It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm questioning my sanity.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat
Really? Questioning your sanity. And here I am just merely questioning your perceptive. Anyways, what you have described seems pretty lame. But hey! Perceptions are perceived.

This reality in a lot of ways is like this internet were all chatting on. Everybody writing down there viewpoint on this and that but in all there just at the end of the day agreeing with themselves. Whats more real a vision of a house that fades or the opinions of random strangers on an internet site?

Its merely a matter of perceptive perspective. I suppose you want a label, you know society in general is all about that, labeling things. Having a label means you exist, and in today's world demographic of said existence is also required. For instance all the things and every person real, or not real, bot, or sockpupet, or whatever, all and everything on this site on the internet in fact.

I label as "internet stuffs" it is the label that had been decreed down by me and stands as reality. Now if you want to be labeled as schizophrenic, you need to work harder at it. Don't be lazy now, try harder.

Let me ask you a question? Have you chosen Donald Trump and the Federal Reserve as you one and only savior? Many of the people on this site have. You should to. Better then seeing ghost houses no? But in the end your both and all just seeing something, that just isn't there.

A

edit on 11pmSaturdaypm212018f6pmSat, 21 Jul 2018 23:51:12 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: I was going to write more stuff but changed my mind.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: tayton

When u first saw the house and tried the pic thing why didn't
You go check it out, I woulda!

That’s what I was thinking

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Something similar...

When I was a little kid (maybe 7 or 8), I kept having a dream of walking through an old white house in the woods.

In the dreams, I knew exactly where this house was located because of it's juxtaposition to a dumpsite a couple miles away from where we lived back then.

I eventually went to the dumpsite with my friends...and found and followed the path I walked in my dreams.
I told my friends there was an old white house up there....so we all decided to check it out.

We hiked the path...which turned out to be an old long driveway...and found only the old crumbled stone foundations of a house (the same size/shape/layout as the one in my dreams) with large old trees growing inside.

The house could've only existed long before I was born.

Past life?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
I've seen much stranger .... and was with others too that just won't talk about it, because it just doesn't quite fit the BOX we live in ..... Strange days indeed

Tell us tell us tell us! Don’t just tease us like that.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

No you didnt lose your mind; such a thing is impossible... as you nor anyone else has ever had one to begin with. Like the wind it comes and goes. Letting that thing called "thought" as temporary as breath go down and corrupt the heart? Is not a vital wind... it is a stale wind one of death and decay one not of real sight, sound, taste, smell or even touch.

Releasing oneself from those bad winds? Is the path to freedom...

So what were you seeing? A doubt.

Investigate doubts they have a nice way of putting that stale wind on pause to breathe new life into it.

Someone may have dreamed of a house there before pictured it so clearly... that when you were looking that image appeared; and all that was left? That small grey chunk or block of memory to cast the image of it to you, then vanish just as mysteriously.

Thats the problem with stale dead winds that repeat things they becomes huge walls or blocks of and to memory when such a thing is more like the impressions your teeth left in food or the tracks made leaving the scene... scared for your life, from a subtle impression another left? How many tiny worlds or lives were lost running a few MPH over your usual speed limit? Incalculable...

Of course the illusion is to make you think you were delusional; only so that an un-realised dream could appear and then all the life lost in fear could then in-dwell without "you" knowing. Since there isn't really a "you" but the ego demands there is? Such sees no issue in taking up residence however temporary or long such a thing lasts.

Meaning the loki sorts do have a place in the world/universe until such lessons are revelaved over time...

so whos eyes were true? A camera does not see it like memory only reflects so how can a camera reflect another reflection? When what you were seeing was a reflection of a past although occurring in a present projection? This is why back in the day or period equipment work best to capture anomaly than those that had yet to be created ever could... of course easy to yell hoax or film tamper etc on such things.

Really no different than how youtube matching tech can easily be called hoax just the same; so then people say reliable source.

Well the eye is not a reliable source, the ear is not a reliable source, the nose is not a reliable source, touch is not a reliable source, taste is not a reliable source, so how can anything issued by the mouth to another in all that transitory unreliability ever be considered anything one could rely on? When it is projected there just the same as the house/not house and called knowledge? Consider that Occam could cut emptiness just fine until atoms came about.// giving Occam such a quandary... what should then be uncreated?

