It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Kanehbosom and is it being kept from the masses?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The following is a cut and paste from a pretty in depth article on Kaneh-Bosom and it’s biblical use. I use CBD Oil to relieve pain/inflammation, anixiety, help skin issues and IBS. I used to be a wreck but now, using this biblical oil I feel so much better and am almost completely pain free and sleep like a baby. For me it’s literally a miracle.

At some point I would like to make this anointing oil because, why not? I have the oil, I just need to source the other ingredients. Anyone have experience making Kanneh-Bosom Holy Anointing Oil?

Then the Lord said to Moses, “take the following fine spices: 500 shekels of liquid myrrh, half as much of fragrant cinnamon, 250 shekels of kannabosm, 500 shekels of cassia – all according to the sanctuary shekel – and a hind of olive oil. Make these into make these into a sacred annoiting oil, a fragrant blend, the work of a perfumer. It will be the sacred annoiting oil.

Then use it to anoint the tent of the meeting, the ark of the testimony, the table and all its articles, the lampstand and its accessories, the altar of incense, the altar of
Burnt offering and all its utensils, and the basin with its stand. You shall consecrate them so they will be most holy, and whatever touches them will be holy.

Anoint Aaron and his sons and consecrate them so they may serve me as preists. Say to the Israelites, “this is to be my sacred anointing oil for the generations to come. Do not pour it on men’s bodies and do not make any oil with the same formula. It is sacred, and you are to consider it sacred. Whoever makes perfume like it and whoever puts it on anyone other than a preist must be cut off from his people.”

Exodus 30:22-33

Link

So, more to the point of the thread. Does anyone think there’s a conspiracy to keep this healing plant out of our hands? It was used for thousands of years and then, just within recent history it has been demonized and mistranslated out of the current Christian bibles.

I don’t know if it’s a concerted conspiracy or not but it wouldn’t surprise me if there were cabals of elites or whatever that would rather people not explore mind altering substances that cause people to question their existence and the reality of it all. Of course, CBD isn’t mind altering but it’s most likely the original kaneh-bosom was.
edit on 17-8-2018 by GoldenBrain71 because: Added details.

edit on 17-8-2018 by GoldenBrain71 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/8/2018 by ArMaP because: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The plant known as kaneh-bosm in Aramaic is considered by most mainstream Biblical scholars to be calamus, an herb with well-known medicinal effects. But some people believe that kaneh-bosm is actually cannabis

www.vice.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Gee. Calamus. Right there in the KJV.

They're f# with your Bible, everyone.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

The plant known as kaneh-bosm in Aramaic is considered by most mainstream Biblical scholars to be calamus, an herb with well-known medicinal effects. But some people believe that kaneh-bosm is actually cannabis

www.vice.com...

In google translator from Yiddish to English kanehbosem means cannabis.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: GoldenBrain71

Thank you for posting this! I've never heard of Kaneh-bosom before, and now I'm quite intrigued. My husband and I have often wondered -- only half jokingly -- if cannabis was Moses' "burning bush."

The word cannabis was generally thought to be of Scythian origin, but Benet showed that it has a much earlier origin in Semitic languages like Hebrew, and that it appears several times throughout the Old Testament. Benet explained that “in the original Hebrew text of the Old Testament there are references to hemp, both as incense, which was an integral part of religious celebration, and as an intoxicant.”

Benet demonstrated that the word for cannabis is kaneh-bosm, also rendered in traditional Hebrew as kaneh or kannabus. The root kan in this construction means “reed” or “hemp”, while bosm means “aromatic”. This word appears five times in the Old Testament; in the books of Exodus, the Song of Songs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel.

The word kaneh-bosm has been mistranslated as calamus, a common marsh plant with little monetary value that does not have the qualities or value ascribed to kaneh-bosm. The error occurred in the oldest Greek translation of the Hebrew Bible, the Septuagint in the third century BC, and was repeated in the many translations that followed.”

It's especially intriguing in that this was about the same time that the Hebrews' female divinity -- Astarte, or the Shekaneh...She-kaneh -- was vilified and demonized by the patriarchy. Shekaneh was also symbolic of divine wisdom. (Note: There are various spellings for Shekaneh. I chose this one for obvious purposes.)

Hmmmmmmmm.....

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thank you for posting this! I've never heard of Kaneh-bosom before, and now I'm quite intrigued. My husband and I have often wondered -- only half jokingly -- if cannabis was Moses' "burning bush."

Joe Rogan has pointed out many times it may be a plant that contains psychedelics such as D-M-T. Take that with a grain or block of salt... Either way it is interesting to delve into history and humor different ideas for why things the way they were.
edit on 17-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Regardless of translations, God said, in the bible, that all plants and grasses were for man to use. (Paraphrased)

The recent prohibition came from the US and spread to the rest of the world via UN policies. I doubt we will see a change in that in our lifetimes so just do what works for you. I've read stories of people saying that applying (full-spectrum) cannabis oil on their skin-cancers (at least daily) cured said skin cancer. No smoking, no ingesting, just a topical application.

Caveat emptor. As always.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

The recent prohibition came from the US and spread to the rest of the world via UN policies. I doubt we will see a change in that in our lifetimes so just do what works for you. I've read stories of people saying that applying (full-spectrum) cannabis oil on their skin-cancers (at least daily) cured said skin cancer. No smoking, no ingesting, just a topical application.

That's a shame if true, although it looks like the tides are turning here in the states, prohibition will probably be reversed for most of the country in the next few cycles.

Once people start seeing the tax $$ to be made they may follow suit.

