It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago police confronted for planting bait car full of Nikes in the Ghetto

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: hunterTheory

If your boyfriend had taken the bike, he would have deserved to be arrested. Stealing is a crime.

And what if the boyfriend's intent was to take the bike home and call the cops to report it as found property but the cops catch him before he ever has the opportunity to call the cops?
edit on 4-8-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This is a class separation tactic and I don't like it. They should leave a backpack full of coc aine in a rich neighborhood and see what happens.

edit on 4-8-2018 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Bet the crowd assumed it was free gifts from The Mayor.

😃

Naw. O'Barry giving back to his voter base. If O'Barry had a son...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
We wuz kingz before the hood that’s why we like nikes and Jordan’s

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
This is a class separation tactic and I don't like it. They should leave a backpack full of coc aine in a rich neighborhood and see what happens.

then it wouldn't be America would it.

kinda like the opiod crisis is a 'medical' issue as opposed to calling out a war on drugs and destroying lives for ounces of weed, which is now legal.

'murka

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
People making excuses for criminals is part of the problem with society.

Crime pays in today's world.

Very good point.
The lack of basic morals in this thread is astounding.
What the heck is wrong with people today?

those pretending to not know what's happening here is the lack of moral here, and lack of humanism.

sounds like you already convinced your subconscious this is right.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

What I can't wrap my brain around is people who want less government supporting this.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: BlueAjah

Entrapment is when a person is forced or coerced to do something that they normally would not do.

You are mistaken. What you describe is duress or coercion.

Youre saying that blacks cannot resist a free truckload of premium sneakers so it shouldnt be against the law?

Dont we make enough excuses for them already?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Do you believe it’s shady at all or 100% drag em to jail

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Aww no Tom Ford?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

a reply to: gamer2343

Do you really think that these same people would never have stolen anything just because the police did not put something there?

We will never know, will we?

Not everyone that comes from the ghetto or the projects is a thief.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Much better uses of time and money, I don't like it, certainly doesn't promote goodwill between LEO's and the public.

But how much sense does it make in real life — a high-tech, high-priced crime pursuit that mostly gleans low-hanging fruit?

articles.latimes.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I think it's supported because it puts "undesirables" into the crime database.
Especially good for those who have no police record yet. Now they can be tracked.

It's just an awful, racist thing to do.

Why not bait an Ivy League College with Cell phones and tablets?
There would be takers, we all know there would be.
oh, those ornery college boys and their pranks!

I suppose one answer would be to park cars full of donuts and Barry Manilow records, near the police stations.
Irresistible to some "types" of people yeah?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

While police were focusing on this "major sting entrapment", 3 people were murdered not far away in separate incidents.

Chicago police priorities are all screwed up.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Why not bait an Ivy League College with Cell phones and tablets? 
There would be takers, we all know there would be. 

I wouldn't have a problem with that either. Round up all the people without the ability to not take things that don't belong to them.

The one I really don't like is when they stage a $5000 bicycle just so they can tag some idiot with a felony.

Entrapment, btw, is typically reserved for when the police actually encite someone to break the law. The FBI asking someone to take part in a faux-bombing should be entrapment. If the police had someone undercover saying, "I will give you $75 for each box of Nikes you drop at my shop later" or "hey, I'll give you $100 bucks if you nab that bike for me" and hands him a pair of bolt -cutters then they would be enciting a crime. Just giving people the opportunity to break the law isn't entrapment.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

You may not have a problem with it, But I just don't think that scenario would ever play.
I just don't think they would try this entrapment game on kids that had lawyers for parents.
too hard.

Go Ghettem in the Ghettos.
They have no money to fight the charges there. Probably not many decent role models. Probably a rough time growing up.
and now a criminal record.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

You may not have a problem with it, But I just don't think that scenario would ever play. 

Well, you're wrong. There are bait bike programs on nearly every university, for example.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The problem is it is a method to entice people to do something they normally would not, nor were they planning on doing it. Why not set up a really nice tax "loop" for people who make over a million per year that is basically illegal, but is seen as easy thing to do with zero chance to get caught, other than it is a full sting and everyone who does it goes to jail.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Well, you're wrong. There are bait bike programs on nearly every university, for example.

Well true and they are after people who purposely steal bikes... throw 100 dollar sneakers in the back of an open car in a poor area and I see that as something different. Kind of like offering a fat kid ice cream and then busting him for eating something that will help make him fatter...

edit on 5-8-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: gamer2343

Nikes? No, never.

Adidas? Well, then kind of ... No.

Allen Edmonds? Hell yeah baby! Come to daddyyy!

And I can tell you, even the Judge would go: any good ones there?
edit on 5-8-2018 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join