It is just stale winds of change; being fearless to new wind no matter what or where that comes from? Means learning what is there to fear when the eyes became clear to a mind that had already placed change on something you previously said "never does" well it did. So what did that do but leave you with a question but it honestly wasn't a question but a well placed doubt; you needed to shake that foundation yourself and other call just that; a self.
edit on 22-7-2018 by BEBOG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: tayton

When u first saw the house and tried the pic thing why didn't
You go check it out, I woulda!

That’s what I was thinking

I said why a few posts down- mosquitoes that would carry me off, for the most part. I walked to the edge of the woods and got attacked by the bloodthirsty little SOBs. Between that, the excessive spider webs this summer. We had one completely determined to weave one over the front door. He was thinking far too big, like these 2
www.kelownanow.com... , and well- running into anything stinging while walloping the mosquitoes and scraping off spider webs- it can wait till it's colder.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

I hate to say this but, I wish this stuff would happen to me.

Trust me- but after a while- no ya don't. It is an annoyance- plus you get to be called (in the nicest possible terms, of course) a wackjob by various people. Plus, if you do want to work out what you might have seen, what it could have been, or try to figure out information- be prepared to dig, and still have people hollering from the sidelines about your mental state.

Plus- there are days I simply feel like I'm being toyed with by the universe at large. I got enough earthly, stupidnormal crap to put up with. :/

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Great story and thank you for sharing. I read an article not long ago about a young woman who knew she would eventually go blind due to an eye disease.

She began to see people and objects that no one else could see. She thought not only was she losing her eye sight but she was going to lose her mind too. Actually what had happened was her eyesight had gotten so bad without her realizing it her brain was creating and inserting images of things her eyes could not clearly see.

Now hers was an extreme case but it may be a problem with your eyes that you don’t know about.

Then again, you may have witnessed something that is just beyond the veil

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Gosh OP, a ghost-house and a shade
would make me very afraid.

To most people the supernatural doesn't intrude on our lives often, but when it does it kicks you right in the ... err (remember your anti-social graces), it hits you right between the eyes!

Sleep tight everyone, don't let the Incubus bite!

As I was going up the stairs
In a house that wasn't there
It wasn't there again today
How I wish it would move away.

edit on 22-7-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered
a reply to: angeldoll

Alrighty. I said I would leave this thread alone, but, I need to point out this is not schizophrenia. Doesn't even sound like schizophrenia, and he's stated he is beyond the age of on-set.

As a medical professional I can tell you most definitely many of the claims are INDEED symptomatic of schizophrenia.
He says hes beyond the onset age, but you can look through his posts from the past and he admitted he was diagnosed with the problem.

I wonder if any of these medical professionals have schizophrenia themselves or have experienced otherwordly effects which can be induced by a number of ways.

I have gone on some incredible journeys and the whole gamut of professionals i dealt with could not find a thing...some elevated mind activity for sure...

Usually they have no idea in the WORLD about this topic..since it is not controlled by medical substances.

I have gotten a few professionals to try some techniques to achieve insane levels of awareness..they said taking acid and good ol' Aya would be a welcome vacation from that kind of neural rewiring...lol and they no longer find interest in the line of work but are progressing with research in other areas with an entirely different persective.

edit on 22-7-2018 by ParasuvO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Sure, I have seen strange things in the sky, I even lived in a house that , I suppose was haunted, because over the years we had some quite odd things happen.

The difference is, Im not constantly posting thread after thread every week, some times every other day, where something absolutely unexplained happened to me, and dont worry, someone was there with me that can verify. Every. Single. Time.

And yet, with how frequent these claims are with this poster, we never see any evidence. If things were truly happening almost every single day to this poster like he claims, we would have some sort of evidence.

So , as I have said before, either his diagnosis is acting up, or hes posting for attention.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Then go to the political side and express your love of Trump. Sitting here whinging on makes you look like an idiot.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

Then go to the political side and express your love of Trump. Sitting here whinging on makes you look like an idiot.

