It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman dubbed '#PermitPatty' appears to call cops on 8-year-old girl selling water in viral video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yep, if there is a simple in your face teaching of children what our corporate overlords demand, this is it.

Welcome to the reality that we allow to be imposed upon us. Gotta keep people safe from their own stupidity.

Why if it weren't for all of these permits and regulations, startups may actually be able to compete with the established big boys. Can't have that. You know how much money these corps have given to our politicians to enact these laws? Why big corps would actually have to compete with worthwhile products instead of ruling through being the only game in town.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
If PermitPatty had a water-selling stand NEXT to this kid and mom, and SHE had to pay for a permit, does that change how this is viewed?

Yes, it would make permit patty dumb as well as insufferable. Why compete when Patty could take her adult self to a different spot? I mean we are talking about selling 10 bottles of water here, its not like Patty is being screwed by crony capitalism.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: howtonhawky

I'm going to sell my contaminated water for .25 cents less than you.

My corner has more traffic then yours. i am willing to hire people to protect it for me. I think the hired help will all be undocumented kids too. so bring your competition on...

INTENT

Harming others is against the law.

Do we really need federal protectionism or do we need common sense?

Guidelines not more laws

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Based on her account it wasn't selling the water without a permit that was the issue... It was the mother's loud and constant yelling that was.

To bad both adults ruined it for the kid.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

My intent (as far as could be proven) would be to sell water.

Sure, I wouldn't stay open long nor likely to spend all my I'll gotten gains but was it worth the possible loss of life? Over water?

Point being some basic standards in the form of regulation do some good.

That's not to say any of my rambling apply to the op as the facts are rather light. Just a small hole in the thought of a wild west market.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
A few weeks back, a righteous white lady in oakland called the cops on some black people grilling by lake Merritt on a public BBQ. She called because they were using charcoal and apparently charcoal was not allowed in that section. Douchebags come in all colors. But it is still unconfirmed if she did it because race.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lykan

We chose as tax payers to fund "food stamps" or EBT cards. What people do with their allotted food credit is their choice.

Choose? When did tax become a choice?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If the blond had a permit to sell anything liquid on that corner , then she is in the right. if not then she should go work for the DMV.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

My intent (as far as could be proven) would be to sell water.

Sure, I wouldn't stay open long nor likely to spend all my I'll gotten gains but was it worth the possible loss of life? Over water?

Point being some basic standards in the form of regulation do some good.

That's not to say any of my rambling apply to the op as the facts are rather light. Just a small hole in the thought of a wild west market.

the good lord knows the only way to buy clean water is if we have regulations.

How about you just buy a test meter for 5 dollars if you are concerned?

you will never be free if you can not make choices for yourself.

we all know them kids are out there selling tainted water.

Did you ever stop to think that the reason kids sell lemonade is because of the acidic content it is nearly impossible to get sick?

Please revert back to common sense and forget about big brother being your savior

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

And you just credibility.

Good day.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MajorAce
If the blond had a permit to sell anything liquid on that corner , then she is in the right. if not then she should go work for the DMV.

Why should anyone need a permit?

Permission to live?

Makes no sense.

It is called public space and there is no scheduling issues on the corner.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

And you just credibility.

Good day.

thin skin and cheap tainted water

freedom not protectionism for a select few.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

A permit for quality control and health standards. It's called first world standards.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

No, permission to sell something and a permit fee which covers the expense of having to check and verify you are meeting safety standards.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker

A permit for quality control and health standards. It's called first world standards.

No

It is called authoritarianism.

Just because some of you all can not wipe your ass does not mean the rest of us need your intervention.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

She is a full-blown supporter of her Congresswomen, Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi. They hate entrepreneurs, tax decreases, self-empowerment, etc.. Waters/Pelosi are PROUD of her actions against that 8 year old girl!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

No, permission to sell something and a permit fee which covers the expense of having to check and verify you are meeting safety standards.

WOW

You are all conditioned to accept your slavery.

You need daddis permission to live

this is why we are no longer number one

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Do any of you have some type of proof that without all this intervention we would not be able to survive?

Guide lines and not laws

If you see someone failing then why not help them instead of passing laws that effect everyone?

Seems as though we have a permitpatti mentality

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

No, we would not all die, false argument. Some of us would die, not all. Some of us would become sick, not all. That is on top of the problems we already have.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

No, we would not all die, false argument. Some of us would die, not all. Some of us would become sick, not all. That is on top of the problems we already have.

The only thing making us sick is the FOOLAID you all drink

Somehow the world population continues to grow but in your mind we could not avoid a germ without gov. intervention.

Conditioning at it's finest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join