It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm questioning my sanity.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Last night, I took an evening walk so I can enhance physical therapy stuff- long story there. I have a knot of muscle right down by my bottom that has apparently been there *forever*.

Anyways-

I walked past the set of woods I took a pic of a couple weeks back ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) as the road is wide enough for even the lousiest driver to be able to go around me- at 15+ mph over the speed limit.
It was about 8 pm.

As I'm walking past the woods, I looked over... and I am unable to explain this any better than this: nestled back in the woods was what appeared to be a 3 story clapboard house. Before I continue- there's *nothing* there but woods. Trees, leaves, bushes, thorns, bugs, and whatever might be living in there. I stopped, and took some pics. What I saw, and what the camera saw, were 2 really different things. Camera showed *WOODS*. My eyes were clearly registering a honking big old house. I took the pic, and held the camera right up next to what I was looking at. I did walk a couple feet to either side, and the illusion persisted really, really well- which I found to be completely odd. Camera showed absolute nothing.

Completely baffled, I walked on, till I hit my turnaround point. On the way, I grumbled at the woods, as more weird shapes formed way in the back "Cute. Fine. Impress me, and make Cinderella Castle." Well, that was a mistake to say.

I'm turned around, walking back, still shaking my head at this. I stopped for one final look. You'd figure the setting sun would have shifted stuff, but nope- still sitting right where I left it was the phantom house. I stopped. I just gave it a good hard stare- and suddenly, I got this very strong sensation of someone behind me. I turned around fast (Last thing I need is some idiot trying to be a jerk)- and right next to me was what I can only describe as something using the old Star Trek beaming effect, except instead of light, it was a greyish, blocky thing, really thin.

It disappeared in a split second- and I disappeared as fast as my legs would go.

I'm worried like hell at this point.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Next time, ignore it til you can’t, then tell it to go away in Jesus name.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

S&F
Don't know what you experienced here, but I really enjoyed this.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

When u first saw the house and tried the pic thing why didn't
You go check it out, I woulda!

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

Next time, ignore it til you can’t, then tell it to go away in Jesus name.

I didn't ignore it this time because I was *sure* it was a human being trying to sneak up on me. I truly expected some person being caught trying to act like they weren't going to try to do something nasty. I do this- People have a hard time sneaking up on me, unless it's in a crowded place.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tayton

When u first saw the house and tried the pic thing why didn't
You go check it out, I woulda!

One word: MOSQUITOS. I walked up to the edge of the woods, and immediately had a tiny 'Golden Corral' sign erected on my leg, followed by a tour bus full of the little bastards. Not only that, but there's ticks, spiders (or, more annoying, the webs), and crap I probably shouldn't be stung by.

Otherwise, the woodland fairies would have enticed me in...

link   

I can relate to the hyper-vigilante stance; I meant next time you see something that doesn’t show up in a picture, don’t acknowledge it.

Be safe kitty 🐱

edit on 20-7-2018 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

link   
These things might not be 'mental", like losing your mind, but 'physical' or biological.
Some medications can cause these things, or something has gone amuck in your organic brain.

Tell your doctor about these incidents and see if he wants to do a brain scan, or something.

Be well, Wylekat.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

S&F
Don't know what you experienced here, but I really enjoyed this.

Me neither. I can't say I especially enjoyed it. No fun wondering if your sanity has just jumped ship.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Tell your doctor about these incidents and see if he wants to do a brain scan, or something.

I've been to the doc. I had 2 EEGs- one after being awake for 24 hours, and one where I wore a portable EEG for 24 hours, AND an MRI. With and without contrast.

*Normal*.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Something similar...

When I was a little kid (maybe 7 or 8), I kept having a dream of walking through an old white house in the woods.

In the dreams, I knew exactly where this house was located because of it's juxtaposition to a dumpsite a couple miles away from where we lived back then.

I eventually went to the dumpsite with my friends...and found and followed the path I walked in my dreams.
I told my friends there was an old white house up there....so we all decided to check it out.

