It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking....Justify Wins!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The Triple Crown! Justify wins!

It's an amazing feat for a colt like that! JUSTIFY...wins the Triple Crown!

I tried to post this in 'breaking alternative' , but I must be banned from that forum (whatever).

This is a HUGE accomplishment for both horse, rider and owner. His sperm will be worth millions forever more. Only a handful of horses have done it in history, and he joins a very rare club.
edit on 6/9/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2018 by DrumsRfun because:
  • The use of ALL CAPS

• posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 06:48 PM
    link   
    a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

ouch...I know that you know how to make threads so either you suffered a stroke or heart attack and hit post before you intended to. If that actually happened I hope you will be ok.
    On to the thread title topic now. GO Justify!!! He nailed it!

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 06:57 PM
    link   
    a reply to: Allaroundyou

Yeah, I hit the post button too early.

This is an absolutely monumental accomplishment for a racing horse team.

Wife is from horse country (Maryland) and this is a spectacular win for a horse. He didn't even run them down, he just ran away. He knew his competition (and the big-time poinies are cometitive as heck), so he just ran away with it.

Good for him! He was the better horse.

We watch a little Kentucy Derby, a little more Belmont....and a whole lot of this!

GO..."JUSTIFY"!!!!!

(were it me, I'd pull him and just breed him from this day foward. He'd be done racing.)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:28 PM
    link   

That was awesome to watch !! You don't see things like this many times in your life. One must only soak it in. From start to finish.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:05 PM
    link   
    Booo, more money for Soros.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:34 AM
    link   
    I had coffee with my horse this morning (between rain storms)... she told me Justify had it wrapped up.

I thought I was having a weird reaction to cough meds... but, she did call it...

Tomorrow, she and I are working on football odds... college football is right around the corner...

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:42 AM
    link   
    a reply to: TinfoilTP

Why is that? Does Soros own him?

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:59 PM
    link   
    A small percentage of the breeding rights is apparently owned by a company controlled by some Soros employees.

If the strapping chestnut colt Justify wins the Belmont Stakes on Saturday to become just the 13th horse in history to claim horse racing’s Triple Crown, two of the three groups that have an ownership stake in the horse’s breeding rights will be front and center during the celebration.

WinStar Farm, one of North America’s leading thoroughbred racing and breeding operations, owns 60 percent of Justify’s breeding rights. China Horse Club owns 25 percent. A third group, a secretive entity that holds the remaining 15 percent, will remain out of the spotlight because it vigorously avoids any public attention. It is a company controlled by top employees of the billionaire investor George Soros.

www.nytimes.com...

An investment firm, SF Bloodstock and Racing Group owns a little bit of the goodies surrounding this awesome beast. Pretty sound investment it seems.

Mr. Soros’s investment firm, Soros Fund Management, is behind SF Bloodstock and SF Racing Group, an international breeding and racing operation started in 2008. Executives from the investment firm oversee the breeding and horse ownership businesses. Gavin Murphy, an Australian based in New York who has served as the Soros Fund’s longtime tax counsel, is the manager of SF Bloodstock and SF Racing Group. Christopher Naunton, chief financial officer for the Soros Fund’s family office, is the president of SF Bloodstock and SF Racing Group, corporate filings show. Tom Ryan, an Irishman based in Lexington, Ky., is the team’s bloodstock agent.

They have investments in horses all over the world, as do many, many "horse people."

top topics

join