It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump Administration Will Soon Prohibit Abortion Services At Federally Funded Clinics.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

the women usually gets custody, because her earning potential is so much less than the mans... and that little bundle of joy is gonna harm the earning potential of whoever gets custody. and to be honest, I know of alot of men who spent most of their lives and energy avoiding the child support payments!

Can't really use institutionalized sexism as a reason, though, can we?

I know a lot of women who have spent that child support buying other men baubles. There are all manner of selfish jerks involved in the lives in children.

the women, gets to have the final say as to weather there will be an abortion because, plain and simple...
IT'S HER BODY!!! if feels, like some women do, that it's morally wrong, well, she is the one that you think should be willingly walking into that abortion clinic, regardless of what she feels about it and doing the act. and, if she believes, for whatever reason, that carrying a pregnancy nine months will lead to physical, financial, or emotional problems that she will not be able to overcome well.... you can't really stop her to doing anything she believes will end the pregnancy, be it walking into an abortion clinic, starving herself, overdosing on the many commonly available abortificants like say oh, I don't know cinnamon, drinking drain cleaner, or heck, since one women was jailed for awhile because a judge found it believable..... throwing herself down a flight of stairs!!!
she is also the one who will be carrying the little tyke nine months, probably getting emotionally attached to it just like mommy nature designed her to do, and may be very unwilling to give it up for adoption, so, she will be the one providing most of it's care for 18 or so years!!! a fact that you seem to want to ignore in your poor, poor men, we are getting screwed here bit!!!

its her body. Its my wallet. So on and so forth.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Annee

Well...it seems as though it is to me.

Im not campaigning against abortion. I just don't like it. But there are things in this world that matter a lot more to me than abortion, for sure....so its not something I really worry about.

That said, medical intervention doesn't seem to be the more simple solution to the problem I mentioned: that fathers rights are trampled in family court and abortion law.

I am VERY PRO LIVING CHILDREN. I support providing for those who are already LIVING. There are LIVING CHILDREN through out the world who are dying from neglect, starvation, contaminated water, abuse, trafficking, war, etc etc etc etc.

As I said for eons it was all on women "They picked the wrong man to get pregnant by".

Today - - there are women who would consider the "father's" wishes - - but, it is the man who CHOOSES who he has sex with.

If the man is not considered - - "He CHOSE the wrong woman". He should pay more attention to his Big Head.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I believe you are using an arbitrary measurement for what is living.

To me, a fetus is a living child.

But i don't want to argue that particular point. Im more interested in arguing mens rights in relation to abortion and child rearing. I will point out that men have far, far, far less choice in who they have sex with. Women are the ones who hold that particular power. And they have the ability to undertake contraception all on their own. Im unsure why men have any duty at all in preventing unwanted pregnancy since women own their bodies, decide who to have sex with and when, and have the means to prevent pregnancy regardless of the man.
edit on 5/18/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Congress launched an investigation into PP following the video. They found no wrong doing. But I guess they're also lying.

You mean the same congress that “investigated” fast and furious and found no wrongdoing by holder and Obummer?

I mean, it’s not like PP was lobbying those guys right?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Using Federal Funds to go to abortions is illegal under Federal Law
Doesnt matter if a person is Pro-Life or Pro-Choice.

but trump wants credit for it....just like the Obama economy, trump starts on the 1-yard line and scores a touchdown after Obama drove 99 yards pulling the country out of the s**t, then trump cuts taxes to the wealthy....in 2000, bush comes into office with an annual budget surplus from Clinton, and...boom...cuts taxes to the wealthy, and the country starts amassing a budget deficit

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

but trump wants credit for it....just like the Obama economy, trump starts on the 1-yard line and scores a touchdown after Obama drove 99 yards pulling the country out of the s**t, then trump cuts taxes to the wealthy....in 2000, bush comes into office with an annual budget surplus from Clinton, and...boom...cuts taxes to the wealthy, and the country starts amassing a budget deficit

Yeah, had nothing to do with $200/bil a pop to fund our wars, right?

That budget surplus Bill left....was totally expected to hold steady after the tech bubble popped, right?

LMAO

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I believe you are using an arbitrary measurement for what is living.

To me, a fetus is a living child.

But i don't want to argue that particular point. Im more interested in arguing mens rights in relation to abortion and child rearing. I will point out that men have far, far, far less choice in who they have sex with. Women are the ones who hold that particular power. And they have the ability to undertake contraception all on their own. Im unsure why men have any duty at all in preventing unwanted pregnancy since women own their bodies, decide who to have sex with and when, and have the means to prevent pregnancy regardless of the man.

