It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he is likely to support ending federal ban on marijuana

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: underwerks

Baby steps bro.

Get it legal, then free the slaves.

This is pretty cool to witness.

Let’s give a round of applause to Elizabeth Warren then. I’m sure all the Trump supporters can get behind that.

Damn, dude. Now THAT was cold.....

But, Touche, my friend. Touche.

She’s the one who originally sponsored this, so I’m curious why it’s now the property of Trump because of some comments he made in passing.

It seems the same people congratulating Trump should also be thanking the good senator.

That’s all.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Im not trumps biggest fan, personally. I voted for him only because it was the epitome of "the lesser of two evils" scenario. I often find myself laughing when I hear the words "president trump" because of how surreal it is.

I'll make fun of the guy and laugh at his sometimes bumbling demeanor, but in no way do I despise him, unconditionally so, like so many seem to.

I told myself in 2020 it'll have to come down to better choices. That said, the more good Trump does in his 4 years, the more likely I'll be to vote for him.

I consider myself to be, socially speaking, very liberal. Constitutionally, I'm a right wing nutjob. There are many who hold this sentiment, one I believe gains traction every day with the younger crowd.

The last vestiges of old timely conservatism is dying off, both literally and figuratively. Trump is seeming to be more and more the bridge between old and new.

He's far from perfect, but we gotta start somewhere.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Why didnt Obama do this? Oh yeah because he never cared about us and what we actually wanted..

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Baby steps bro.

Let’s give a round of applause to Elizabeth Warren then. I’m sure all the Trump supporters can get behind that.

She’s the one who originally sponsored this, so I’m curious why it’s now the property of Trump because of some comments he made in passing.

It seems the same people congratulating Trump should also be thanking the good senator.

That’s all.

Almost everything president Trump signs into law was composed by great minds in his administration or congress.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well hell, if he actually legalizes it I will have to reevaluate Trump. If this is just more BS then it is the same ole same ole say anything president.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is nothing more than my opinion, so take it as such.

I think the "Conservative Christian" lobby that exists today is a shadow of what existed for most of the 20th century, and have had to come to terms with a LOT of hard truths in the last few decades.

If they want to remain at all relevant in the future, they need to stick with fights that they at least have SOME chance of winning.

This, by the way, is NOT one of them.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I don't know why anyone is surprised to be honest since Trump gave his word on this a while ago.

He promised Gardner from Colorado who is a Republican.

I live in a Conservative State where it is currently legal.

Things change.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

What news? Trump has been hinting support for decriminalization here and there all along. And it's all been less than lip service considering the concrete actions of his AG.

Trump still isn't King of America, the best he can personally do is reverse AG reversing the last admin and support legislation in Congress. So, point of fact: Obama had already done what Trump's admin has undone and so currently, he's actually running a net negative.

And based solely on some public musings, you're giving him credit for I don't even know what? Republicans in Congress are the single biggest impediment to ending marijuana prohibition under federal law.
edit on 2018-6-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Why didn't Obama do it? You just think about that for a minute. Pose the question. What if Obama had pushed for legalizing marijuana federally? What would the right have said?

And there's your answer. That's why Obama didn't do it.
edit on 8-6-2018 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Why didnt Obama do this? Oh yeah because he never cared about us and what we actually wanted..

What you said carries a lot of truth to it. I always felt he was anti-American all the way and how it got to be president is the 8th Wonder of the World.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

My thoughts almost exactly. I went through the same thing with President Clinton. Hated him at first and then realized what he was doing was working. Still don't like him, but he was a pretty good President. It's that which turned me into a Independent.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

The country wasn't ready for it when he was in office, and they still might not be. Some states still won't even allow it for medical purposes. But maybe, because of the reports on it's medical benefits, particularly with seizures and PTSD, people might be more receptive to it.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I don't know why anyone is surprised to be honest since Trump gave his word on this a while ago.

He promised Gardner from Colorado who is a Republican.

I live in a Conservative State where it is currently legal.

Things change.

Yes they do. I agree 100% with that.

I would add that issues like this have been a huge stumbling block for conservatism in the past, and hopefully there have been some lessons learned from past mistakes.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Because he's a chickens# excuse for a leader. Got it.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Baby steps bro.

That’s all.

Almost everything president Trump signs into law was composed by great minds in his administration or congress.

Is Elizabeth Warren a great mind to you?

Serious question.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

"Of course he wants to legalize marijuana, he's black isn't he?" That's what the Right would have said. Period. And YOU know it.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I didn't like Clinton in the beginning, but in hind sight, he kept the damage to a minimum. He was also a charismatic, likeable guy. By today's standards, he would be considered a center right, or rino politician.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

Im not trumps biggest fan, personally. I voted for him only because it was the epitome of "the lesser of two evils" scenario. I often find myself laughing when I hear the words "president trump" because of how surreal it is.

I'll make fun of the guy and laugh at his sometimes bumbling demeanor, but in no way do I despise him, unconditionally so, like so many seem to.

I told myself in 2020 it'll have to come down to better choices. That said, the more good Trump does in his 4 years, the more likely I'll be to vote for him.

I consider myself to be, socially speaking, very liberal. Constitutionally, I'm a right wing nutjob. There are many who hold this sentiment, one I believe gains traction every day with the younger crowd.

The last vestiges of old timely conservatism is dying off, both literally and figuratively. Trump is seeming to be more and more the bridge between old and new.

That’s all good and fine. I just find it funny that every action so far (appointment of Jeff Sessions rescinding the Cole memo, etc) has pushed cannabis legalization backwards from where it has been.

And now that Trump mentions something in passing how he *might support this, it’s drop to your knees and worship the president time.

Lmao.
edit on 8-6-2018 by underwerks because: Typing this in line in a legal dispensary lol

edit on 8-6-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

link   
Don't the Democrats promise to do this every 2 years? I suspect Trump will pull this off a month or so before the mid-terms. The Dims will have to get behind this quickly or that Big Blue Wave will become a Trickle.

link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Illustrating that he's a chickens# excuse for a leader.

A true leader does the right thing no matter what others may say about him, no matter how unpopular (or popular) it may be.

He capitulated to his own naricissistic fears and the people suffered. And you know THAT.
edit on 6/8/18 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join