It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman dubbed '#PermitPatty' appears to call cops on 8-year-old girl selling water in viral video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Reminds me of the people fighting kids and the time honored lemonade stand tradition. These people are part of the problem.

Although I don't know from the story what color has to do with anything. Another part of the problem.

We need to get back to the roots of America that made this country great, and away from these trouble making snowflakes.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

People like that need a good solid sock in the face. What I want to know is- why does this seem to happen ALL the time here in the US?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

This story is going off on a few different tangents.

Was there and proof on who she called or what the motive?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

No proof she called, she says she only pretended to call. Why bother a child learning important life lessons and hard work though. Regardless of whether she called she should have let the kid learn to be productive.

Although just reselling water bottles irks me too.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I wish she would have called the cops on the girl for price gouging due to the $2 price tag she put on them rather than for not having a permit. Thats the real crime being committed.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If PermitPatty had a water-selling stand NEXT to this kid and mom, and SHE had to pay for a permit, does that change how this is viewed?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Yea, on it's face it's rather trashy for her to bother with that child.

From the history of the media I wonder as much about what isn't being said along with what is.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

I think some effort should be made other than just reselling at a high mark-up, but I'd let the kid work.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Possibly. I still don't understand why the mention of skin color is important to the story.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Mixed feelings about this

Who's property was the selling conducted on

A permit allows for some comeback should the water be tainted - you can trace who sold what where

Yeah there are some rules that seem overkill but there are valid reasons.

To those that suggest that it teaches kids hard work and life lessons - dont forget that proper business practice ie permits are also a part of "life lessons"

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: sputniksteve

I think some effort should be made other than just reselling at a high mark-up, but I'd let the kid work.

Oh I certainly would too, I was just making a joke. Truthfully I have no problem with children selling drinks at stands for whatever price they can sell at.

link   
In a free country people could sell what ever they want.

In a free country people could buy what ever they want.

This is easy enough for everyone to understand.

GOV. gtfo of our lives.

link   

Although just reselling water bottles irks me too.

Isn't that the point of most retail, where product is sourced from elsewhere?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Tempter

Possibly. I still don't understand why the mention of skin color is important to the story.

This is the latest in a series of incidents where white people have called the police on black people in public parks, coffee shops and other spaces.

Because white folks need to stop wasting cops time, calling them in, on people living while black. Sitting in Starbucks, napping at a college dorm, probably more stuff too.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I'm going to sell my contaminated water for .25 cents less than you.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
What if the water was bought originally with food stamps?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

However, this also the latest in a series of incidents in which a child trying to make some summer money was shut down for not having an expensive city permit too.

There doesn't seem to be any real evidence which one prompted this other than the automatic assumption that if a white person interacts with a black person, racism will always be involved in some way.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Nothing like a race-baiting article to keep the races stirred up. We need to inclusive, civic-minded people with real answers to real problems. Like these fine, upstanding people...
uk.yahoo.com...

link   

originally posted by: tinner07
What if the water was bought originally with food stamps?

That'd be none of your or anyone else's business.

Otherwise hand out food instead of credit for food.

The difference between trying to help people, or dictating their lifestyle.

We try not to dictate people's lives and choices in the US.

We chose as tax payers to fund "food stamps" or EBT cards. What people do with their allotted food credit is their choice.

Not that I'm advocating food stamps or debit cards, but it's like loaning a friend $100 then telling them what "not" to spend it on..

If one is so concerned the other us to stupid to handle what is given, then give them exactly what you want them to have,or keep your money in your pocket and your mouth shut.

*that sounded harsh it wasn't personal just blunt; no offense intended
edit on 6 24 2018 by Lykan because: Clarify

link   
Maybe permitpatty works for nestle? That would go a long way to explain this nonsense.

Sadly I think she's just one of those s##ty busy bodies who needs to feel important. She's probably one of those fascists who sit on HOA boards.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join