old to even contemplate wasting my time watching these videos,

George Michael - was at some point George Michaels, cos 2 of him, duh
Alfa Romeo - was Alfa Romereo, lol sounds so dam odd
They Live or They Live!, I mean what is the world coming to if ! means timeshifts ahead
Thomas the tank engine - was meant to be Thomas the train, WTF

some stand out moments coming soon to ATS

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

I am far to old to even contemplate wasting my time watching these videos,

George Michael - was at some point George Michaels, cos 2 of him, duh
Alfa Romeo - was Alfa Romereo, lol sounds so dam odd
They Live or They Live!, I mean what is the world coming to if ! means timeshifts ahead
Thomas the tank engine - was meant to be Thomas the train, WTF

some stand out moments coming soon to ATS

Don’t get me wrong sir I didn’t watch anymore than the one video I was just scrolling through the other titles of his videos and face palming on nearly everyone!
Lol Alfa Romereo so close to Alpha Romero (John Ramero of ID Software and “I will make you my b*^%#” fame.
edit on 9/4/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Same as, I could only scroll thru, face palming and lmao also, it seems that guy has more than a bad memory, uneducated it would also seem, another he has listed is the spelling of deliberately, tough word to spell, but if you get it wrong it is certainly not because of some timeline shift, could be he just spelt it wrong all his life

It looks like he posted financial videos then an ME one which got him more clicks thus more $$$, so lets make up some more nonsense for more $$$

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Want an explanation for the "Mandela effect" ?

Put 50 people in a room and whisper "A white cat in a black box" into the first persons ear and ask them to pass it off to the next person the same way. Ask the last person what the message was.

edit on 4-9-2018 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
Well thats odd. I distinctly remember Cowboys vs. Aliens. It was a distinct title, easy to remember, because I remember thinking it was an odd choice for a title at the time. Cowboys and Aliens sounds very weird to me. Its a phrase I have never said in my life up until this thread, and I saw Cowboys vs. Aliens in the movie theatre. This one is a head scratcher to me. I come from the Berenstein Bears / Dolly had braces universe.

originally posted by: pr0ph3t
I really like this movie, and I have never paid any attention to the Mandela effect as I've never had anything to relate it to, but I can 100% unequivocally say the movie I saw many times was Cowboys Vs Aliens, but now there's no sign of it anywhere... confused.

I'm the same - I distinctly remember Cowboys VS Aliens.

That's some good evidence that you've seen it several times (both of you) - I think you would know if you went to see a knock off..

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Only engaging with people who agree with you sounds like Confirmation Bias.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Well thats because he is looking for confirmation of his statement, not people telling him hes an idiot.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

Like I say, confirmation bias. It's a thing.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

edit on 5-9-2018 by oldcarpy because: Double Post

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
a reply to: oldcarpy

Well thats because he is looking for confirmation of his statement, not people telling him hes an idiot.

Ahhh good ol' confirmation bias.

Hail ye mandela effect.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Only engaging with people who agree with you sounds like Confirmation Bias.

Damn, beaten to the punch.. lol I should have looked out for someone who agreed with me first.

hehe

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join