It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - The Diary Of Anne Frank Doesn't Exist Anymore

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Yup - it's now called "The Diary Of A Young Girl" and it always has been.

I read this book in Jr High... and have seen it countless times throughout life.

I absolutely have never heard of "The Diary Of A Young Girl" nor have I heard the phrase in pop-culture - and it wasn't the title of the book I read.

The Wikipedia page says "The Diary Of A Young Girl" is sometimes called The Diary Of Anne Frank - lol I wonder why? ..and of course there's tons of residue.

So - it's pretty straight forward...

Did you read a book titled "The Diary Of Anne Frank"?
-or-
Did you read a book titled "The Diary Of A Young Girl"?

This thread is about the Mandela Effect in general, and more specifically a book title. It's a real and serious topic, and we're going to need to talk about it like adults.

So what book did you read?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I remember reading it as a kid at school I remember it being called Anne Frank diary of a young girl.
I have it on my bookshelf at home I will check when I get back from work.
I suspect it is just your memory.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Oh no! Another trivial culture reference minimally changed!!!! Well, except just like in every other case it's faulty memory

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Never read either, BUT... I'd assume people talking about "The diary of a girl" would not be a catching point. "The diary of Anne Frank" however, gives people an idea what it is. If you're in the business of media, you'd go with what catches the readers attention.

And most of us would remember that, over something that has no inherent meaning to it.

having said that, I've never heard of the latter. I have only ever heard of "The diary of Anne Frank".

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

Oh no! Another trivial culture reference minimally changed!!!! Well, except just like in every other case it's faulty memory

That's now mandela works. Changes everything slowly, piece by piece, till you don't even know it's completely different. Coh, don't yous know anything?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
it's called that when people refer to it because it's less wordy, ffs.

how much of your day do you spend mining for these alleged inconsistencies with such mundane explanations?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Some can not accept their memory is falable.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

You don't need to check your book when you get home - I can already tell you it's titled "The Diary Of A Young Girl".

Just tryin' to save you some time.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Some can not accept their memory is falable.

in my universe it's spelled 'fallible'

please talk to your doctor about the mandela effect while there's still time

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yeah on my phone so I'm sorry.
Look into how the memory works and you will understand the ME is just people with false memories.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Damn.

I thought it was going to be some dank mandela. Like as in, the diary no longer existed at all.

That was going to be heavy man.

Our timeline is safe!

Thank you Alex Jones.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It's always been the Diary of a Young Girl, but people often refer to it as the Diary of Anne Frank, which it is. No mystery here.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

In Lysoverse it's phallible.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
In Lysoverse it's phallible.

well that's... suggestive.

originally posted by: testingtesting
Yeah on my phone so I'm sorry.
Look into how the memory works and you will understand the ME is just people with false memories.

lol yeah, i've done some reading. i was just joshin' ya, son

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

I find it still interesting tho. I actually think it is a real thing, but what gets me is that it's named after someone who clearly wasn't what the effect proposes it is. Strange.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I remember in '77 and '78, seeing Star Wars at least 50 times and it was never called Stars Wars: Episode IV, A New Hope. I'm just sayin'..

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

It's a disambiguation:

The Diary of Anne Frank (disambiguation)

1959 movie: It was actually called The Diary of Anne Frank

Most of the media (TV, movies, radio, etc), use the title "The Diary of Anne Frank"

The original book that was published back in 1947 in Denmark was entitled "Het Achterhuis", which is Danish for "The Backhouse".

The first English translation in 1952 retitled it as "Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl"

All alternate media (TV, Radio, Movie, etc) have always entitled it: "The Diary of Anne Frank". Most likely because it uses less words and sounds better to English speakers.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

That's a real click baity title there. I was assuming you meant the entire diary didn't exist any more...not that the title is slightly different than you remember. Anne Frank's diary never existing would be a Mandela effect I could get behind...the name being longer than you remember...not so much...

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Ok im relieved i thought the diary wasnt in The Anne Frank House and is missing. Glad to know in other timelines the diary is where it belongs. As for the name thing it was originally released as Tales from the secret annex. But people started calling it the diary of annne frank so a name change occured. It was re released as simply anne frank with the title being diary of a young girl.

Now to your confusion 2 explinations either in your timeline it was never released as either of the titles i mentioned. Or the other possibility you never read the book and relied on the thousands of book reviews that called it the diary of anne frank. Im voting for the second but who knows you might be from one crazy universe.
edit on 6/16/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Mark08

The Episode IV A New Hope part was added later.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join