It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

No, it is not racist. It is ignorant. Maybe even prejudice. Racism is the idea that you are 'better' than another race. Not just a hate of another race actually. She did not show that. Racism gets thrown around to easy.

I would not say it. I would not want my kids to say it. That does not mean Rosanne cannot say it and if she does she loses her show? No. There are SO many more things said on TV that are worse or more over the top.

If people stopped looking at everything from a 'race' perspective we could move forward but until that happens 'racism' will be the triggered word of this decade.

link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
a reply to: matafuchs

Don't you think calling that woman an ape is racist?

The only thing worse than being called an ape is being called a racist.?!

link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: Grambler

Eh, I though her statement could have been racist.

Here was her tweet.

"Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj."

VJ being valerie jarrett

Not sure I see the correlation to racism on that? isn't VJ white?

VJ is Iranian.
What color is an Iranian?

Hence the Arab + Black comment.

How do we know she wasn't referring to Iran, itself, as Planet of the Apes?

Are all Iranians (or Arabs) members of the Muslim Brotherhood?
Who is it that is actually connecting the words "Planet Of The Apes" to any particular race?
edit on 29-5-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No #...right?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
they should try to replace her instead of canning the whole show.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Im curious...does anyone get what she was meaning with that statement? it doesn't make much sense to me.

That if a black person and an Arab had a child it would be even worse than the PuppyMonkeyBaby?

AUGUSTUS MASONICUS SHOW CANCELED BY ABC: Costar DBCowboy outraged, reminds world "Augustus' comments were vile and he doesn't represent nor speak for the rest of us."
edit on 29-5-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: Edumakated
In this day and age, you'd think white folks would know you can't equate black folks to monkeys in any way whatsoever. Roseanne had to be smarter than that...

Really is that what it is.

The ole porch monkey phrase?

How stupid is that for a bunch of evolutionist trying to teach the under educated bout their roots yet at the same time bend the truth as a political weapon while pretending fake outrage to spread to your students.

We all came from monkeys and you are fired for pointing out such. Have a nice day.

C'mon, don't be ignorant. Apes and monkeys have been used to insult black people for 100s of years. It is a very sensitive insult to black people. Almost as bad as just calling us the N word.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yes, the 'old' POTA movies...

link   

originally posted by: Painterz
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that there's folks on ATS who don't understand why calling a black person an ape is staggeringly offensively racist and an instant sacking offense for pretty much anybody. But still, it's pretty depressing.

This place is basically 4chan now isn't it.

Is she black? I have no idea, but did ask.

Question: is racism in the words you use, or what you intend with those words? To be "staggeringly offensively racist", it would have to be the words, and not the intent, correct? Otherwise, how on earth would we ever make it through evolutionary biology in an academic setting?

Its time for us to throw off these self inflicted yokes. Im too old to dance, especially around sensitive words.

link   
I just want to see the clause in her contract that states that she can be fired if she (an outrageous often obnoxious) comedian ever says a bad joke.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Specifically she resembles Dr. Zera.

link   

originally posted by: knoxie
they should try to replace her instead of canning the whole show.

HA! That would be so funny! ...If they replaced Rosanne the way they replace Becky!

link   
Humans have been reduced to spineless jelly cakes that are offended by everything and everyone.
The easiest thing to do.. is to stay quiet, while the world around us slowly crumbles..
But hay.. I could be worse.. or does, who knows.
The voices of the free spirited are silenced, and the voice of many rule.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

i wanna see Fox pick her up.

ETA: or Netflix
edit on 5/29/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
AUGUSTUS MASONICUS SHOW CANCELED BY ABC: Costar DBCowboy outraged, reminds world "Augustus' comments were vile and he doesn't represent nor speak for the rest of us."

NOT SOFTBALL!!!!!!!

How will we ever get anymore of those hard-hitting questions like 'do you eat gake?'.

edit on 29-5-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

link   
This is a rather interesting development, imo.

Who is Valerie Jarrett....really? Who REALLY is Valerie Jarrett?

Was Roseanne's comment REALLY racial? Read the plot of the movie, Planet of the Apes. Get beyond your knee jerk reaction to the word, 'ape', and examine the plot.

Roseanne said a CROSS between The Muslim Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes. Roseanne is far from being stupid. She doesn't seem to be neither 'right' nor 'left'. So, was she referring to VJ's 'blackness'....or something else entirely? (Think 'sinister/hidden'.)

Look deeper at 'the movie'.
edit on 29-5-2018 by queenofswords because: grammatical error corrected

edit on 29-5-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

link   
I may be wrong in all this. Maybe ABC has a problem with lower primates. They fired Cosell for saying, "Look at that little monkey run."

For those twisting themselves, and logic, around in defense of this c'mon. Just because it's a highly visible Trump supporter doesn't mean she's infallible. Cop to it.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Im curious...does anyone get what she was meaning with that statement? it doesn't make much sense to me.

That if a black person and an Arab had a child it would be even worse than the PuppyMonkeyBaby?

"I was shocked and sickened by words. I was so devastated that I even missed my bikini wax appointment".

*sob*

-Excerpt taken from an interview on "60 Minutes".

link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Considering we spent 8 years with people referring to GW Bush as "chimp" only to have the same exciteable asshats lose their grip on all things dear to them the moment someone referred to Barack Obama with any hint of simian reference, treating it as if it were more racist than spray painting N-bombs across the wall of a Sigma house... this society probably didn't deserve to make it through anything with the word "academic" in it.

link   
a reply to: japhrimu

Ummm...so your saying that leftists would associate ideologically with...being Christ-like...

Scratches head...go figure...

YouSir

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join