It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got hepatitis b infection and it lead to idiotic things

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
So on Friday i got this dumb illness somehow, well probably days before but it felt bad on Friday and my eyes were yellow like egg centers so and since i can't go to the doctor by myself i had to go with my aunt which is the only person close to me right now and on this country that cant sign for me and take care of legal things and then things turned bad once we were there

Conversation with the fool doctor when something like this

- Doctor: Do you drink?
- Me: wellllllll some beers here and there
- Doctor: Just beer or tequila or whiskey, maybe voooodka *wink* ?
- Me: Welllll i have drinked a few other things every now and then, why?
- Doctor: How long since you had sex?
- Me: What?
- Doctor: When was the last time you had sexual intercourse
- Me: (Feeling the eyes of my aunt almost going through my head)
- Me: I never did that before
- Doctor: Are you suuuuuuureeee?
- Me: Yes i think i would know about that if it did happened
- Doctor: Ok i will take your word for it

M*f*er

Now i don't know what to say because it looks like no matter what, i lied! Stupid lame doctor

So i have to spend 15 days on bed and having to deal with my aunt who thinks i am a bitch somehow while i did nothing wrong, what is this!

Stupid people with they ideas of how things should be, now i may not be able to deal with this if they really do think i am a drunk bitch that can't contain herself and i may not get the permit to keep living here for some more time, because of that ass hole

Every single day i convince myself that most people suffer from some kind of stupid mental disease that they can't help but destroy everyone around as much as possible and they know it and take pleasure from it. and i'm getting very tired of it
edit on 15-7-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

You could have asked your aunt to leave. You have to be honest with your doctor on that. That question is rarely about you.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

You could have asked your aunt to leave. You have to be honest with your doctor on that. That question is rarely about you.

It came out of nowhere and that would have been ever worse, my family except my father and mom are very very religious and conservative, also due to some law or whatever and as i am 17 i have to be with someone related but adult that will take care of me, i am not a citizen of this country i only have a permit for a year to be here and someone who has residence has to take care of me

I just wished he could have been a bit better at this, like saying to my aunt i need a couple minutes along with her would you mind or something, i have never gone through this before and i did not know something like that would come up. He could have been nicer or know things would be awkward right from the beginning and at least try to be better at this

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
My Doctor once told me,” lie to your mother, lie to your priest, or lie to your wife, but if you lie to me I can’t help you, and you may die.” He’s honest like that and he is my friend.

Your 17 and apparently you were sneaking around and you got caught. If you did something embarrassing, you will have to just get over it. You should thank the doctor when he asked about intercourse, he was dancing around the questions he really wanted to ask, Like how many sex partners have you had in the last six months. Can you remember their names. Or when did you share a needle and with whom. Whoever gave you this needs treatment also, as well as everyone they have been in sexual contact with, or shared a needle with. Be honest with the doctor, or other people may die from lack of treatment.

The doc needs all of the facts to formulate the plan of treatment, you may have been exposed to more then hep B. You may need to be tested for additional diseases like staff, aids, or a few dozen STD’s that are all transmitted, blood to blood, or blood to bodily fluid, just like hep B.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
My Doctor once told me,” lie to your mother, lie to your priest, or lie to your wife, but if you lie to me I can’t help you, and you may die.” He’s honest like that and he is my friend.

Your 17 and apparently you were sneaking around and you got caught. If you did something embarrassing, you will have to just get over it. You should thank the doctor when he asked about intercourse, he was dancing around the questions he really wanted to ask, Like how many sex partners have you had in the last six months. Can you remember their names. Or when did you share a needle and with whom. Whoever gave you this needs treatment also, as well as everyone they have been in sexual contact with, or shared a needle with. Be honest with the doctor, or other people may die from lack of treatment.

The doc needs all of the facts to formulate the plan of treatment, you may have been exposed to more then hep B. You may need to be tested for additional diseases like staff, aids, or a few dozen STD’s that are all transmitted, blood to blood, or blood to bodily fluid, just like hep B.

No but i did not lie, he was very specific, i continually find that i can't explain myself maybe because english is my third language and it is frustrating lol

that's what i don't post threads mostly, i just can't get through.

