It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump Administration Will Soon Prohibit Abortion Services At Federally Funded Clinics.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

edit on 18-5-2018 by crtrvt because: Waste of time and energy.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

and, do you think it's a good idea for the insurance companies to just end their agreements with any pharmacy because they sell those drugs that they refuse to cover? that's the power some seem to be willing to give to the gov't, believing that hey, it will only affect planned parenthood... isn't it???

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Good, go back to Reagan era rules on not funding abortions with tax dollars.

Example of MAGA.

Maybe the progs can take their Soros cash and fund these things dear to their hearts, instead of robbing public funding to make America a third world sh@# hole.

Obviously you have a very complex view on children.... Here's a quote from you about Palestinians the other day.

They are occupying a war zone and have no business having children there, except to raise more meat shields for war.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Bluntone22

the generics will always be covered, and well, even with insurance, I will be more inclined to just accept those. not sure why it would be difficult to prescribe drugs that are typically covered by insurance though. that doesn't make sense.

it is well known that the insurance has a list of drugs they will cover many times it is a cheaper drug and not necesarily a generic even if it isn't a good fit for you

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

or maybe, just maybe, planned parenthood might just refuse to cater to the medicaid, title x crowd and make a move to encourage them to go elsewhere for the services that those programs will cover for them such as charging a low base rate, regardless of income or lack of it. and well, we can all wait and see just what kind of excuses the right come up with when they find out just how badly they were lied to when they were told that there were all these other providers out there available to replace planned parenthood with!!!

www.npr.org...

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I totally agree with you Agartha...... to the original poster...yeah just put all the blame on the women....what about the MEN they are a part of this equation.......we are meant to continue the species,,,it is biologically driven

originally posted by: Agartha

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

The fact that people are still arguing over this speaks more to the divide and conquer mentality than it does to logic and reason.

This is the 21st century. There are many, many options for birth control in this day and age that don’t require killing a baby.

If women would stop throwing caution to the wind and utilize their birth control options BEFORE thy get pregnant (they used to call this personal responsibility) there would be no need for them to use murder as a form of birth control.

Well, I have news for you: NO birth control is 100% effective. Condoms, for example, can be 96 to 98% effective but only when used correctly. Since in the real world people make mistakes all the time, the real effectiveness of condoms is 85%, because they are not used properly. That's 15 unplanned pregnancies per 100.

The pill is 92% effective. The Merina IUD is meant to be 99% effective and I got pregnant with it, it worked well for two years and then I got pregnant, when I didn't want to (and the fruit of the Merina's failure is now 14 and spends all my money lol).

You cannot blame carelessness for most unwanted pregnancies, common sense and public health knowledge shows us there are too many factors to simply point the fingers at females for being simply irresponsible.

edit on 18-5-2018 by research100 because: moved my post to the top

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

When a woman wants to abort my child, im given no input and no recourse. My childs fate rests solely in her hands. In family court, the woman will most often be given the most understanding treatment and tends to retain custody.

How come when the child is actually concieved men get no input, but are sharing the responsibility of preventing its conception?

There is something wrong with the way the whole thing is handled. Men get the shaft for the most part.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
first you belittle and blame women and then you posted this post...... that was proven to be FALSE...please do a little research before posting

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: crtrvt

Just google planned parenthood sells aborted fetal tissue and educate yourself.

Polishing a turd and calling it a rose doesn’t make it one.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

When a woman wants to abort my child, im given no input and no recourse. My childs fate rests solely in her hands. In family court, the woman will most often be given the most understanding treatment and tends to retain custody.

How come when the child is actually concieved men get no input, but are sharing the responsibility of preventing its conception?

Then wrap it up. Problem solved. Something that will affect me to that magnitude I'm not leaving that up to someone else.

Men get the shaft for the most part.