What does this have to do with politics?

And for the record im not a huge Trump supporter nor did I vote for him

Your last post trying to deflect takes nothing away from everything I have said on this post, nor does it invalidate it.
Youre just pissed that I have pointed out the issue.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Youre just pissed that I have pointed out the issue.

No- I am not. I am sitting here watching some turd who marches into MY thread and acts like he's all that and a bag of chips. *I* am not looking for attention, but you certainly *are*. YOU want attention? Strip naked and go run the New York marathon. What I want is information.

So take your banal excuse, your insipid opinions, go find a flagpole, sit square on it, and rotate mightily. Meanwhile, I will go find out what I will. With or without ATS, and most definitely *without* your opinion.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
What I would do in that instance is take a calming breath, murmur something like "Yep", nod.. walk on.

I don't know what it was but I know stress is not good. Whether it is "other" or occult or not remains to be seen, the mind does play tricks on you. Stare into a dark mirror with a candle between you and it if you don't believe me, you will see things that are not there. (People often report visions of their face melting)

Just accept it as it is for what it is and if you see such things again, quietly acknowledge it and move on, or stay if you wish.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Blanket terms; only make for a tent city for those foolish enough in which to dwell... hey wanna go live and dwell in the ______ camp? All you have to do is claim it... and you too can be beta tested/guinea pigged for whatever it is you or others have tried to label you as... oh don't worry your attachment to this make believe nonsense as real; will make it and the profits generated thereof real enough for however long need be.

Sort of like people that don't like children but are expected to have children; send them away to private schools or abuse them to force them somewhere out of their way...

Society does the same thing with "undesirables or subversives"... people that do not fall in line with the prescribed program of society. Like if you are man you have to love sports, sit with you legs wide open and order a woman around a house one with a white picket fence and 2.5 children, complain about work and how your boss sucks... and over course keep all observed holidays, obey the law and kiss all military personals feet for keeping you "free".

Well is that the trope or the dream? Honestly it is BOTH. As either is just an example of two "ideals" and both are expected of a so called "good citizen" it's the same as being out of the way you blasted citizens just (government style).

Take care

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

It's likely we are being toyed with, and that taking any of it too seriously will lead to depression and behavior outside of the norm chosen for us as a whole, as a society. When the game changes so do we. It's stepping outside of our player status that gives us an edge. By that I mean, watching waiting and dissecting information that we're told is normal.

This is how entire Civilizations have been swayed, the hidden hand knows this better than anyone.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
People with mental health issues will usually imagine things that are normal to them.

People with demonic harassment will be harassed with, see and hear, supernatural entities, demons.

I am not making a prognosis. I am just stating a fact that may help you along the way.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Well, you sound pretty sane to me. Now it's time to have some fun...

I like your threads. You have some interesting experiences, and you tell the stories well. I can also identify with your experiences as I have also had similar experiences.

Furthermore, it's a welcome break from all the political nonsense. So, please don't hold back!

So, here is a similar experience that I had with seeing an apparition of a building that wasn't physically there, and what I learned from following up on the revelation:

About 10 years or so ago, I was helping my ex-wife's great uncle pack up a house he'd lived in for over 50 years. It was an old shack of a house that was nearly falling down. Over time as I explored the house and packed up it's contents it became clear to me that there was more to this property than met the eye.

To make a long story short, it appears that the house was built by an emancipated slave shortly after the end of the Civil War. Based on deed searches, census data, and other local historical references, I found that property he had acquired was from former slave owners and it was situated at the edge of their plantation.

One night as I was finishing up packing, I walked out of the house and noticed it had been raining. There was a light mist, but not a dense fog. It's not super dark because there's a relatively near-by street light.

As I looked up the road to make sure there was no oncoming traffic, I noticed a small house sitting in a lot that I knew was empty. I tried to adjust my position and squinted my eyes, but the apparition persisted. So, I decided to investigate.

As I walked up the street to get a better look, I kept my eyes on this phantom house; trying to determine how this optical illusion was created. Even from the opposite side of the street, directly in front of the "house", I could still see it.

