It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Puts 'America First' On Hold To Save Chinese Jobs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
a reply to: luthier

Let me clarify your jab.

I have always been and will always be on the side of AMERICA. I despise anyone spying on our citizens, whether they are foreign or domestic.

I do not have to "side" with American spies to be on the side of America.
I do not have to "side" with the government to be on the side of America.

Then wtf are you talking about.

Nobody wants to be spied on. It's irrelevant to the problem that cm Ina has one of the most robust spying programs if not the most in the world and they have been caught numerous times spying on Americans wth devices. Which include appliances.
edit on 14-5-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

He honestly thinks he's emporer of the world. Or the pope.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Taking the word of domestic spies that foreign spies are bad is even worse.

wtf, how do you figure?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

First, I was wrong about their share of the American phone market.

Second, thank you for making me research deeper.

The penalties against ZTE have nothing to do with spying and are all about the company selling to Iran and NorKo.

So, again I have to ask. Is it the policy that has people up in arms or is the person making the policy.

Quotes like this one make me wonder:

A former senior Obama administration official said Trump’s tweet set “a horrible precedent” and violates the basic principle that the White House avoid involvement in law enforcement matters.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Speaking of spyware....last week a coworker was in my office talking about CPAP machines to another coworker. Now im getting ads for said machines in my various apps and feeds. I say this to point out that even someone else having spyware could potentially lead to datamining occuring on you.

Yup that happened with the wife and I and at work I was talking with a co worker and 2 minutes later the stuff was popping up online.

Creepy, VERY CREEPY!!!

Oh well taco night 3 tacos and a beer for $5. Life is good

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

If your neighbor beat you then said "don't talk to the people on the next block because they will beat you" would you take their word for it?

Our intel services have shown time and again that they are corrupt. Why then is their opinion on corruption meaningful?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The army was using ZTE off shelf drones in the field until they found security vulnerabilities that seemed purposefully put in them. Seems there were a few ops that went bad because the oposition got a heads up somehow and they think the drones were the source.

Now there is a military ban on ZTE.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

yet, trump is currupt as hell and a liar, but you'll take his word as sacrosant. lol

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So when they announce that ZTE will start building cell phones in NK will that be a bad thing?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

You would think with the number of drones that we had to recover in Iraq (03-07), the military would have realized that buying Chinese drones was a bad idea.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Buy American.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Or we could try to save a company that was spying on our military illegally. Sounds logical.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The dossier has never been proven to be a hoax. More and more actually gets proven as time goes on.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

It sounds like another Sybil moment to me.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

As you hold Obama as the second coming, no doubt.

Trump hasn't paid off our enemies or told us we can keep our _____ yet.

He also hasn't given the top leaders of terrorist organizations their freedom in some s&$%^ deal yet either.

Whose word do you hold as sacrosanct?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

I can see your point.

At the same time though China is creating it's silk road 2.0, it's made huge strides in travelling down that road too. Either way I look at things globalism in terms of trade is a thing that's going to stay, for instance China is never going to stop importing iron or even refined resources from the likes of Australia. Not to mention all of it's future prospects that are seemingly going well.

Look where most of the world's shipping is based at and where it operates from... This move won't be the breakwater that stops the Chinese tsunami. It's made landfall in too many places already.

Even my own nation is looking to more cooperation with China.

I'm far from well-versed in worldwide economics but I do understand the double-edged sword in regards to becoming self-reliant. We want cleaner air, better living standards. It's somewhat difficult to do that when we produce everything in the economic food chain. It's why foreign raw resources is a big thing in the world... It's cheaper, cleaner and all round "better" for our nations. In the short-run that is. Same goes for production. China, like many other Asian nations are absolute powerhouses in the literal sense, we've all heard of the damage their energy production is doing over there.

It's why I can't help but think this is much more political than economics.

Trump was always correct about China being a currency manipulator, the yen is kept purposely low... Western markets have been kept inflated. A scenario I've always thought couldn't go on indefinitely.

you've got me scratching my head a bit now haha, I like that.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Trump owes China a favour. China has sorted out North Korea.

This is Trump's way of thanking China.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

the " you can keep your doctor" retort is always funny.
edit on 14-5-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Trump owes China a favour. China has sorted out North Korea.

And, China is letting Trump take the credit, apparently.

This is Trump's way of thanking China.

Absolutely!

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Demonstrations of hypocrisy usually are...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join