It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive spike in OD's in Philadelphia, 165 people in 2 days

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

What i really think it is is a neighborhood with dancin skills.

Ghetto=peeps that can dance living in close proximity

edit on 28-7-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

UPDATE: The health department reported additional test results late Friday on drug packets related to last weekend’s overdose spike, concluding, “The Department of Public Health now believes that 5F-ADB was the primary cause of the cluster of patients with these adverse drug reactions.”

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
This is a direct result of the illegal drug trade. Cartels, gangs and police officers are handling our addicted populations and not doctor's and the medical community.

Source

He was one of 165 people who landed in Philadelphia hospitals over two days last weekend for opioid-related overdoses, more than twice as many as usual. According to the city Department of Public Health, the overdose cluster included about 10 deaths, which was in line with the typical rate in the city.

First off, this is more than an accident. This is an attack and should be viewed as such. Secondly, where I live (near Philly) nobody would even notice because OD's are just a daily occurrence. They are literally happening by the hour. I am in a FB group that follows crime in my area to stay up on what's happening due to the high volume of crime here. Can't wait to move in a few months.

Back to my original point. This is a direct result of the insane Drug War. The largest failure in policy in American history. In 200 years people (if they still exist) will look back at this as a total disaster and probably one of the largest disasters in American history.

No this is a direct result of people making poor choices which often leaves the tax payers to pick up the tab...free needle exchanges, narcane, methadone, drug friendly zones etc...someones poor choice has resulted in a overdose..nobody is forcing them to do heroine. Wouldn't have to worry about the drug trade if people were not so selfishly indulgent.
edit on 28-7-2018 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

some people are gonna do drugs no matter what unless we find some other form of existence.

the problem here featured in the op i have highlighted in my previous post.

Looking back to the stats all the way back before electricity the story has been the same that about 10% of the population is gonna get high.

The outrage while looking down on those among us that get high is a literal waste of peoples time along with the war on drugs.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

so it's localized to the Philly area supply chain

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: toysforadults

Shouldn't we be blaming the drug problem on the people taking the drugs?
The liquor store doesnt cause drunk driving.

I would blame the alphabet agencies that poor drugs and weapons into certain areas and which target certain racial groups.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

so it's localized to the Philly area supply chain

as far as someone adding the fake ass weed into the heroin and elephant killer..yes

i read that the cops have shut down that corner. seriously

this imo is a case of a killer spiking an unregulated supply chain
edit on 28-7-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

yeah it's pretty obvious the evil potheads deserve death for their indiscretion

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Geez!! really?? maybe dancing and such have more to do with general AA culture than their economic standing, wealthy or not.
But I've heard it said, and for the life of me I can't ,remember who said it , so I can give proper credit... But it goes something like this.
The most dangerous place black folks to exist, is within in the minds of " some" white ppl.
edit on 28-7-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

This is a direct result of the illegal drug trade. Cartels, gangs and police officers are handling our addicted populations and not doctor's and the medical community.

Source

He was one of 165 people who landed in Philadelphia hospitals over two days last weekend for opioid-related overdoses, more than twice as many as usual. According to the city Department of Public Health, the overdose cluster included about 10 deaths, which was in line with the typical rate in the city.

First off, this is more than an accident. This is an attack and should be viewed as such. Secondly, where I live (near Philly) nobody would even notice because OD's are just a daily occurrence. They are literally happening by the hour. I am in a FB group that follows crime in my area to stay up on what's happening due to the high volume of crime here. Can't wait to move in a few months.

Back to my original point. This is a direct result of the insane Drug War. The largest failure in policy in American history. In 200 years people (if they still exist) will look back at this as a total disaster and probably one of the largest disasters in American history.

No this is a direct result of people making poor choices which often leaves the tax payers to pick up the tab...free needle exchanges, narcane, methadone, drug friendly zones etc...someones poor choice has resulted in a overdose..nobody is forcing them to do heroine. Wouldn't have to worry about the drug trade if people were not so selfishly indulgent.