He could easily say i need a couple minutes with this idiot and see if this is related to that thing or not, but he had to ask about it in front of my aunt like if nothing was wrong about it and now i am the bitch that clearly lied, i got the stupid infection because i eat tacos or something, i don't even know.

I have not had stupid sex so far, i would know don't you think? This is stupid, he could have been smarter about how to deal with this but now my aunt will tell my mom and i will not get a signing for my second permit to stay here and my plans are going to the dump

Be honest with the doctor, or other people may die from lack of treatment.

I was, i have hepatitis or whatever it is written,they made tests, that's what i have, all the idiotic questions are just ways to put down someone who can't help it otherwise.

I don't have aids or other stupid illness, they would know and say, i had this thing and the questions are just idiot things, they #ed me up in more ways than they know about. Now i will probably won't be able to be here on my own because i can't sing for another permit i need parents to allow and come here to give it to me, and they won't because this retarded fool that doesn't get it

I'm very very mad, i'm going out of here, this is stupid, no one gets it and stop assuming things about me

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Sounds like he was as tactful as he needed to be. I imagine you're more annoyed at yourself for causing your own embarrassment. He must see it everyday. You're placing responsibility on your doctor to lessen the emotional sting and that doesn't really seem fair.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Perhaps you are a pure as the driven snow. I am not to judge. Your situational irony is not lost on me.

From google:
Hepatitis B is not spread through breastfeeding, sharing eating utensils, hugging, kissing, holding hands, coughing, or sneezing. Unlike some forms of hepatitis, Hepatitis B is also not spread by contaminated food or water. Many people with Hepatitis B do not have symptoms and do not know they are infected.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Perhaps you are a pure as the driven snow. I am not to judge. Your situational irony is not lost on me.

From google:
Hepatitis B is not spread through breastfeeding, sharing eating utensils, hugging, kissing, holding hands, coughing, or sneezing. Unlike some forms of hepatitis, Hepatitis B is also not spread by contaminated food or water. Many people with Hepatitis B do not have symptoms and do not know they are infected.

I am not "pure as the driven snow" whatever that means lmfao but i can tell i know what i had done or not, i just wanted to vent a bit because now it seems like due to that stupid question that even if you answer honestly but by how it was asked it can't be interpreted other way but to say i lied now i have a very high risk of losing my way of living, that's all there is to this

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Seems like a normal response for a young person in the world currently:

1. I made some choice
2. What do you mean their are consequences for that choice?
3. Get mad at someone else.

Im pretty sure and Occam says he is 100% sure that you didn't get HepB from doing nothing. Hope it works out for you and hopefully you will get a good real world lesson from this scenario that keeps you informed as you grow up.
edit on 15-7-2018 by opethPA because: Fixed a spelling error because I have a slow life.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Ohh i just realized something and i'm sorry to say it but this goes to all the people who can't get some things

- I am not looking for attention
- I was trying to vent my frustration and this is the "Rants" forum so i thought this was the place
- I don't feel like the world turns around me
- I have been to doctors before and they were not retarded, i have gone through exams before including "female specific ones' just to avoid insulting or saying things that may be banned here. And yet did not get idiotic things like this

This is the second thread that i start that becomes so dense that makes me feel that no matter what i say it will just not have an ending where i can understand why and not "how" it happened' because every one is once again on the "because this is how it is" and ignores the actual situation and this is both boring and sad. And also frustrating

(post by WarriorMH removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

They were kinda standardised questions, hepatitis B is only spread a few ways, blood or bodily fluids... Typically sex or drugs. It's present in saliva but isn't thought to be spread via kissing.

Anyways, things are never as bad as they may seem. Might have been embarrassing questions for you but to the doctor he experiences this every day.

Key to good healthcare is honesty, no matter how embarrassing. Doctors have a duty of care, they need to treat you and diagnose cause and potentially other related problems.

I'm not accusing you of anything btw, you have an infection and it came from somewhere, it's best to find out where it came from.
edit on 15-7-2018 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

Just to add.

Typically a doctor would ask if you want your companion present for the assessment/examination, surprised they didn't ask that. It was an avoidable situation.
edit on 15-7-2018 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

They were kinda standardised questions, hepatitis B is only spread a few ways, blood or bodily fluids... Typically sex or drugs. It's present in saliva but isn't thought to be spread via kissing.