I've heard of this referenced to the Bible though before.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Well, if you wondered that, then here’s something to chew on: the burning bush was a species of the acacia family and is loaded with D-M-T. It’s (D-M-T) not called the “spirit molecule” for nothing.

ETA: Critical Stinker already laid it down.
edit on 17-8-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: ETA

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Very interesting -- thank you!

Something else to add to my never ending list of things to check out further... but I wouldn't have it any other way

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This part very plainly describes the penalty for unauthorized use.

WHOEVER MAKES PERFUME LIKE IT AND WHOEVER PUTS IT ON ANYONE OTHER THAN A PREIST MUST BE CUT OFF FROM HIS PEOPLE.”

If the bible has any merit, it would seem that god does not want the average person using this stuff.
edit on 17-8-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

WHOEVER MAKES PERFUME LIKE IT AND WHOEVER PUTS IT ON ANYONE OTHER THAN A PREIST MUST BE CUT OFF FROM HIS PEOPLE.”

If the bible has any merit, it would seem that god does not want the average person using this stuff.

That’s an interesting point. It would be nice if the reasons why for things were made more clear in the Bible. That might lend it more credibility than it is now with so much open to interpretation and lack of proof and all that Jazz

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoldenBrain71

That’s an interesting point. It would be nice if the reasons why for things were made more clear in the Bible. That might lend it more credibility than it is now with so much open to interpretation and lack of proof and all that Jazz

People spoke differently in the days of Shakespeare, so fast forward over a thousand years before and there could be some noticeable differences. The New Testament was also originally written in Greek, and has been translated many times through many years.

As things can get lost in translation, whether it's the terminology or actual translation, it will always be open to interpretation.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

People spoke differently in the days of Shakespeare, so fast forward over a thousand years before and there could be some noticeable differences. The New Testament was also originally written in Greek, and has been translated many times through many years.

As things can get lost in translation, whether it's the terminology or actual translation, it will always be open to interpretation.

Things haven’t been clear in the Bible for a lot longer than Shakespeare’s day. We speak modern English and so did Shakespear. Before him was old English that neither of us would probably be able to understand. I’d say the stories got muddied up about 329 AD.

The word Kaneh-Bosom goes back a little further than that. I’m sure there’s a linguist or two on this forum that could chime in.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

There were a lot of books about this type of thing written back in the 70's. I too believe this substance was cannabis but this particular oil described here must have just included it for magical reasons. I can't see how it would have much effect mixed that way. Also, I doubt it was as pure as what we have today. Hemp oil is usually made from the seeds.

Cannabis does go back. From the literature I've seen, they didn't smoke it the way we do today. They burned it in bowls in an enclosed room.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The following is a cut and paste from a pretty in depth article on Kaneh-Bosom and it’s biblical use. I use CBD Oil to relieve pain/inflammation, anixiety, help skin issues and IBS. I used to be a wreck but now, using this biblical oil I feel so much better and am almost completely pain free and sleep like a baby. For me it’s literally a miracle.

At some point I would like to make this anointing oil because, why not? I have the oil, I just need to source the other ingredients. Anyone have experience making Kanneh-Bosom Holy Anointing Oil?

Well, as the text says, it's not for use by anyone but a priest.

It's only used to consecrate buildings and is not used for healing.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

www.vice.com...

Just FYI... Yiddish is a modern reconstruction language. It's not Hebrew; it's a variant of German

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

www.vice.com...

Just FYI... Yiddish is a modern reconstruction language. It's not Hebrew; it's a variant of German

Good to know. For some reason I thought is was much older.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Be aware: "You shall speak to the sons of Israel, saying, ‘This shall be a holy anointing oil to Me throughout your generations. It shall not be poured on anyone’s body, nor shall you make any like it in the same proportions; it is holy, and it shall be holy to you. Whoever shall mix any like it or whoever puts any of it on a layman shall be cut off from his people.’” Exodus 30:31-33.

So, I wouldn't recommend that you make it up as anointing oil in those proportions.

None the less, an interesting OP. One I'll have to research further.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Things haven’t been clear in the Bible for a lot longer than Shakespeare’s day. We speak modern English and so did Shakespear. Before him was old English that neither of us would probably be able to understand. I’d say the stories got muddied up about 329 AD.

The word Kaneh-Bosom goes back a little further than that. I’m sure there’s a linguist or two on this forum that could chime in.

Hebrew is a pictographic language much like Egyptian Hieroglyphs, where the words are built up from letters that each have a meaning on their own. So words are a chaining together of sub-meanings of the letters.

Hebrew is resistant to change of the meaning of entire words. This is because, if the meaning of the word changed, then the sub-meanings of its letters would have to change. This change to the meaning of even a single letter would poison the meanings of the entire dictionary of words built from that letter.

The Hebrew word 'besem' בֶּשֶׂם used in the passage in Exodus, means sweet, perfume or balsam.

The Hebrew word 'qaneh' קָנֶה used in the passage in Exodus, means a reed, stalk, cane or a measuring rod. It implies a long straight stem, stick or tube. Calmus is a reed. Cannabis is not.

Together, the two words most likely meaning is 'sweet cane' which is a traditional name for Calamus. It has been also theorized that this spice could have been lemongrass, but this is considered less likely due to the skin reactions caused by lemongrass.

Also, the word order used is 'besem qaneh' not 'qaneh besem', so someone switched the words around to make it sound like cannabis in English. In Hebrew, cannabis is ˈkanebes חֲשִׁישׁ or hemp קַנָבוֹס

I'd say it is highly unlikely that it is talking about cannabis in Exodus.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join