It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump Administration Will Soon Prohibit Abortion Services At Federally Funded Clinics.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
May 18, 2018

The Trump Administration will soon prohibit Clinics that receive Federal Taxpayer Dollars, from providing Abortion Counseling. In addition, the Clinics will no longer be able to share space with Abortion Providers.

Following pressure from pro-life Republicans in Congress ahead of the midterm elections, the Trump administration is reportedly planning to resurrect a Reagan-era rule banning federally-funded family planning clinics from discussing abortion with women.

The rule would also prohibit the clinics from sharing space with abortion providers, a senior White House official told the Associated Press Thursday.

That practice, known as "co-location," was specifically decried by more than 150 House members and more than 40 senators earlier this month in letters to Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Alex Azar.

HHS will be announcing its proposal Friday, the official said on condition of anonymity because the official was not authorized to confirm the plans before the announcement.
Source: www.foxnews.com...

If Planned Parenthood, and similar "clinics" are determined to continue providing abortion counseling, and/or providing abortions on-site, they could simply stop accessing Federal Funding, and continue doing business as usual.

Most taxpayers in this country do not want any of the money they send to the Federal Government, to be used for compensating clinics that support killing babies, before they are born. IMO, the Trump Administration is (yet again) doing a good thing for American society, and for humankind in general.

-CareWeMust

+12 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Most taxpayers in this country do not want any of the money they send to the Federal Government, to be used for compensating clinics that support killing babies, before they are born.

Yet you are ok spending money killing babies and children in foreign countries.......hmmmmph....I raise your thumbs up with a

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Using Federal Funds to go to abortions is illegal under Federal Law
Doesnt matter if a person is Pro-Life or Pro-Choice.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Most taxpayers in this country do not want any of the money they send to the Federal Government, to be used for compensating clinics that support killing babies, before they are born.

Yet you are ok spending money killing babies and children in foreign countries.......hmmmmph....I raise your thumbs up with a

What other countries does Planned Parenthood operate in that they would receive Federal Funding ?
I dont get it...

+10 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I see, so they would rather their tax money go to the thousands of additional welfare babies that will be born and will become a burden on the taxpayers for (at best) 18 years instead?

Sure.

+10 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Yay!
Looks like instead of "killing babies", the money will be spent on fetuses that never were checked up on during gestation.

Droves of malformed children that white Christendom won't adopt, but not let the suffering end before it begins.

Every person that votes against abortion should have to take care of a vegetable child, or one that just screams cuz its in constant pain as it has no face but needs to breathe. One week.
Guaranteed their position would change.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Would you care to explain HOW that is carried out?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Using Federal Funds to go to abortions is illegal under Federal Law
Doesnt matter if a person is Pro-Life or Pro-Choice.

Many Immigration laws were not enforced until recently. Are you saying that the law prohibiting federal funding of abortions, has not been enforced as well?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

I see, so they would rather their tax money go to the thousands of additional welfare babies that will be born and will become a burden on the taxpayers for (at best) 18 years instead?

Sure.

Which do you prefer? Your taxpayer dollars funding abortions, or funding the maintenance of children who were not murdered before birth?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Mothers who are NOT POOR kill their unborn also.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: the owlbear

Mothers who are NOT POOR kill their unborn also.

Sure do. They have health care options that people who need Planned Parenthood don't have access to.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Sure.

Which do you prefer? Your taxpayer dollars funding abortions, or funding the maintenance of children who were not murdered before birth?

Well according to the GOP neither is acceptable. They want to defund planned parenthood and destory the social safety net.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

So in your own opinion you believe that tax payers do not want to have the ability to have this capability? So in this sense you are ok with possibly millions more taking away your tax dollars to use on shalll I say welfare. Or other social services?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Would you care to explain HOW that is carried out?

The military industrial complex.....

Which interstingly enough is the nember 1 reason why immigrants are flooding into the western countries, you know trying to escape the hell their own countries have become....sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy to me...Im fairly certain that kids raised in government care will be far less likely to contribute to our society than say the average immigrant running away from the hell they undure on a daily basis.....

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Do you honestly think banning abortions will actually stop abortions?

A desperate pregnant woman, instead of being treated by a reputable doctor, may instead turn to a some backyard operator.

There WILL be more children suffering, starving and being abused if abortion is banned.

But hey, at least this way keeps a made up deity happy...somehow...

edit on 18/5/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Come on folks...its not banning abortions. Trump cannot do that and framing the conversation that way makes everyone discuss a lie.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
What about the many hospitals that will perform abortions as a life saving measure? Are the poor now unable to go those?

Since only a few PP locations provide abortions, does this mean only those locations will stop receiving federal funding? Or will it be all locations?

As I've said before the ones legislation like this hurts the most are people living in rural areas, which is pretty much Trump's base.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The fact that people are still arguing over this speaks more to the divide and conquer mentality than it does to logic and reason.

This is the 21st century. There are many, many options for birth control in this day and age that don’t require killing a baby.

If women would stop throwing caution to the wind and utilize their birth control options BEFORE thy get pregnant (they used to call this personal responsibility) there would be no need for them to use murder as a form of birth control.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Sure.

Sounds pretty self-defeating... does it HAVE to be one of those? Or are you just framing a straw man?

I’m not saying anything here is being done correct, or that I have the answers... but saying there are only these two bad outcomes is just childish and doesn’t further a good discussion.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Good, go back to Reagan era rules on not funding abortions with tax dollars.

Example of MAGA.

Maybe the progs can take their Soros cash and fund these things dear to their hearts, instead of robbing public funding to make America a third world sh@# hole.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join