It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Catastrophic': Denmark reacts to US break with Europe over Iran deal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Good lord the shills are working overtime in this thread, almost as if it was coordinated.

They have really been working hard to try and brainwash people susceptible for media hypnosis

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sanitarium79
a reply to: DAVID64

The US is the world police? You are kidding, right?

None of the countless wars the US started in the last 60 years has done anything positiv for the rest of the world. On the contrary, we have to deal with the millions of refugees from all the countrys you guys invaded and bombed into stoneage.

You mean Syria? Syrian refugees? That wasn't the US, that was Assad and Russia. The bulk of refugees to Europe are from syria. The US has taken about 75,000 of them as well.

It is sad enough that the US is willing to send their sons and daughters to die just over money and oil, but please don't pretend to do the world a favor.

You're living in the past. America invented a thing called fracking. It has made the US an exporter of oil. The US is set to be the 4th largest exporter of oil by 2020. EUROPE is the primary consumer of 3rd world oil. If those wars were fought for oil, then they were fought for your own access to the stuff, not America's.

The problem right now is that the constant war in Syria is allmost over because the russians destroyed ISIS, so there is need for a new country to invade. NorthKorea looked fine for that but since they now have atom bombs they are no longer a good option.

So ending the Korean War after 60 years is America's fault? Is it Trumps. Peace is all his fault. ha.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

I think The President is making the right decision on this.

The proof of that pudding will be seen if Iran restarts its Nuclear weapons program , the deal stopped them from doing that.

I agree, it did. And now we're about to experience the fireworks.

It didn't stop them from buying these things or redistributing them... with Obama's cash drops no less. Trump wants that, with a l9nger timeframe. Denmark? Who gives a # what Denmark thinks? No one.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Good lord the shills are working overtime in this thread, almost as if it was coordinated.

Shills ?
Who are the shills ?
Please explain.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The Iranian government has long said it wants a peaceful nuclear power program but domestic nuclear power programs can be used as a smokescreen for Uranium enrichment for weapons use , the inspections were to ensure Iran wasn't enriching Uranium for weapons use.

I don't doubt that Iran had a weapons program before the deal but given Israel has nukes (even thought they won't admit it) I think that is understandable , if I were in their position I would do the same for the defence of my country.

Great. Let 'er rip. If non-proliferation is ancient history, the next move will be direct sales to any nation that wants and can pay for them. We'll see commercials on the net expounding tonnage levels and estimated kill rates. Financing available...OAC.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

The proof of that pudding will be seen if Iran restarts its Nuclear weapons program , the deal stopped them from doing that.

Didn't stop them from doing anything since they never signed the deal. Plus they'll secretly keep developing without inspectors going to certain places. The EU is mad because they started investing in Iran to make $$$$. Let the EU Do business with Iran but Don't expect the perks and the illusion of being the close trade partner and ally with the usa.

The whole deal was a bribe and legacy move from obama that Iran had zero intentions of following.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The Iranian government has long said it wants a peaceful nuclear power program but domestic nuclear power programs can be used as a smokescreen for Uranium enrichment for weapons use , the inspections were to ensure Iran wasn't enriching Uranium for weapons use.

I don't doubt that Iran had a weapons program before the deal but given Israel has nukes (even thought they won't admit it) I think that is understandable , if I were in their position I would do the same for the defence of my country.

If you want war in the Middle East you let Iran get nukes. Not with the usa but with all their neighbors who hate Iran. Not gonna stop a 1500 year dispute with a bribe deal.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

They are welcome to support it. They can give Iran money.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
appeasement will only guarantee more war and conflict, why do people not get that fact? has domestic peace and prosperity in western nations rotten peoples minds, made them so enamored that they've become fearful cowards with no conviction in anything, doing anything to avoid conflict.

bribery won't bring you peace when religious fanatics rule Iran, they seek only one thing, conquest and domination of the midle east, people are confused if they think nations having nukes actually creates peace.

america never actually signed any treaty and congress even signed bills that stopped the president from enforcing any part of the agreement, everyone but america signed this agreement into law, they all sided with iran, threatening our national security and interfering with our sanctions, making iran more dangerous and aggressive against our interests.

war with iran is inevitable and having allies turn on us, making our enemies stronger, is the last thing we need. don't become our enemy europe, don't be cowards and fools, if iran becomes a nuclear power you better be prepared for the consequences.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Right, because everyone calls it a nuclear weapons program nowadays.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Didn't stop them from doing anything since they never signed the deal.

Nonsense , Iran are complying with nuclear deal even the dear leader has acknowledged that last year.

President Donald Trump’s administration on Monday declared that Iran was complying with its nuclear agreement with world powers, but warned that Tehran was in default of the spirit of the accord and that Washington would look for ways to strengthen it.
www.reuters.com...

edit on 11-5-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

Well yes in part I talk about Syria, but also about the countless other countrys like Irak, Afghanistan, Lybia, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen and all the others.
The bulk of refugees are not coming from Syria - they are only around 10% at the moment. Over 60% of the refugees are actualy from Africa.

Yes the US has taken 75.000 refugees, the number is actualy funny. I live in a country with 8 million people and we were forced to take over 300.000 of them, the US has 320 million people and took 75k....sounds nice and fair.

