It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remains of 4,000-year-old lost city with 230-foot-tall pyramid and pits filled with human SKULLS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: musicismagic

I happen to know many of African desent,they look nothing like asians,not in physical stature nor color or eyes,couldn't of picked 2 races far apart

That doesn't mean they don't exist. I was reading this website where he claims ancient China was mostly black and the warriors depicted in the famous terra cotta army were mostly black or at least multiracial. He goes on to show pictures but the site is so large and rambling, I don't want to spend an hour finding exact links. The reason it is not that way now is due to invasions from the west. One African tribe he cited was the San people. san tribe Some of them do appear to have some asian looking features.

musicismagic also cites American Indians as having Asian features. Most that I have met on the east coast don't look asian to me but I believe some do as they were supposed to have migrated here from Asia.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

edit on 25-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: wrong thread

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I prefer to think that the pit of skulls was actually the skulls of enemies taken in battle that were previously used to adorn their homes, but then some bourgeoisie decorator came along and told them "Those are soooo outdated!" so they just threw them in a hole like trash and replaced them with animal rib bone wind chimes.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well theres also sumeria in the me though. And, as I’m sure you know the Indus Valley civ in modern Pakistan
a reply to: Raggedyman

edit on 25-8-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
a reply to: pheonix358

Yea, I hate that skull stuff too. Everyone is tuned into how the Mayans cut off heads and bounced them down the pyramid steps but there have also been caves of skulls and collections that were sacred burial grounds as well. We just have to make something sinister out of everything, it seems.
while the maya did practice some human sacrifice, I think you are referencing the Aztecs. Also in that case they did practice human sacrifice rituals. It’s not just European bias.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Groot

and several pits filled with sacrificial human skulls.

I hate when they do this. They have no idea why the skulls are all together ... so it must be some perverted ritual.

If you unearth a crematorium in a thousand years ... will they claim it was sacrifices to the Sun God?

Nope. Crematoriums don't actually have proof of a Sun God. Nor do they place the ashes in ritual setups. In order to say that a site has ritual significance, a number of conditions have to be met.

It simply could be a different burial practice but hey, that does not make the public go wow and without the wow factor, they don't receive any huge stashes of grant money.

There's not a lot of grant money... and in any case, the Chinese government is not particularly generous. In a communist country, jobs and salaries are fixed and fixed at a fairly low rate.

There's also a difference between types of sacrifices and simple burials and various types of burials like sky burials (defleshing a corpse and allowing the vultures to eat them.)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I think he was just speculating about a hypothetical situation when he said crematorium. There's nothing about that in the article. The article does say these were ritual mass sacrifices.

Researchers say mass sacrifices were also commonplace at Shimao, with six pits containing decapitated human heads discovered at the site on the outer rampart alone. Human remains and jade objects associated with sacrifice were found at other Shimao monuments, as well. ‘The jade objects and human sacrifice may have imbued the very walls of Shimao with ritual and religious potency, amplifying its significance as a monumental center, enhancing the protective efficacy of the walls and making this a place of power in every sense,’ the authors wrote.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
if you notice, black people have asian looks and so do the spanish and american indians and even those in the bushes of Australia .

Who's to say that the Chinese don't have features that look like the Natives?

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Ok, so I am going to start flooding this site with something other than political crap.

SnF..

I don't know about you, but I'm having fun know.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

There is and I am only guessing when I say China but I still think China for a few reasons

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

You've started a couple great threads in the last few days -- keep it up!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
How fascinating. To be on a team that finds something like this and works on it must be a dream. We know so little about our past but slowly we are learning more with each new find.

I wonder what it would have looked like in its prime. Hopefully they will keep us updated on progress, as normally it just fades away and away from the news.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
Ok, so I am going to start flooding this site with something other than political crap.

It's late, I'm tired and cranky.