And I could only give you one star. Well said.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

correct me if I am wrong, but I think men only have two birth control options, don't they.... outside of abstinence of course..
one is sterilzation which shouldn't be demanded of any man.. and the other is condoms...
which, because of aids and stds, it's now advised that they should be used more for the protection from disease than pregnancy...

and, I'm not sure where you get that women have far more choice in whom they have sex with than men do....
why?? because they are free to say no and expect it to be honored?? men can't say no?? wtf!!!

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Yeah, had nothing to do with $200/bil a pop to fund our wars, right?

That budget surplus Bill left....was totally expected to hold steady after the tech bubble popped, right?

LMAO

ok.....I guess this DIDN'T matter....the june 2001 tax cuts to the wealthy...
ourfuture.org...

same as trump, different republican...fiscal responsibility?....now I'm LMAO

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Yes. There were tax cuts (that i didn't agree with). Do you think that tax cuts are the only thing to effect an economy? You don't think losing a significant amount of economic value when an entire industry forms a bubble and it bursts is going to harm said economy?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

and, I'm not sure where you get that women have far more choice in whom they have sex with than men do....
why?? because they are free to say no and expect it to be honored?? men can't say no?? wtf!!!

If i have to explain this, you may not have dated enough to understand anyway. So no worries. But a quick summary: one gender is more well known for saying "no" than the other. There is a biological basis for it. And humans aren't the only ones expressing this biology.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

a reply to: jimmyx

Yes. There were tax cuts (that i didn't agree with). Do you think that tax cuts are the only thing to effect an economy? You don't think losing a significant amount of economic value when an entire industry forms a bubble and it bursts is going to harm said economy?

first question...no
second question...briefly
using borrowed money to cut taxes to the wealthy...are you kidding me?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

So would you agree that to reduce abortion more money is needed to educate people?.
Because that is the best way to reduce abortion.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Show mothers considering abortion videos of children being loved by their mom's, and the children growing up to be happy adults.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

No it would be better if they are educated to follow safe sex practices to reduce unwanted pregnancies.
Do you want it illegal abortion that is?.
edit on 18-5-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

huh?? are you saying that men just can't help themselves, they are incapable of saying no to sex???
even if it's even remotely true, it's more likely that it's more culturally ingrained into the human psyche, girls should say no, lest they be stoned for their sin of sexual impurity.... but boys will be boys and as boys should be allowed to do what they wish but...
than biological...

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

huh?? are you saying that men just can't help themselves, they are incapable of saying no to sex???

Come on Dawn...you're better than that.

Im saying that 99% of the time, 99% of the guys on Earth are ready to participate in procreation rituals. It is not a comment on control or anything else. Just an observation that, to anyone I know, is well accepted and reasonable.

If you need to twist what im saying, or put words in my mouth, its pretty damning for your argument.

even if it's even remotely true, it's more likely that it's more culturally ingrained into the human psyche, girls should say no, lest they be stoned for their sin of sexual impurity.... but boys will be boys and as boys should be allowed to do what they wish but...
than biological...

How did a conversation about abortion and consensual sex end up with you trying to smear me over some kind of rape talk? I don't want to talk about rape, so if that is what you want just be clear. Im happy to disengage this discussion.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

So would you agree that to reduce abortion more money is needed to educate people?.
Because that is the best way to reduce abortion.

Money isn't NEEDED to educate people. It sure may help.

The biggest part of my job is making sure managers understand that cash is a resource. Sometimes it may be a resource that is most appropriate to use. Other resources would be leveraging relationships for help, using labor, pulling down discarded stock to try to recover lost inventory, etc, etc. Spending cash is simply a use of resource, and not always the best resource to use.

While im not religious in any way, I do have to wonder what it would be like if the morality that was taught in many churches (which includes education on abortion) was part of our normal culture. I've never been to a church that discriminated against gay people, or races, or other religions. I may have been fortunate as a child, but the 2 congregations I was a member of were led by good people who had big hearts.

What if atheism had a church where discussions on morality could take place? Where lessons on interpersonal relationships could occur?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

My beef with the issue is that many just want to label women murderers when they do not offer any ideas to reduce abortion (that is the best we can hope for because making it illegal will not work).
No one actively goes out to get pregnant to get an abortion but many want to control women and or slag them off when they have already made a hard decision that they will have to live with.
Heck we are blokes and to be honest we have no idea and it should be their choice.
I always ask the murderer screaming folk how will they make women carry a child they do not want but never get a straight answer, that tells me much tbh.
We are not going to stop it ever so the best thing to do is to reduce it and I do not think getting rid of programs like PP is going to help, I think it will just force desperate women into unsafe situations.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Oh and just to point out I'm no atheist but I think an atheist can be as moral as any religious person and many times have better morals than those who are religious.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join