It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remains of 4,000-year-old lost city with 230-foot-tall pyramid and pits filled with human SKULLS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Ok, so I am going to start flooding this site with something other than political crap.

It's late, I'm tired and cranky.

Archaeologists have discovered the remains of a lost city in China that thrived more than 4,000 years ago. On a ridge above China’s Tuwei River, researchers found a massive stepped pyramid that once served as a palace center, along with defensive stone walls, tool-making debris, and several pits filled with sacrificial human skulls. The Bronze Age discoveries challenge our understanding of early Chinese civilization and settlement, suggesting the loess highland was home to a complex society long before the traditionally assumed ‘centers’ emerged in the Central Plains

Read the link as you please

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Ok, so I am going to start flooding this site with something other than political crap.

SnF..

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Because of its size and poppulation I believe China is probably the oldest culture in the world, pre dating the out of Africa theory
Think there is much more to be discovered there

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

SnF..

+1

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
if you notice, black people have asian looks and so do the spanish and american indians and even those in the bushes of Australia .

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

and several pits filled with sacrificial human skulls.

I hate when they do this. They have no idea why the skulls are all together ... so it must be some perverted ritual.

If you unearth a crematorium in a thousand years ... will they claim it was sacrifices to the Sun God?

It simply could be a different burial practice but hey, that does not make the public go wow and without the wow factor, they don't receive any huge stashes of grant money.

Typical BS.

P

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Yea, I hate that skull stuff too. Everyone is tuned into how the Mayans cut off heads and bounced them down the pyramid steps but there have also been caves of skulls and collections that were sacred burial grounds as well. We just have to make something sinister out of everything, it seems.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Well in the Mayan case, we have art depicting the scenes of various forms of sacrifice or capital punishment.

In this case the pits are apparently near an altar.

But I agree archeology/anthropology is filled with assumptions. Some of which stand on a better foundation than others. Though they get tossed around as facts pretty often.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Yes, the assumptions get picked up as fact, depending upon how the article is written, and who wrote it. Very troubling aspect of archeology.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Nah.

Slight experience in crematoria.

They wouldn't know what it was at all, if they didn't find documentation.

You can't really tell that the remains in a properly run crematoria were even from an organism.

When they blast, everything is combusted as fully as possible. Full carbon cake conversion.

It would seem like charcoal manufacturing.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
a reply to: RadioRobert

Yes, the assumptions get picked up as fact, depending upon how the article is written, and who wrote it. Very troubling aspect of archeology.

Another case of "the adults in the room have reached consensus so run along....", this is NOT the way to expand knowledge.
Some of these people have to accept that they know a lot less than they think they do.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I happen to know many of African desent,they look nothing like asians,not in physical stature nor color or eyes,couldn't of picked 2 races far apart

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Interesting site.

Part of the problem though is that the Chinese state fund all archeological research in China, and they want to prove they were the first advanced humans, so Chinese archeologists keep finding conveniently early sites.

So I always take the dates on Chinese sites with a pinch of salt.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: musicismagic

I happen to know many of African desent,they look nothing like asians,not in physical stature nor color or eyes,couldn't of picked 2 races far apart

Really?

The olmec heads are popularly called "black" in features. But they look more polynesian.

Morphology is a terrible indicator of culture though.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It wasn't a hook but it caught me...lol...there are bone structures which cross all races....pretty and ugly as defined by the status quo of the epoch you exist in crosses all color barriers as well.....there are RELATIVE similarities to be found within us all that segregate us into definable groups and this spectrum existed before the color spectrum came into existance.

There HAS TO BE computer software that has already sorted this issue out ...somewhere it has to exist.....I can simply look and see my Family traits in terms of bone structure going back hundreds of years....especially the eyebrows and cheekbones......unmistakable....and within my macro-Family group exist the full spectrum of racial colors...and it only takes a generation or two for the exact same bone structure to seemingly take over the stage.....it is what it Is ...if you simply observe instead of investigate we seem to group better by facial bone structure than by color and I am left to wonder where this path might take us if we followed it further using software.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Because of its size and poppulation I believe China is probably the oldest culture in the world, pre dating the out of Africa theory
Think there is much more to be discovered there

How could you ever know when you say you don't believe in evolution or science in general?! Dating methods are "all make-believe." Scientists are all "dogma." For whatever reason (that must have nothing to do with science), you've opted to believe China is 'probably the oldest culture in the world.' Seems so bloody random and arbitrary and especially when we're all God's creatures.

Ironically, people who study the origins of humanity are also beginning to include pre-China populations as part of the wider origins. There's a decent article here, but be warned, there are scientists in there and references to hypotheses/dogma - Skull found in China could re-write the 'out of Africa' theory of human evolution.

In a sense, the popular media are playing catch-up because the 'out of Africa' theory has been updated many times in the last ten years at least. The more popular idea now is that populations washed in and out of Africa. It includes the strong possibility of other sapient species in diverse parts of Asia and some genetic mingling. It's basically focused on populations radiating outwards, interacting with other populations and a sort of migratory backwash effect. Thing is until there's a genome of the other species (think of Neander, Heidels, Denisovans, Nadis sp?) we can't look in our own genomes to see what's leftover from those ancient one-night stands.

I'm drifting away from the topic at a rate of knots. It's great to see archaeological news like this coming out of China. It wasn't so long ago when the Chinese government wasn't too keen on promoting histories that undermined the exceptionalism of their national identity. They're politically and culturally very keen on ideas of racial consistency and cultural harmony. Not many people know that there are many more pyramids in China and hopefully (if I'm not already too late) we'll see more news like this.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
If you want to see some weird history check out the Treasures of the Unbelievable...its creepy as hades....looks like freaking Mickey Mouse and Robo-cop crossed with a Cylon Warrior from Battlestar galactica…..and other highly weird stuff....I think they found a dump site the Smithsonian used to hide things.....lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
If you want to see some weird history check out the Treasures of the Unbelievable...its creepy as hades....looks like freaking Mickey Mouse and Robo-cop crossed with a Cylon Warrior from Battlestar galactica…..and other highly weird stuff....I think they found a dump site the Smithsonian used to hide things.....lol.

You mean the artist with the fake

Earlier this week, the streaming service released a mockumentary, “Treasures from the Wreck of the Unbelievable,” that chronicles the fictional story behind Damien Hirst’s two-venue exhibition in Venice last yea

news.artnet.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Wow, how could I know, I dont
Try this my learned friend

Adam and Eve were Chinese
Does that answer your question

I should put a stupid emo face but that would be a little churlish

And to say I don't believe in science is retarded, I don't believe in pseudo science, just a heads up

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join