People want to attribute blame or assert their explanations and solutions. Sure, 'selfishly indulgent' is a very good description of a lot of people with Class A addictions and they certainly do make 'poor choices.'

It's still a bigger and more widespread issue than you seem to believe. For instance, a lot of young drug addicts got that way because they were abused as children and couldn't succeed in school. There's PTSD and there are broken childhoods with absentee parents. The groundwork for becoming an addict can happen when they were still babies meaning they've skipped some stages of development and have faulty decision-making.

Getting them on supportive programs can save taxpayers a lot of money. It reduces crime and that's something that affects all of us. It can break the cycle of ruined children and give the next generation more chances. Fewer people in prison. Less criminal activity and better parenting. More employment opportunities etc. Drug addiction ruins lives for relatives, neighbours, communities and children.

Some need locking up and most need help and rehabilitation. Overall it looks like treatment interventions have far more long-term success than alternatives.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

yea them evil potheads should quit and send me their stash

this was a fake cannabinoid likely made by our friends in china.

not in the same realm as weed at all. that is why i said fake ass weed

this stuff is liquid that they spray on various fake weeds to sell in the convenience stores and such

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Geez!! really?? maybe dancing and such have more to do with general AA culture than their economic standing wealthy or not.
But I've heard it said, and for the life of me I can't ,remember who said so I can give proper credit... But it goes something like this.
The most dangerous place black folks can live is in the minds of " some" white ppl.

i wish i could dance...not everything is derogatory

many blacks have a yuge hurdle in front of them and that is believing that everything is racist.

i was watchin 50cent on the view days ago and he was asked bout the recent "outbreak" of permit patti

his response was excellent in noting that with all the cameras now days we are just finally seeing it

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Geez!! really?? maybe dancing and such have more to do with general AA culture than their economic standing wealthy or not.
But I've heard it said, and for the life of me I can't ,remember who said so I can give proper credit... But it goes something like this.
The most dangerous place black folks can live is in the minds of " some" white ppl.

i wish i could dance...not everything is derogatory

many blacks have a yuge hurdle in front of them and that is believing that everything is racist.

i was watchin 50cent on the view days ago and he was asked bout the recent "outbreak" of permit patti

his response was excellent in noting that with all the cameras now days we are just finally seeing it

Very true.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
backtrack the names of the victims ...

everything is connected ..

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

No because some people are still like kids where candy is concerned, instant gratification. The prisons are full of thick people. If theirs heroin on the streets it will bought instead of food, so the dealers of this stuff have no moral code with regards to their fellow man. This comes from the top.. China ended its opium epidemic overnight because they had the will.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

The most dangerous place black folks to exist, is within in the minds of " some" white ppl.

get the hell out of here, the most dangerous place for a black person to live is in a predominantly black neighborhood

man get real with yourself

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Opium from Afghanistan + Fentanyl from China = Opioid OD Epidemic.

The companies here in China care not about what they export, they only care about money. They willingly mislabel chemical shipment routinely. And of course the cheaper factories will provide things of lower quality than more expensive ones.

Then of course you have the dealers/distributors who cut the heroin with fentanyl.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
It is not about making money, even at the top.

How about China? They are cutting cheap drugs into the heroin...

So you'd believe that China, in the end, is simply a drug dealer, who cuts cheap drugs in, to make more money?

No. This is not about making more money. It is for mass death.

It appears to be for money, but it is merely the cover story.

Illegal drugs are among the most profitable businesses in the world.

And do you know why?

Because they have the very same customers, buying their product, every day, or every week, for the past 10-15 years.

Does it make sense to kill all of your long-time, paying customers? No.

All businesses want to keep customers, who will buy more of their products.

Killing your customers, whether from China, or the streets, doesn't make sense. Unless your business is murder.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   
So let me get this straight. Its not about money. Its about cutomers who buy the priduct. Mmmkay.

0a reply to: turbonium1

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Oh please. Drug addicts just want to die happy. Leave them alone. Their problems are over. Why is that a problem for us?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join