Really? Did you take biology?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

well, considering that the question that was asked to begin with is just how trumps decision would affect pharmacies, since they often sell abortificants.
and considering that the logic that is most often used to justify this could be easily used to transfer over to any drug that the gov't chooses to not fund...
it does seem to me that we are giving a great deal of power over to the gov't. where not only will they be able to keep those who are depending on their programs from getting drugs and medical care they find for whatever reason, not worthy of funding, but all of us on a whole, by forcing drug companies, and medical providers into not providing those drugs or that care to it's patients if they want the gov't funding. so, it wouldn't matter how much money you have, you might have a problem finding a druggist or a health care provider willing to provide to you for fear of losing those gov't funds.
sounds like a great way to downgrade the healthcare system to the lowest point!
personally, I hope the healthcare providers don't cave on this for the gov't funding and just let the chaos come out in full view.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

can't help but wonder just how many women have found themselves in the abortion clinic because they did consider the wishes of the daddy and their choice to be where they are wasn't really their first choice?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Then wrap it up. Problem solved. Something that will affect me to that magnitude I'm not leaving that up to someone else.

Men get the shaft for the most part.

Really? Did you take biology?

RE: condoms...not 100% effective.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

can't help but wonder just how many women have found themselves in the abortion clinic because they did consider the wishes of the daddy and their choice to be where they are wasn't really their first choice?

Injustices compared to injustices....its a real pickle, ain't it?

The simple solution is to choose life. But that isn't the legal one.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Majority of cases - - I'd suspect.

For eons - - woman has dealt with the blame of unwanted pregnancy. Discarded and thrown to the gutter - - even by family.

I have little sympathy for men when it comes to abortion CHOICE.

Women were told "You picked the wrong man" - - so I say to the men - - if a woman you had sex with became pregnant and did not consider you in making her choice to either keep or abort - - "You picked the wrong woman". It's on you and the choice you made in who you had sex with.

There have been women who did consider the man - - had the baby - - and gave it to the father. Those men "picked the right woman".

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Injustices compared to injustices....its a real pickle, ain't it?

The simple solution is to choose life. But that isn't the legal one.

I chose the LIFE & WELFARE of my 2 living children.

NO - - bringing another human being into this world - - which you are then responsible for - - at least until they are a legal adult is NOT a simple solution.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I also wonder just how all those women managed to come up with the money for all those illegal back alley abortions back in a time when usually they were so reliant on a man's income.... could it be... no... the men were paying for the abortions that they wanted the mother of their child to have???

edit on 18-5-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Well...it seems as though it is to me.

Im not campaigning against abortion. I just don't like it. But there are things in this world that matter a lot more to me than abortion, for sure....so its not something I really worry about.

That said, medical intervention doesn't seem to be the more simple solution to the problem I mentioned: that fathers rights are trampled in family court and abortion law.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

the women usually gets custody, because her earning potential is so much less than the mans... and that little bundle of joy is gonna harm the earning potential of whoever gets custody. and to be honest, I know of alot of men who spent most of their lives and energy avoiding the child support payments!

the women, gets to have the final say as to weather there will be an abortion because, plain and simple...
IT'S HER BODY!!! if feels, like some women do, that it's morally wrong, well, she is the one that you think should be willingly walking into that abortion clinic, regardless of what she feels about it and doing the act. and, if she believes, for whatever reason, that carrying a pregnancy nine months will lead to physical, financial, or emotional problems that she will not be able to overcome well.... you can't really stop her to doing anything she believes will end the pregnancy, be it walking into an abortion clinic, starving herself, overdosing on the many commonly available abortificants like say oh, I don't know cinnamon, drinking drain cleaner, or heck, since one women was jailed for awhile because a judge found it believable..... throwing herself down a flight of stairs!!!
she is also the one who will be carrying the little tyke nine months, probably getting emotionally attached to it just like mommy nature designed her to do, and may be very unwilling to give it up for adoption, so, she will be the one providing most of it's care for 18 or so years!!! a fact that you seem to want to ignore in your poor, poor men, we are getting screwed here bit!!!

edit on 18-5-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
originally posted by: carewemust
originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: carewemust

Which do you prefer? Your taxpayer dollars funding abortions, or funding the maintenance of children who were not murdered before birth?

Neither!!
edit on 18-5-2018 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightFire

oh, so you prefer a bunch of impoverished kids living in horrible disease ridden conditions coming into the school system and mixing with your kids, or maybe if your kids are lucky enough to not have to attend one of those types of schools running into someone who isn't... and making your kids sick??
we may always have the poor among us, but, no one can live in a bubble once that poverty gets too far out of control.
desparate hungry people will do anything just about to feed their kids, and not even those nice gated communities will protect those inside if those left with no healthcare end up being the breeding group of a major epidemic or some mutated virus or bacteria and is left to spread without notice.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join