We hiked the path...which turned out to be an old long driveway...and found only the old crumbled stone foundations of a house (the same size/shape/layout as the one in my dreams) with large old trees growing inside.

The house could've only existed long before I was born.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm questioning my sanity.

If it doesn't answer you.

Your alright,

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Now that is freaky.

In the dreams, I knew exactly where this house was located because of it's juxtaposition to a dumpsite a couple miles away from where we lived back then.

You ain't gonna believe this... Where this thing happened is *google maps the distance* 1.4 miles away from the city landfill. I'm up the road about .4 miles.

edit on 20-7-2018 by wylekat because: It's all about the distance

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

Now that is freaky.

You ain't gonna believe this... Where this thing happened is *google maps the distance* 1.4 miles away from the city landfill. I'm up the road about .4 miles.

This was in northern Ohio, where I grew up.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

This is in NC.

Odd how both are near landfills. Landfill swamp gas?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Very interesting!

Although I know there are oodles of logical explanations for what happened I like to think outside the box. Someone described a similar incident that sounded like a past life memory and I wouldn't immediately discount that idea, but the possibilities are endless! Maybe the veil between dimensions thinned for a bit, maybe you were experiencing a vision of the past or future, etc. Thinning of the veil is my favorite wonky theory because whatever they are doing with the super collider is supposedly aimed at opening portals to alternate and parallel dimensions.

Just throwing some alternative theories out there. I'll let the brainiacs suppose the scientific theories- but they're not as fun!

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Which is more likely Kat. You are having
bouts with schizophrenia. Or did you
experience what usually happens when
one crosses paths with an evil spirit?
They cause you to question your sanity.
The old now you see me now you don't
mind f%=÷.

Could only be one or the other.
And only you can tell us which one
It is. Either your mind or something
else.

edit on Ram72018v45201800000026 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Thinning of the veil is my favorite wonky theory because whatever they are doing with the super collider is supposedly aimed at opening portals to alternate and parallel dimensions.

I've had those type of things happen. They are different form the other weirdness I have experienced. I also wonder about CERN..

The very first one was several years ago. I "dozed off" (?) on the couch. During the time I was what- unconscious, in a trance, asleep (which, doesn't make sense in the space of time I was out) This happened- "I" went to the bathroom. On the door of the bathroom was a full length mirror. I walked up to the mirror, and there was *me*. Except, it was NOT me. I am a white male with thinning hair and hazel blue eyes. In the reflection was an olive skinned version of me with more hair and dark brown eyes. We looked at each other and both let out a scream, which was silent.

I immediately was back on the couch, asking myself "WHAT IN THE HELL WAS THAT???!?!" CERN was doing something right around the same time.

Second one... even *more* fun:

Went into bedroom at apartment (not the same place), to check on kid- 2 years ago or so. I slid my foot under the bed, and smacked my toes on a clanking, heavy metal *thing*. Considering I hit it pretty hard, the sucker hurt. I grabbed my foot, tried not to yell and wake kid, looked under the bed as to what the heck that was... We don't own anything heavy and clanky, and it wouldn't be under the bed. NOTHING. A couple piles of fluff. Not anything metal, or clanking. Definitely nothing to have nearly broken my toe on.

Next morning, I went under the bed with a flashlight. I could see every side. I searched the box spring. I am still baffled.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

There is a well known story of 2 women touring Versailles place garden...turned a corner and seemingly stepped back 400 yrs in time encountering someone in period...what they thought was costume..period dress.

Later they tried to find the gate again...and there wasn't one. Upon asking...they were told there once Was a garden there..some 300 + yrs. ago.

Sometimes when conditions are right...we can catch glimpses of what was once there.....

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I love creepy abandoned structures. Even In to exploring them. Go back there with a weapon, and if the house is there approach and explore, just be mindful of signs posted about private laNd or tresspassing. Knock on the door first, find out if it's occupied. Only do this during the day. If you go at night chances are strong you will not return from the structure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join