It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive spike in OD's in Philadelphia, 165 people in 2 days

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
There must be a bad batch out there that is cut with a large (relatively speaking, since it is unbelievably strong) dose of fentanyl. if the addict doesnt anticipate it being in there and doses like normal, they are going to OD immediately......that is why Narcan is so important to get out there in the community.

I was about to opine the same until I saw your post. The thing about Narcan though is that it doesn't have the same effects on OD victims who have purposely or accidentally used heroine that has been laced with fentanyl. Where a usual heroine overdose can be saved with usually one dose of narcan those who have overdosed with the deadly heroine/fentanyl combo require 4-5 doses of narcan- and even then it is often not enough.

yes, Narcan doesnt work as quickly on fentanyl ODs due to how powerful it is, and each nasal kit only has 2 doses unfortunately

Some of the dealers are spiking the dope with carfentanil which, as you know, is significantly more potent than fentanyl. If the dealers dry mix the spike, any small inhomogeneity is cause for concern. Dopers and dueling dealers are using significant medical resources to save their sorry a$$es so they can go out and do again what got them in trouble, originally. These idiot dopers are out looking for the potent stuff to take. Narcan is an enabler letting them dance on the edge thinking that they'll be saved. Maybe after each Narcan save, they are jailed for enough time to go through a withdrawal. Consider it training.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I'm firmly in the camp of legalization but....we are so used to being cattle for our government and blaming everyone but ourselves so I'm not sure, with the country the way it is right now, that would be successful. And isn't that shameful?

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I wonder why the OD'd , or suppliers aren't being charged with felonies. Why is there no war on opioid like the war on drugs for certain people a while back for weed and ruin entire lives with felonies...

I'm just glad they're being treated as ill and not criminals.
Must be nice.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Tougher laws and about 300 million more prison beds should solve the problem.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Opiates will always deceive, whether outlawed or legalized.
There will always be an opportunity for someone to try it.
Some, will get the euphoria that they will forever seek, which is the inevitable addiction.
They will soon learn that that first time, will be the best they will ever feel again.
A timeless, dangerous drug, and only education can save people from it.

I, like many, have known people that this drug has killed.
Some used it for pain control, but others used it for recreation.
Either way, it killed them.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   
This is 100% an attack by both Mexico and China by way of manufacturing Fentynal and Carfentynal and selling it to non-pharmaceutical companies. Not long ago I found a seller in china that would sell both of them from 10g up to 100kg of it and ship it "discretely" meaning they would change the label to something non-illegal. From what I have heard, production isn't just in China now and supposedly it is being made in Mexico, though IDK if I trust the reporting (it was Vice news) to be correct where they could have just meant it was being imported there instead.

If a KG of fentynal sneaks across the border, that is the same as 100kg of heroin, so it is much easier to get large amounts across. On top of that the profit from these sales makes the sale of heroin and coc aine look like selling candy bars due to the amount they can cut it to make insane profits.

The US needs to look at Mexico as a failed state. Their government is questionable at best in it's ability to manage it's people. It is basically a tribal run country (cartels being the tribes) with cartel representitves as governement officials. The reason nothing imporves down there is because they don't want it to and those in power are getting $ for protecting the cartels - OR - IF they are actually honest, they are in fear of their lives & family if they act against the cartels.

This is why the immigration problem exists partly. IDK how many legal immigrants from Mexico are part of the drug trade, I suspect there is a fairly large percentage (large being relative to normal people involved in smuggling), and they want to keep the drug money flowing and keep out the illegals, who will either cut in on their niche they have carved out or they know that many of them are not going to give immigrants (especially Mexican/latino's) a good name.

We need to install new technology on the border crossings (cars/trucks), offer more rewards for turning people in, have a different penalty for smugglers of certain things (and they don't go to a nice federal prison - outsource it to Thailand, China, North Korea, Brazil, Costa Rica, etc), increase border guards patrolling the border and get the ground penetrating radar machines running all along the border to find the tunnels - they can detect to 300m deep if set up correctly and spotting a tunnel should be easy. IDK why they don't use these on the whole border.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Drug dealers don't kill off their customers.

That is the last thing they'd do.

It is the cover story for the truth.

The ruling elite are behind this, as usual.

All the potent drugs are meant to kill people, and no other reason.

They are mixed with other drugs, and sold on streets. And no dealer has any idea of the potent mix he will be selling out...until later on. The dealer runs away, for his life.

Another dealer takes over, and will soon run away, too. And this goes on, forever.

This cannot benefit a dealer, in any way. Just the opposite, in fact.

It is mass murder, covered up as druggies who OD

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
My guess is that the manufacturer was just testing a new batch. Ooops, killed a few, back to the lab. The REAL culprits here are Congress and the legal distributors who are the middleman between the manufacturers and the hospitals.

This 60 minutes vid is an eye-opener. I try to link it in every new rug thread I see.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

When I lived in central PA (Mifflin County) about seven years ago, people talked a lot about how heroin "found its way into the hills". Exact words. Lots of sad stories.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

this state has one of the highest OD rates in the country, it's mostly due to economic conditions and ghetto culture

Ghetto culture?? You mean folks living In suburbia are not responsible for their own conditions??..I mean that's what some said to folks living in "Da ghetto or da hood" back when crack was a thing.[
edit on 28-7-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Generally speaking, addicts are responsible for their own condition, no matter where you find them. No one forces that first hit on you, and most everyone knows that an opioid painkiller has the potential to be addictive, even if the doctor prescribes it to you. Just because you get a large bottle doesn't mean the doctor intends for you to take it like candy.

Those things are only for when you can't bear the pain and the words "as needed for pain" are on the label for that reason.

And even then, some will get hooked.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Agreed.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

let me guess, "ghetto culture" to you is an attack on the black community right?

because everything is about race

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

let me guess, "ghetto culture" to you is an attack on the black community right?

because everything is about race

Only if you think all Blk ppl live in " Ghettoes "
I made no such assumptions.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It is being reported that fake ass mj is the culprit here.

Why all the opiate talk?

whyy.org...

Michael said he was unconscious for a full 24 hours after taking the drugs. Bags with the “Santa Muerte” stamp — which means “holy death” in Spanish — were found with many of the others involved in last weekend’s surge of overdoses.

It does seem to be a mixed bag of reporting though.
edit on 28-7-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

so you think ghetto culture is a good thing?

how is glorifying violence, gangs, drugs and prostitution good for any community?

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

so you think ghetto culture is a good thing?

how is glorifying violence, gangs, drugs and prostitution good for any community?

Donno what is ghetto culture??

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Hood rats chicken heads and thugs all centralized into one specific location?

Usually for the advancement of the drug and sex trade?

At least that is what main stream tells us.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Oh. You want to ignore reality. Got it.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Oh soo you think all that's what it is?? Lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join