It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nail manufacturing exec who voted for Trump blames him for layoffs, asks Dem for help

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

That's not something many take into account. Cheap ass nails. It's very, very true, however.

I bought, about two weeks ago, a nice nail gun for use around the house on projects to get it ready for sale...

I bought a box of the cheap nails for it...and the gun kept jamming with the little plastic sabots (if that's what its called) would fragment and cause it to jam. Not often, but often enough to be very annoying.

But the nails, never occurred to me. I was blaming the expensive ass tool...took it back, and the nice young man (god, I sound like my Dad...) asked me which nails I was using. He gave me that look that all of us use when dealing with the hopelessly stupid, and pointed out that those nails were the problem. "Try these, you'll bet much better results." Gave me a free box, not a big box, but enough to try...he was, of course, right.

So, yeah, cheap ass nails are a thing...

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Mid Continent’s parent company, Deacero, is based in Mexico.

Oh wow. I need to look more into that

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

This is what you claimed.

More like large corporations profiting from cheap Chinese slave labor and trying to make the trouble his company is experiencing Trumps fault.

I ask for proof not baseless accusations.

You have now shown that the metal comes from mexico.

Don't you think people should be called out when they just accuse people (especially an american business) of things without proof.
ATS deserves better doesn't it.
There were so many others doing that I didn't see that you had posted some information.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
www.recyclingtoday.com...

DEACERO S.A. de C.V., based in Monterrey, Mexico, has announced that its DEACERO USA Inc., subsidiary has acquired Mid-Continent Nail Corp.

DEACERO is owned by Raul, Sergio and David Gutierrez. Mid-Continent Nail Corp., owned by David and Doug Libla, is located in Poplar Bluff, Mo.

aaannnnddddd all of a sudden I have a new perspective

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

it's not an American business and I correct myself in this thread multiple times maybe you should do your own research and post the results

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I expect there will be more.

This is just the beginning.

But, of course, the Trumpster sheep will just create more excuses.

The tariffs, Skarich said, prompted his company to have to raise its prices by almost 20 percent. Skarich told the Times that his company's orders have dropped by half this month, facing stiff competition from cheaper foreign manufacturers.

So he was buying raw materials from, I guess, foreign sales? Those same ones that been trying to undercut the market to gain a monopoly?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

and then buy out US based companies after undercutting the market, became very clear when I saw who the parent company was

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I worked in fastner sales . Its quality the customer needs weather they know it or not .Import fastners were always a hit and miss game .Most of our customers (trades people) wanted nothing to do with the crap stuff .They needed it to work the first time . So the price was factored in and the guys paid . If they wanted cheaper fastners I would send them to our competition .

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
There was talk of the plant shutting down in August. It is still open.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
10 months after the op:

The plant is still open and there is an update. Missouri nail maker wins tariff exemption and begins planning a comeback

Mid-Continent Nails'

exclusion request was granted this week.

So that is some good news.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join