Yes i heared about fracking, if it is true that it works out that well I guess there is no need for another invasion then, right? We will see about that I guess.History tells a other story tough. Some nice false flag event and the fun start all over.

Never said anything against Trump, and I don't hate on the US for having wars. As long as you dont clame to go to war to make world a better place i am all ok.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sanitarium79
a reply to: DAVID64

The US is the world police? You are kidding, right?

None of the countless wars the US started in the last 60 years has done anything positiv for the rest of the world. On the contrary, we have to deal with the millions of refugees from all the countrys you guys invaded and bombed into stoneage.

It is sad enough that the US is willing to send their sons and daughters to die just over money and oil, but please don't pretend to do the world a favor.

The problem right now is that the constant war in Syria is allmost over because the russians destroyed ISIS, so there is need for a new country to invade. NorthKorea looked fine for that but since they now have atom bombs they are no longer a good option.

Since there are allmost no oil rich countrys left you guys havent invaded lately, Iran is the only logical next target. Lets hope the Iran cow can longer be milked then Syria, allmost no good other targets left.

BS, most were stone age anyway.

Here's an idea, DON"T LET THEM IN!?

The ruskies destroyed ISIS?

No kiddin? Wow.

Took em long enough.

I think they all died of old age.

We don't need the oil anymore, if we ever got any of it.

Oh, and better start taking care of things from now on.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'm just amused.

Does a presidential signature and EO make things a treaty nowadays?

If that all it is, we are in a world of hurt.

When did we do away with Article 2, Section 2 of that "damn piece of paper"? -G. Bush

And there is the fun little tidbit that Iran never signed either?

Could it be all smoke and mirrors, 'hopium'?

What if Iran never stopped and only moved things to a new location? The deal only gave limited access to certain areas and was always a supervised trip. Not like we got to go poking around the country all willy-nilly.

Link to article with a letter to Mike Pompeo near the bottom of the article with Obama state dept saying Iran never signed

edit on C18954655 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Nonsense , Iran are complying with nuclear deal even the dear leader has acknowledged that last year.

President Donald Trump’s administration on Monday declared that Iran was complying with its nuclear agreement with world powers, but warned that Tehran was in default of the spirit of the accord and that Washington would look for ways to strengthen it.
www.reuters.com...

No they aren't, want to know why, there is no deal. Never was one.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Oh right , err thanks.
Damn Mandela effect !

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Wild that the whole EU is hinging on an "agreement" with Iran !!

Joke.

Expose the corruption.

😃

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Shills ?
Who are the shills ?
Please explain.

"Shills" are what trolls call people who don't see things their way.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

...under the deal they were monitored...

Are you absolutely sure of that?

2. Some of Iran’s major nuclear facilities will be subject to constant monitoring, but if international inspectors suspect violations elsewhere, they may have to wait as long as 24 days.

Of course, just because Iran says it’ll agree to the restrictions doesn’t necessarily mean it will. To make sure Iran holds up its end of the bargain, the deal permits the atomic agency "to implement continuous monitoring." What that means and whether it’s enough are up for debate.

"Iran’s nuclear program will be under lock, key and camera 24 hours a day, 365 days a year," Rep. Don Beyer, D-Va., wrote in an op-ed supporting the deal.

That rates Half True. The agency will have cameras that provide 24-hour monitoring at the Natanz facility, which has 5,000 centrifuges, and inspectors will have daily access to the facility for 15 years. Within a year, there will be 130 to 150 inspectors in Iran.

But Natanz is more of the exception to the rule than the rule itself. For suspected sites where surveillance is not spelled out in the agreement, inspectors may have to wait up to 24 days for access. Some experts say that’s sufficient to detect violations, while others disagree.

3. ‘Anywhere, anytime’ inspections were never really a goal.

Many critics of the deal have suggested that the original plan was to give the atomic agency the ability to inspect Iranian facilities anywhere, anytime.

The Iran deal "violates promises the president made to the American people," said Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla. "It is not an anytime, anywhere inspection process."

We rated that claim Half True. Rubio has a point when he says the deal doesn’t include "anytime, anywhere" inspections, but that was not the administration’s goal, experts said. The White House typically characterizes the inspection as "very intrusive" — strong by historical standards and enough to block Iran’s path to a bomb.

"No sovereign state would agree to such an arrangement; no such access is necessary to verify compliance; and any such arrangement would waste the inspectors' resources," Daryl Kimball, executive director of the Arms Control Association, told PolitiFact.

PolitiFact Sheet: 6 things to know about the Iran nuclear deal

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

www.reuters.com...

Will you guys make up your minds? The Republicans have repeatedly stated that Iran was honouring the treaty and had no nuclear weapon programme of any form since 2009. Strange how the UN, IAEA and all other signatories refer to Iran as a signatory and the findings of the inspections and analysis of compliance with the treaty were published every six months if no treaty had existed don't you think?

It's less than 10 days since Pompeo said Iran were abiding by it, and every IAEA report is only two months old - since the inception has it shows Iran have exceeded all targets barr one they use only 66% of their capacity for 3.97% enriched Uranium, Iran granted IAEA inspectors access to military sites the same day of each request, choosing to comply immediately instead of using the 23 days the treaty granted them before they'd be violating it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join