Anyways, things are never as bad as they may seem. Might have been embarrassing questions for you but to the doctor he experiences this every day.

Key to good healthcare is honesty, no matter how embarrassing. Doctors have a duty of care, they need to treat you and diagnose cause and potentially other related problems.

I'm not accusing you of anything btw, you have an infection and it came from somewhere, it's best to find out where it came from.

Is not the question itself, but how it was handled, i am completely lost on how to explain myself on this site, no one understand anything i say, i am so frustrated

I don't care if he asks that in private

I'm just giving up talking about things around here, no one seem to think fast enough to get it even if all it's explained as much as possible and clear, they all assume their own point of view and can't figure out that things for other people are not the same due to personal things happening and how that affects them

I'm tired

Bye

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH

originally posted by: opethPA
Seems like a normal response for a young person in the world currently:

1. I made some choice
2. What do you mean their are consequences for that choice?
3. Get mad at someone else.

Im pretty sure and Occam says he is 100% sure that you didn't get HepB from doing nothing. Hope it works out for you ans hopefully you will get a good real world lesson from this scenario that keeps you informed as you grow up.

You must be the most mediocre person i have known here

There is this thing in science that says "Assumptions are the mother of all # ups". Seems like your reading skills and understanding just showed up and you were incapable of understanding

I would know if i had sex before, which i didn't, this is dumb, why lie? You are losing yourself right there

You know what? Once again i find people are very very stupid in 'America'. You are just dumb

Thank you for your retarded slow answer, i don't need it anymore though, have a nice slow life

Bye

Obviously based off your reply above I was totally wrong in my assessment. lol

This is how much I care that you stomped your feet and called me dumb along with having a slow life.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I just edited my post, yeah I agree with you.

Seems he didn't give you the option of keeping your privacy. It's generally a given that a doctor wouldn't create a situation that could cause problems.

With the nature of the questions it would've been right and smart to ask your aunt to leave the room or at least ask you if you'd like her present.

It can irk parents/guardians but at the same time you have rights to privacy. I guess safety comes into it too.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
They way I am interpreting it is: doctor asked questions in a way that made you seem worse than you are which is not good because your in a very strict, religious household?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

I just edited my post, yeah I agree with you.

Seems he didn't give you the option of keeping your privacy. It's generally a given that a doctor wouldn't create a situation that could cause problems.

With the nature of the questions it would've been right and smart to ask your aunt to leave the room or at least ask you if you'd like her present.

It can irk parents/guardians but at the same time you have rights to privacy. I guess safety comes into it too.

I don't even know now, I thought I was better at English now and I have been posting on my own for a few days but seems like I do wrong because all past comments and threads I write turn into a mess

I am going to hold back and ask again for someone to to check if actually wrote what I meant. Because I don't think I do no matter what

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Anyone in their teenage years, or older should always be offered privacy from parents, relatives, spouses....

The doctor should always offer that, before asking a single personal question

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I think you are coming through just fine.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Okay, a few things for you...

1. First of all, Hepatitis B is a serious liver infection. It is NOT something to be casually dismissed as trivial. It can seriously damage or destroy your liver. Without your liver...you DIE. Period.

2. There are (only) 4 ways to contract Hepatitis B (and food is NOT one of them). They are:
- a.) Sexual Contact (i.e. exchange of bodily fluids)
- b.) Sharing needles during inter-venous drug use or other inter-venous medical malpractice
- c.) Accidental needle stick (mostly affects those in the medical and law enforcement)
- d.) Childbirth

Mayo Clinic

Notice "food" was NOT one of the ways to contract the virus?

Additionally, I'm guessing you would probably know if you gave birth, so we can rule that out.

This leaves 3 options (ALL involving either needles or sexual contact). Do you see now why your doctor asked you the questions he did???? It wasn't to embarrass you, it was to HELP you.

ETA...so it's not your command of English which is the problem here, your posts make perfect sense. The problem is, it would appear you are not being truthful with yourself, your doctor or your posts here.

edit on 7/15/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join