Archaeologists have discovered the remains of a lost city in China that thrived more than 4,000 years ago. On a ridge above China’s Tuwei River, researchers found a massive stepped pyramid that once served as a palace center, along with defensive stone walls, tool-making debris, and several pits filled with sacrificial human skulls. The Bronze Age discoveries challenge our understanding of early Chinese civilization and settlement, suggesting the loess highland was home to a complex society long before the traditionally assumed ‘centers’ emerged in the Central Plains

Read the link as you please

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Thanks mate, I'm tired of the Political crap, rather something interesting and worth my time.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Hey man, I was pulling your leg a bit in that post. Despite different perspectives, I star a lot of your posts when they're aimed at pseudos and pretentious folk. I'll own that I can be both of those things at times.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Well my apologies, I find I can be a tad sensitive re my beliefs about the value of science in society
Re creation it's a faith, it doesn't conflict with my opinion re other scientific opinions.
Mind you I think I might have flipped my opinions about modern medicines and natural medicines because of this site recently

Cheers

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
They always seem to find skulls, but somehow, they can't ever find any of the headless skeletons...

It's lucky they keep on 'discovering' skulls, which is the best part to find, all grouped together, in huge underground pits!

Nobody would ever care to find a pile of feet, anyway!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

As one who has lived here for 11 years come October I can tell you that salaries are definitely NOT fixed or determined by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party). It's very much a market economy outside of govt jobs and the school system. I have local staff who are paid more than Xi Jinping on a monthly basis. Police officers get bonuses for managing not to have repeat calls for emergency assistance from the same number/location, believe me when they come to a domestic or commercial issue... it's either fixed the first time they come or it's recategorized as something else to which they won't respond (mostly commercial disputes). Doctor's can make in excess of 5-6k USD per month due to hong bao (red bag) gifts from patients and families.

There is grant money to be had however if anything about human sacrifice is even remotely a possibility the government will either tightly control the site/access/people or deny it all together and potentially destroy the site. The official stance is that human sacrifice in any form has never happened in China, period, at all, ever, natta, zip, zero and that's final.

Unofficially a few scientists and archaeologists may "share" some information with the outside regarding human sacrifices but I doubt that is occurring much these days with the resurgence (enforcement) of Chinese thought (What the CCP says you should think).

I have visited some sites similar to this one. I felt that a few of them could have had human/animal sacrifices done in/around them.

To the other poster... the Terra Cotta Warriors were not black, don't look black nor African or proto-African. At all. Nice try. They do look indigenous asian like a cross between a modern Chinese person and a Mongolian native or ethnic local person. I've seen them up close 3 times and even paid the extra fee to stand in the pit with repaired ones and ones that were partially excavated. Almost the most impressive site I've seen in China.

Thanks for the post OP! Stars for you!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

"To the other poster... the Terra Cotta Warriors were not black, don't look black nor African or proto-African. At all. Nice try. They do look indigenous asian like a cross between a modern Chinese person and a Mongolian native or ethnic local person. I've seen them up close 3 times and even paid the extra fee to stand in the pit with repaired ones and ones that were partially excavated. Almost the most impressive site I've seen in China."

Thanks for setting that straight. Now I know it's not true. Never having been there, all I know is from what I have read. It's difficult to tell from the pictures exactly what they looked like.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
if you notice, black people have asian looks and so do the spanish and american indians and even those in the bushes of Australia .

I just saw a video about this. It does indicate shared ancestry (that is, Asians apparently became Native Americans) and many other people have a trace of Asian ancestry, including some northern European white folks who have a slightly Asian shaped eye.

The vid also pointed out a certain group of Africans with Asian eyes, who apparently did NOT get that trait from Asian ancestry, unlike practically every other group on Earth which shows some trace of Asian-shaped eyes (from ancestry).

So... whatever sense that makes lol. I'm glad nowadays we have DNA testing to hopefully figure out humankind's history better.

DNA testing does seem to indicate that we all came from Africa, although the Asians do seem to have the longest continuous structured civilization...

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

You've started a couple great threads in the last few days -- keep it up!

Thanks, I will try to drown out the political crap.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join