So, I crossed the street and walked up the derelict stone steps leading to the abandoned lot. When I reached the top of the steps, all I found was the empty lot I had seen dozens of times without really noticing.

When I walked back down the street to get in my truck to go home, I could no longer see the apparition; no matter how hard I tried to reproduce the illusion. It was a minor curiosity at the time and I didn't dwell on it.

But, it got me more interested in the neighborhood as a whole. And I really wanted to know the story of the two abandoned lots where houses had clearly once stood. So, it was back to the local historical society and courthouse to find out more.

As I researched the deeds, a common name kept popping up. So, I looked at some of the deed history of other adjacent properties. The first discovery was that this entire area was a black neighborhood; initially made-up of what appears to be emancipated slaves.

I found the name of a Mr. A. Guy as the interim owner of several of those properties. After a bit more analysis and comparison of dates and other supporting documents, a common narrative came to light:

Shortly after the end of reconstruction, a white man going by the name of Mr. A. Guy had visited all of the households in this neighborhood and offered them a $100.00 loan, payable in full in one year. But they had to put their houses and property up as collateral. The deeds and liens were all properly filed with the illiterate former slaves signing with their "X" on the appropriate documents.

One year later, to the exact day, Mr. A. Guy foreclosed on the property and took possession. He then proceeded to sell the property to a new owner within a few days. None of the documents indicate the actual amount of money involved in the transaction, but suffice it to say that the $100.00 dollars that Mr. A. Guy "paid" for the property was a small fraction of its actual value.

When I attempted to research more contemporary information about Mr. A. Guy, I couldn't find anyone by that name in the local area. In fact, I couldn't locate anyone with that name in that whole part of the state. I believe that the name "Mr. A. Guy" was just a pseudonym used by the perpetrator to hide his true identity.

My conclusion is that this was post-reconstruction payback. When the soldiers and the carpetbaggers left the area, there was no one left to assist these former slaves, and look out for their interests. So some of the former masters got their revenge by stealing back their properties and selling them for a profit; displacing several established families in the process. I can barely imagine the pain inflicted by that cruel con game.

So, to summarize, the appearance of the apparition, regardless of its origin, intrigued me. And in following my curiosity, an interesting and tragic story was revealed. A hidden story that had never been told before.

There are all kinds of theories about how these synchronicities come about. I'll let you choose which one you want to believe. But, in my case, I'll just say that I feel honored to have been chosen to be the person to tell the story of a few naive and illiterate former slaves who were very brutally defrauded of their homes and property.

I suggest that you follow your own intuition about your experiences. I relate this story to you because the apparition you describe is not unlike the one that I saw that rainy night a decade ago. As one of our ATS cousins recommended in an earlier post, you might want to do some historical research about that property and the surrounding areas. You might find something interesting. And I can tell you that it is most satisfying to discover a concrete connection between a subjectively ethereal experience and an objectively historical circumstance.

Just don't be afraid of it, and treat the experience or entity with respect. I believe that this force returns to you what you give to it. Feed it curiosity, and it will give you mystery. Feed it fear, and it will give you terror!

Enjoy the ride my friend!!

-dex

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

It's likely we are being toyed with, and that taking any of it too seriously will lead to depression and behavior outside of the norm

Yes, I think that's the key.

I like to think of these experiences as possibly something that emerges at the intersection of both the tangible and intangible domains. And a way to make sense of it, without losing the flavor and character bestowed upon it by these diametrically opposed realms, is to keep a foot of doubt on both sides.

In seeing an apparition, I will accept the fact that it is likely some kind of optical illusion given substance by pareidolia, possibly driven by some subconscious need. But, I still maintain some doubts about why I experienced it.

On the other hand, I believe that there are some greater forces involved in creating that vision. Forces that are supernatural in nature. But, I still maintain some doubts about any kind of "woo" theory.

By being fluid like this, I can maintain a certain amount of plausible deniability to myself about the event. And thus I can keep from taking it too seriously and falling off the deep end.

It's just a matter of balance.

-dex

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join